CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: ICE LANCE - CUSTOMIZE/REPAIR/SKILLS  (Read 20487 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: ICE LANCE - REPAIR REFIT REMAKE
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 01:21:30 AM »

alright so that arm is useless then it was an internal section with a veteran or is there some hope

The arm isn't useless; it still has 4 IS remaining (a 70-ton Mech has 11 IS, and you took 7), and can still mount the normal amount of armor.  It's just that those 7 points can't get repaired until you hire an Elite Tech.

With that said, as you weren't fully aware how how repair order functioned, I'm willing to give a bit of a do-over here.  Again, you probably want to do most of your first-attempt repairs with your Green/Regular Techs, because that'll let you try again with Veteran Techs...even if it means it takes longer to do the repairs.  You have to balance out whether you need your Mech repaired RIGHT NOW (at a risk of long-term damage), or let your Regular Techs take their time - 480 minutes at a time - repairing your unit.

I will also point out that this is the do-over; there isn't an excuse from this point out. 

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 11:51:28 AM »

He can also just buy a new arm and discard the one with the irreparable IS.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »

I don't have BMR hand, but in StratOps there are a few repairs, including internal structure, that have a partial repair rule. MoS/MoF may have resulted in a partial repair.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 05:57:18 PM »

lesson learned green and regular techs prepare for more work lol
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 08:30:48 PM »

SGT   Lowell Metaxas   Mech Tech Regular

assigned to warhammer RA 7 INT QUAD TIME 720 min TN 4
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 11:49:27 PM »

The armor gets a -2 with -2 for maintenance and veteran tech which is 6+ so -4 over all? am i missing something? im not gonna use the vet tech for that after all tho since wont gain xp but wanted to double check
It looks like you are using StratOps tables for the calculation (-2 for armor instead of -1 from BMR). Note that officially we are using BMR for repairs to simplify things like tracking unit quality and tech for StratOps modifiers. The repair tables are virtually identical, the difference is that the StratOps table is 1 easier across the board (i.e. -1 TN for all repairs) because StratOps has mechs being Tech Level D by default, which includes a +1 modifier. Just add +1 to all TNs based on the StratOps table.

Also, the partial repair thresholds are the same as well, so your failed internal repair with a MoF of 2 (ignore the TN difference from StratOps/BMR for discussion now) on a 1/2 to 3/4 damage internal section would result in a partial repair. Your MoF was equal to or less than the partial repair threshold of 2 for that repair. Partial repairs suck. So, your tech thinks it worked correctly and you can't attempt to repair it again until after the next game. The partial repair results in 3 points of permanent internal damage to that section. After the next game, a higher rank tech could attempt a full repair.

(Rob, I have question into Xotl on this, but if we have a monthly maintenance cycle go by, do you want to GM fiat that we find these kind of things during routine operations?)

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 12:00:00 AM »

Im going off your sheet timber so if its wrong then heres a notice that something is up with it then so it can be changed on there as well

easily fixed i would think

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:26:46 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 09:11:20 PM »

install case lt, swap HS to DHS, move sl to head, move ll to ct, dhs on each side torso add 1.5 tons armor   will use about 70 bv per mech       - each 1109 bv
swap the griffin to DHS for now, move a jj from each torso into each leg - bv 1272 still
leave the warhammer as is 1661 bv

You do know how much time this'll take, right?

The above represents a fairly optimized "time for task" breakdown; mostly because it assumes you're going to use all your Techs to pull SHS off of your Mechs during transit to the factory (so you aren't doubling the time that specific task takes with the x2 customization modifier).  Once you're on-planet, you're looking at 25 days per Enforcer, and 15 days for the Griffin.  I'm not saying you can't do it (you have 3 Techs and you're modding 3 Mechs)...but you should be aware that using regular Techs to mod Mechs - even on a Factory world - is a risky business.

Your TNs are looking middling.
Griffin on DropShip: 6 for Veteran, 7 for Regular (+2 for Class C, -2 for Maintenance Facility)
Enforcer on DropShip: 6 for Veteran, 7 for Regular (+2 for Class C, -2 for Maintenance Facility)
Enforcer on DropShip: 6 for Veteran, 7 for Regular (+2 for Class C, -2 for Maintenance Facility)

Griffin at factory: 6 for Veteran, 7 for Regular (+2 for Class D, +2 for Customization, -4 for Factory)
Enforcer at factory: 7 for Veteran, 8 for regular (+3 for Class E, +2 for Customization, -4 for Factory)
Enforcer at factory: 7 for Veteran, 8 for regular (+3 for Class E, +2 for Customization, -4 for Factory)

As was mentioned in the thread breaking down customizations, if you screw up the customization, you can choose to try again (ie, you don't lose the components), or you can choose to say the hell with it and spend the time and TNs shoving everything back into your Mech the way it was.  Mostly what it will cost is time (or it may drop a negative Quirk onto you).  With those TNs, you should expect to fail at least 1 roll at some point in the process, so think about how long you're going to have units out of action for the next contract.  Also remember that the unit is leaving the planet after 1 September to its next contract, whether you're ready or not...AND once the unit leaves, the Enforcer refits will be impossible (CASE requires a Factory) and any TNs at all will be 2 points higher since you're trading a Factory (-4) for a Maintenance Facility (-2).

Basically with your Veteran Tech, it's pretty safe to do ONE customization.  More than one is a risk, which you can choose to take or not (depending on Regular Techs as you are), with the caveat that you could be out of action for a good long while if you roll poorly.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 10:24:30 PM »

Would it not be faster to take some of the smaller stuff and do it first then do the harder stuff to save time with the multipliers?
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 10:55:26 PM »

Would it not be faster to take some of the smaller stuff and do it first then do the harder stuff to save time with the multipliers?

I haven't run every permutation of this, so it might...but it's far more likely to both take you longer AND increase your TNs.

Remember, if you add anything new or move anything around, it's a customization.  If all you're doing is removing things, you don't take the customization penalty.  So, for example, take the Enforcer refit.  Instead of just removing the SHS on the DropShip, you also decide to move the SL and LL around.  Here's what that does:

Now it takes 32 days instead of 30 days.  Why?  Because by doing something on the DropShip other than just removing components, you're now customizing the unit.  Which means that the Class C Refit of removing the SHS has its time doubled.

On top of that, it does this to your TNs:
Enforcer on DropShip: 8 for Veteran, 9 for Regular (+2 for Class C, , +2 for Customization, -2 for Maintenance Facility

So your factory-side TNs didn't change, and your "on DropShip" TNs went up by 2 because you're performing a customization.

Basically, doing anything but removing components away from the factory only hurts you overall.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 07:54:45 AM »

Im going off your sheet timber so if its wrong then heres a notice that something is up with it then so it can be changed on there as well

easily fixed i would think
Sigh, you are correct.
It is easily fixed.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 03:09:10 PM »

SGT   Meagan Kinnar   Mech Tech Veteran   7.5 hrs used split between 7/13 7/14 7/15 7/16 7/17...7/20 (30min)
SGT   Lowell Metaxas   Mech Tech Regular   33 hrs used split between 7/13 7/14 7/15 7/16 7/17(3hrs)
SGT   Richard Vlard   Mech Tech Regular   24 hrs used split between 7/13 7/14 7/15 7/16 7/17 ...7/20 7/21

SGT   Meagan Kinnar   Mech Tech Veteran

strip all HS (12) TN 6+  4.5 days----assigned to enforcer (non head hit one)
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8

-------

SGT   Richard Vlard   Mech Tech Regular--assigned to enforcer (non head hit one)
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7

strip LL Quad Time TN 7+ 4 days

-------

SGT   Lowell Metaxas   Mech Tech Regular

will reload all ammo bins

ammo bins

enforcer- 4 rounds
enforcer-8 rounds
griffin- 8 rounds between 2 ammo bins

total time 2hr
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2017, 04:35:22 PM »

both assigned same enforcer

SGT   Richard Vlard   Mech Tech Regular
INSTALL ML -- CT DOUBLE TIME TN 8+ 3 days
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9

-------

SGT   Lowell Metaxas   Mech Tech Regular
INSTALL ML -- CT DOUBLE TIME TN 8+ 3 days
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10

Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 05:13:36 PM »

Lowell Metaxas gains 2 xp
Meagan Kinnar gains 1 xp

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 03:32:39 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 03:10:21 AM »

SGT   Lowell Metaxas   Mech Tech Regular assigned to same enforcer as all other customization's so far

ADD 23 points armor (1.91 days)460 min  TN 8+
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5
Die Clanner!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34