CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: Dragon Lance- Maintenance, Repair, Customs  (Read 23594 times)

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Dragon Lance- Maintenance, Repair, Customs
« on: November 13, 2017, 01:46:44 PM »

I want to see if I am doing this correctly before I apply any of the rolls towards a customization.
I want to change my Grasshopper 5H to remove the 22 SHS for 13 DHS, Remove LRM5+ammo, add Large Laser and PPC as custom.
So, cumulatively, I would have to remove all the SHS with the LRM5+ammo first.

I would begin by rolling to remove each SHS with one person at 90m/sink, if one fails, then the next higher level person would take over the removal (would his time be included in the repair so it would be 22*90 + #fails*90 for time or would the new tech replace the lost time entirely?

Next would be the removal of the LRM5+ ammo at 120 for the weapon and 120 for ammo? (Since it falls under weapons and other)

Then would be the addition of the 13 DHS (would this be considered a Class D and can avoid the customization penalty?) and new weapons, which will include the custom penalties in question (+2TN and time*2).

So before considering all this, I would have to figure out my location first. I am assuming either the dropship bay or a cargo storage (like Rob was saying Sat), I am assuming a +0 TN for either but cannot make full customs or refits in cargo right? I could start by removing parts in transit until we get to our destination in May, then Finish up before our next full contract right?

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Lance- Maintenance, Repair, Customs
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 01:53:21 PM »

The shs ammo and weapon removal can be done in a single roll if wanted  at highest TN which should be the same regardless

if it's a failure it's counted as double the current time to complete then completes

The dhs since it's not a field refit kit counts as a custom so it gets the custom penalties

On the spreadsheet it will have change heatsink type you input number hs adding

Bottom part not sure but I was assuming we're considered maintenance
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:59:03 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 03:00:33 PM »

Grasshopper 5H Customization
Using Elite Tech given ( Base 5)
Removing 22 SHS (5LT,4RT,1LA,1RA,11 Engine) (TN 4(base 5, -1HS,0 Dropship))
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8

Removing LRM5 (Head) (TN 6 (base 5, 1 weapon, 0 Dropship))
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6

Removing LRM5 ammo (1 ton, RT) (TN 6 (base 5, 1 weapon, 0 Dropship))
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 03:07:08 PM »

TN for all was 5. Going to use the lowest roll at 6 (since removals are required to do all at once for customization.)
All removals successful
22 SHS =3960 Min
1 LRM5 = 240 Min
1 LRM5 ammo= 240 Min
Total time= 4440 Min= 9.25 Days
Start Date 4/5/3045
End Date 4/15/3045
Assuming the Refit sheet is correct. I feel like the numbers are higher than anticipated but this will have to do I suppose.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:08:57 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 06:26:03 PM »

Using Regular Tech Ellis (7+) Customization for Grasshopper- 5H (Start 4/11/3045)
Add 13 DHS (11 Engine, 1LT, 1RT) (TN 1 (Base 7, -1 Heat Sink, 2 Custom, -2 Maintenance Bay, -3 4x Extra Time)) 180Min/DHS
Add 1 Large Laser (LT) (TN 5 (base 7, 1 Weapon, 2 Custom, -2 Maintenance Bay, -3 4x Extra Time )) 240Min
Add 1 PPC (RT) (TN 5 (base 7, 1 Weapon, 2 Custom, -2 Maintenance Bay, -3 4x Extra Time)) 240Min TN 5 (Highest TN)
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »

Start Date: 5/2/3045 End Date: 5/20/3045
TN needed to utilize 75% of Factory: 7 MoS:0
Rolled: 7 (in previous post) Adjusting for the use of .75 in factory.
Time to complete: 8460 Minutes or 17.625 Days
Added 13 DHS (11 Engine, 1LT, 1RT)
Added 1 Large Laser (LT)
Added 1 PPC (RT)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:10:04 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 09:57:59 PM »

We are heading to Canopus specifically for the mech factory there. Since a factory gives you a -4 instead of the maintenance facility -2 we are getting from our pimped out dropship (which would normally be a simple 0 mod), you wouldn't need to use quadruple time as much. Also, consider that in case of failure, your customization time doubles. And since you need to do 75% of the work on planet , at the factory, for the bonus, it makes a lot of sense to risk a higher roll on a shorter modification than to risk not getting the factory bonus because the unit has to leave before the work gets done.

Basically, change your calculation to be at the factory and reduce your time to double for the same TN and your work should only take 35.25 days and 70.5 on a failure. You could begin the work 8 days before landing and still do 75% on planet, so start 4/29 on the factory work, land 5/7 and complete 6/5 with up to 24 days of padding depending on when the unit leaves or if we even select a June contract.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 07:16:08 AM »

So removal of my parts right now is fine, but how would that work with doing work halfway on the ship then the other half in a factory?

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 07:39:54 AM »

Removing parts doesn't constitute a customization on its own. It is the changes made for the new gear that are important. Removing the 22 SHS doesn't change that your mech is configured for SHS. It is when you add the 13 DHS that you make the modification.

A lot of the issue is the way the rules on customizations are written. Everything you do in a customization is modified by the highest time modifier of the modification. So removing stuff like you would for maintenance is a way to reduce what is covered by the time multiple that Rob has blessed. He has specifically disallowed doing separate customizations to break up times in more beneficial ways. So you can't do the SHS->DHS conversion as one customization and do a separate one for the weapons.

Also, you must do 75% of the customization work at the factory (not 50%) to get the factory bonus. By my calculations, if you strip everything before starting the customization (and you have plenty of time to do that), you get a 17.625 day modification at TN 7 for a regular tech at normal time usage. 75% of time at the factory means 4.4 days of work can happen before we land on May 7th. So start on May 2nd and finish on May 20th.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 08:41:55 AM »

Okay so if I start in the maintenance bay then end in the factory, I would get the bonus for the factory since the majority of the time will be done there? Should I just start this thread over then just to have some continuity?

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 08:46:59 AM »

Okay so if I start in the maintenance bay then end in the factory, I would get the bonus for the factory since the majority of the time will be done there? Should I just start this thread over then just to have some continuity?
Don't restart the thread, it will just look weird or like like you are trying to change things. Better just to post a clear description of what is going on and leave the previous posts for historical value.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 09:03:16 AM »

So just keep my removal rolls (not knowing about maintenance bay (but still passing anyway)) do the removal in transit, then start on upgrades prior to entering factory? This way I can keep my rolls and still have them pass in some capacity.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 09:10:18 AM »

Passing anyway is a happy coincidence. We are correcting your mods and time usage to properly reflect conditions.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 09:13:50 AM »

Okay sounds good. I just wont make the changes to the removal items since its a pass regardless. And I just changed the post after my customization to reflect what you posted. Thanks

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 08:50:26 AM »

Okay another question?
Since I have 3 techs, I could technically have things going on at once on 3 separate mechs correct?
so with my newly acquired LRM 5 and ammo, I want to put it on my vindicator by removing 2 heat sinks and the med laser.
so the removal is just the 1x skill for removal, then what would be the 2x based on? Class B states that I can swap the LRM 5 with the med laser (due to same number of crit slots), but what about the addition of another ton of ammo?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32