CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Excel spreadsheet for maintenance, repair, and refit  (Read 5482 times)

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Excel spreadsheet for maintenance, repair, and refit
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 08:53:08 AM »

I am trying to figure out how the excel sheet you made calculates TN and times.
How is weight class factored in for both these values?
I just want to figure out how this all factors in so I wont make the mistake of just going into the rules blindly.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »

I am trying to figure out how the excel sheet you made calculates TN and times.
How is weight class factored in for both these values?
I just want to figure out how this all factors in so I wont make the mistake of just going into the rules blindly.
Weight class has no bearing on repair times or TNs.
I will be making a new version soon(TM) to incorporate Rob's +1 modifier for customized mechs.

The TNs for repairs are based on the tables from BMR (They are the same as StratOps except for an offset of 1 brought about by StratOps using quality and tech level modifiers.). You can find them in the LookupTables tab. Everything in Blue is used to calculate TNs. Any given repair has a TN modifier and time from the table. The modifiers for location, time spent, etc. are there as well.

It should go without saying that fiddling with the tables will change or break the spreadsheet.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:15:52 AM by Timberwolfd »

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 10:57:04 AM »

I went digging through the books (both StratOps and BMR are the same). The relevant section is diagnosis (which I don't think anyone has actually done). See page 176/177 in StratOps.

The relevant bit is

Any weapons or equipment are rendered inoperative by a critical hit or destruction of the location in which they are situated and may be beyond repair. Players can attempt to repair weapons and equipment that have received a critical hit or are in a destroyed location (if a weapon received a critical hit and is also in a destroyed location, only a single roll is made). For each destroyed item, roll 2D6. On a result of 10 or more, the item can be repaired; otherwise, it must be replaced.

I can't find any rule stating that 50% of the crits must be okay, in fact it looks like a fully crit hit weapon could theoretically be resurrected by RAW.

Me and rob had a discussion at one point regarding critical remaining may want to have rob chime in again because I've lost a few parts or bought parts based on that
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:45:38 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 01:14:20 PM »

The general idea was that tracking damaged weapons/equipment in the warehouse and their repair checks added a whole extra level of complexity to the process.  The 50% rule means that you don't have to keep track of damaged 1 or 2-crit components, which significantly eases the process. 

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 02:37:25 PM »

The general idea was that tracking damaged weapons/equipment in the warehouse and their repair checks added a whole extra level of complexity to the process.  The 50% rule means that you don't have to keep track of damaged 1 or 2-crit components, which significantly eases the process. 
Yeah, the roll multiplication can get annoying quick. I don't get why they didn't do a single roll for the mech and have it be a MoS thing. For each MoS a crit is repairable would have been easier.
I have no way to implement that in the Excel sheet itself, so that will be a human tracking thing.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2017, 08:23:45 PM »

Will the next one of these include rush time values?

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2017, 08:53:05 PM »

I'll take a look at it. The problem is making sure the user actually uses the lower tech rank. Since an elite tech works like a veteran to get the job done in 1/2 the time, a regular to get it done in 1/4 the time, etc., there are challenges implementing it easily in cells.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2017, 03:33:20 PM »

so if an ammo bin has taken a crit, is there anything that needs to be bought to replace it (assuming ammo depleted/ not enough to kill mech outright)?

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2017, 07:34:21 PM »

so if an ammo bin has taken a crit, is there anything that needs to be bought to replace it (assuming ammo depleted/ not enough to kill mech outright)?

the crit slot should be repaired and ammo bought as far as i know
Die Clanner!!!!

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2017, 11:57:17 AM »

under maintenance outcome, for the table lookup that includes quality. There is a value that transferred over as #REF. What is that value exactly?
=IF(C54=LookupTables!$B$8,VLOOKUP(IF(Z54<-7, -7,IF(Z54>6,6,Z54)),Maintenance,VLOOKUP(#REF!,Quality,3,FALSE),FALSE),"")

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2017, 02:22:57 PM »

under maintenance outcome, for the table lookup that includes quality. There is a value that transferred over as #REF. What is that value exactly?
=IF(C54=LookupTables!$B$8,VLOOKUP(IF(Z54<-7, -7,IF(Z54>6,6,Z54)),Maintenance,VLOOKUP(#REF!,Quality,3,FALSE),FALSE),"")
It was pointed at column O that used to have unit quality. Since we don't have quality in our campaign, it got deleted. You can look at earlier versions of the sheet to see how it would have worked. It implements StratOps' failure of maintenance reducing quality of units.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2017, 02:34:51 PM »

That makes more sense now. Was kinda weird getting that when it didnt exist.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2018, 09:31:22 PM »

Update to Version 9.

With the rules v2-2 version Rob added a +1 maintenance modifier for custom mechs. This version includes that modifier.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2018, 10:45:26 AM »

With the added of the custom column in roster also affected the lookup regarding clan/IS tech, thereby adding a 2 mod to the entire thing. Was this by design?

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2018, 01:48:09 PM »

With the added of the custom column in roster also affected the lookup regarding clan/IS tech, thereby adding a 2 mod to the entire thing. Was this by design?

No. I'll look at it this evening.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4