CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Excel spreadsheet for maintenance, repair, and refit  (Read 5479 times)

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
Re: Excel spreadsheet for maintenance, repair, and refit
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 12:37:08 AM »

Revised revised version. I found an error on the customization sheet and fixed it.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 08:08:51 AM »

Version 5 with the last vestiges of StratOps repair features removed.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 02:11:20 PM »

Version 3 repair mod for replacing armor was -2.  Version 5 mod is -1.  Is this correct?  Also I can't get tech mod and quirk columns to work in version 5 so target numbers won't come up.  Version 3 does work.  Is it me? or is something wrong?
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 02:18:37 PM »

Version 3 repair mod for replacing armor was -2.  Version 5 mod is -1.  Is this correct?  Also I can't get tech mod and quirk columns to work in version 5 so target numbers won't come up.  Version 3 does work.  Is it me? or is something wrong?

bmr rules state -1 for armor since thats what were using they decided to fix it on the sheet i actually asked the same thing lol

the other parts not sure
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2017, 06:41:54 PM »

I'll look into it when I get back home. I assume this is on the repair page?

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 07:00:57 PM »

Version 3 repair mod for replacing armor was -2.  Version 5 mod is -1.  Is this correct?  Also I can't get tech mod and quirk columns to work in version 5 so target numbers won't come up.  Version 3 does work.  Is it me? or is something wrong?

yes, repair page  I also have question on refit  target numbers.  for straight hs swap --vet tech, double time, shows tn 4 in tn column and 6 just to right of tn column.  you had target #'s of 7.  I don't understand.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:14:19 PM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 09:28:31 AM »

Version 6 with the last of the StratOps repair rules excised (I know I thought this last time...). Now repairs and customizations are all using BMR modifiers with no StratOps tech or quality mods. The Tech Mod column is for IS teams working on clan or mixed tech mechs, not StratOps tech mod.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:33:49 AM by Timberwolfd »

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 09:36:06 AM »

Version 3 repair mod for replacing armor was -2.  Version 5 mod is -1.  Is this correct?  Also I can't get tech mod and quirk columns to work in version 5 so target numbers won't come up.  Version 3 does work.  Is it me? or is something wrong?

yes, repair page  I also have question on refit  target numbers.  for straight hs swap --vet tech, double time, shows tn 4 in tn column and 6 just to right of tn column.  you had target #'s of 7.  I don't understand.

Depending on which mech refit you were looking at, adding CASE results in a TN of 5 at the factory +2 for custom to 7 total. Since I was clumping my refits, the TNs were sometimes larger.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 09:10:05 PM »

Version 7 changes

Included hull breach repairs (Note that Hull Breach repairs cannot make use of extra time or rush time)
Repair of damaged multi-crit weapons and equipment (Must have 1 crit surviving)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:38:42 PM by Timberwolfd »

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 03:35:45 PM »

2. Changing cockpit types requires installing 2x life support and 2x sensors as well.

In Tech Manual pg 275, the example for cost calculation for the Mongoose mech, for life support and sensors it only uses the cost for 1 each. This leads me to believe that there is only of each but each takes 2 crit locations.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 04:32:48 PM »

That would explain some of the most egregious cost differences and why they have a repair life support option for more than one critical. On the other hand, they are distinct and non contiguous critical which would argue for 2 separate items.

If Rob wants to rule on this (either way) for clarity, it would probably limit misunderstandings.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 12:16:39 AM »

They are in fact a single item, with split critical slots.  You need only purchase and mount a single Sensor or Life Support unit when repairing a destroyed Head Location.  Note, however, that Head Slots are fixed; you cannot open up Slot 1 on a Head Location by moving the Life Support in that slot around.  Not even with a customization, unless you're doing weird-ass Torso Cockpit shennannnigans, in which case I'll ask how are you in the 3060s already?

Precendent: Fusion Engines, SFE, XL, and otherwise.  Single item.  Split slots.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2017, 10:33:23 PM »

Latest correction (v8)
Revised time bonuses to include triple time and readjust TN modifiers for double, triple, quadruple progression.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 01:48:13 PM »

Version 7 changes

Included hull breach repairs (Note that Hull Breach repairs cannot make use of extra time or rush time)
Repair of damaged multi-crit weapons and equipment (Must have 1 crit surviving)

I thought it couldn't have more than 50% of an equipments crit slots destroyed to repair it
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 09:46:50 PM »

I went digging through the books (both StratOps and BMR are the same). The relevant section is diagnosis (which I don't think anyone has actually done). See page 176/177 in StratOps.

The relevant bit is

Any weapons or equipment are rendered inoperative by a critical hit or destruction of the location in which they are situated and may be beyond repair. Players can attempt to repair weapons and equipment that have received a critical hit or are in a destroyed location (if a weapon received a critical hit and is also in a destroyed location, only a single roll is made). For each destroyed item, roll 2D6. On a result of 10 or more, the item can be repaired; otherwise, it must be replaced.

I can't find any rule stating that 50% of the crits must be okay, in fact it looks like a fully crit hit weapon could theoretically be resurrected by RAW.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4