CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: IC] 15 September, 2821: We are the Champions  (Read 1852 times)

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
IC] 15 September, 2821: We are the Champions
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:50:21 PM »

Up until now the Snow Ravens and Wolverines had occasionally conducted joint operations against Circean foes.  Now geography played a part.  The Snow Ravens moved east of Hidalgo City to engage the Tabor Voivoidate while the Wolverines turned northwest to confront the Rasmussen Elite.

From Operation Klondike, page 75:  “Described politely as a “thugocracy,” the Elite were a strange mixture of Lyran, Combine, and Terran warriors who imposed their will on the population of their territory through fear and intimidation—and their control of several lances of battlemechs.  They took and did what they wanted, providing “protection” for those in their domain in exchange for their every whim being met.  Disputes were settled via combat—often to the death.”

While on their way to their designated patrol area northwest of Point Alpha, the 1st Strikers detected unknown forces on an intercept course….

Planet: Circe         Gravity: 0.8 G

Walking/Cruise mp—modified by gravity mp
3-4
4-5
5-6
6-7
7-9
8-10
9-11
10-12
11-14

Weather: Clear

Scenario: Hit & Run

Map:  Northwest of Point Alpha

West [][][] East
        [][][]

Defender:  1st Wolverine Strikers Binary with aero pt.

May use “overrun combat” skill
Mechs set up on southeast corner of map, hex-row 0917 to 1514 and southeast.
Aero set up at altitude 4 over mech starting map, velocity 4

Objective:  Exit map northwest corner between hexes 0107 and 0701.

Attacker:  Rasmussen Elite

Objective:  Delay and damage enemy as much as possible.

Individuals or small groups may challenge defenders per rules of Zellbrigen.

OOC: May I borrow the following minis for this battle?
Scorpion, Hermes

"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: IC] 15 September, 2821: We are the Champions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 07:27:21 PM »

I can bring a Bishamon for the Scorpion and I believe I have a Hermes.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:09:02 PM »

Yamamori looked up at the new war machine and marveled.  Here was the ‘mech he had described over drinks and in strategy sessions.  More wistful thinking, honestly.  There were a number of ‘mechs that were involved in scouting or hunting.  Each seemed to be a piece of the puzzle.  The Spector excelled at stealth and hunting, but lacked advanced sensors to help identify targets.  The Mongoose was a good command ‘mech with speed, but lacked maneuverability with no jump cabability and no ECM.  The Ostscout combined many of the features but had no ability to defend itself or to take out targets.

Here was a ‘Mech that had the advanced sensors and countermeasures, the speed and maneuverability, the armor and weapons to put to good effect.  The XL engine was a bit of a concern, but no more so than other advanced units.  It was a strong design.   Now, would it live up to its billing?

Khan McEvedy looked amused as Yamamori took everything in.  “Will it do, Star Commander?”  He looked over to see her teasing him.

“Yes, my Khan,” he replied. 

“It was your idea, Kenji.  Seemed only fitting to have you pilot the first one.  No one else has your unique perspective on scouting or the right skill set to really put it through its paces.” 

She started walking around it, Kenji falling in beside her to admire it.

“What are we calling it?” he asked.

“The Mercury II.” She replied.  “Get familiar with it.  You do not have a lot of time before your next mission.  I need you – and it – in the field.”

“Affirmative, my Khan.  And Sarah?  Thank you.”

With a final nod to Yamamori, Khan McEvedy left him.  ‘So like her father,’ he thought.  He had watched her grow up, join the ranks and climb her way to her current position.  Those left of Echo had always been welcome at General McEvedy’s home.  Even after he passed, that bond had remained.  That was part of what brought them to the Wolverines. 

With that thought he climbed up into the cockpit to get familiar with his new ride.

OOC: Steve, if you want me to make any changes to it, just say the word and I'm happy to do so.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 12:16:48 AM »

The Moons had walked in shortly after Yamamori set his eyes upon his new toy. Allan noticed the Khan standing beside a rather curious mech he had never seen before and decided he would go have a look. He was already wondering how Yamamori had been since the incident and this peaked his curiosity.

He had remembered the roundhouse that caved in the marauders lower chest and the sudden flash that came with it. It was a strange feeling that event gave seeing a flash and an instant later the extreme violence of the explosion. He did not even remember his mechs cockpit hitting the ground which happened to be one of the few things from his mech that stayed intact. His son had picked up the right arm that happened to still be intact surprisingly and brought it back. He was curious on if they would be able to reattach that arm as it was a reliable weapon even after all these years.

He could not deny that their close call with death was not on his mind. Getting an injury like Yamamori had was not a easy thing to accept and especially when they both were in the same blast. The close call they both had when the marauder went critical was something to shed light on the life they took for granted. They were however still part of this clan as warriors for this grand ideal. They had to move on even through these times. 

Khan Mcevedy finished her conversation with Yamamori and turned to Moon.

"I see you have made your way in as well. It was inevitable the love of that griffin could not keep you away for long. I presume anyway you have come to  see about the replacement of your griffin. Luckily for you there was another griffin with the same specs around and as a bonus the right arm er ppc was still intact from yours. The techs were able to install it on your mech. Before I go I have one thing to add on a personal note however. This is why giving a roundhouse to a mech fusion reactor is not a wise idea old man." she smiled as she said the last line.

"My khan I thank you. I will do my best to remember that physical combat is not a way we want to fight anymore if possible. As for my mech you are right as always. It is my pride and joy from the days we fought so hard for. The days of a Star League and the peace it had once had. One day I hope that we can bring peace once again. I wanted you to know I am proud of how you have grown up. Your father would be as well. The close calls get you thinking about things that need to be said." Allen said then gave a salute.

She saluted back and before she headed for the bay door she said. "Thank you Allan for your words. It is good to know that I can still count on you all."

Allan walked over to the new mech and with a whistle loud enough said. "It is a fitting mech indeed good buddy. This is gonna make some people really mad. I am going to climb up and take a look with you if you do not mind. This mech has all the bells and whistles plus the shiny paint job. We have needed a mech with ECM and BAP for awhile now. This will be a good addition to the star." Allen paused for a moment then started again with a lowered voice. "Things got pretty hectic and fast in that last fight. We have been friends a long time now and we are all like family. With what happened it gave a old man time to think. The last thing on my mind was what would happen if I cave in the marauders chest cavity. I wanted it stopped before it did more damage and I caused more than if I had just let it go. I nearly cost you, Kumar, Hawker, and I our lives. I even almost cost me my son. I feel like I am the one responsible for those burns. Family is not something to be carelessly discarded. I just wanted to speak my mind and get that off my chest." Allen made his way back down the ladder and gave one last shout. "I will see what the wife is cooking up and let you guys know what is for dinner. It is our turn to have you over after all."
Die Clanner!!!!

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »

Yamamori listens to Allan's comments and apology and shakes his head.  "Don't worry old friend.  Things happen.  I didn't expect to live anywhere close to this long when I joined the SLDF as an infantryman all those many years ago.  Battles are unpredictable.  Any sane individual would have stayed in his cockpit!" he adds with a smile.  "Dinner sounds good, though.  We'll be there."

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »

Steve,
If we are on they way to a patrol area, are the aerofighters flying a perimeter around the mechs scouting for potential threats?   If so, they are using their sensory skills as well.  Do they pick up the force we are encountering?  If so, can they determine what is present?

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 05:34:10 AM »

Every day Callahan & Charikov get more hacked off by the crap Circe calls an atmosphere.  Sand and God knows what else has gotten into places that the aerofighters didn't know have places.  Sensors have spotted 3 groups of airborne bogies converging on your location.  Mark I eyeballs have spotted 3 dust plumes of ground units also on an intercept course.  The eta's do not seem to be lining up.  Further identification is impossible at this time.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 06:30:39 PM »

Every day Callahan & Charikov get more hacked off by the crap Circe calls an atmosphere.  Sand and God knows what else has gotten into places that the aerofighters didn't know have places.  Sensors have spotted 3 groups of airborne bogies converging on your location.  Mark I eyeballs have spotted 3 dust plumes of ground units also on an intercept course.  The eta's do not seem to be lining up.  Further identification is impossible at this time.

Callahan:  "Hey Charikov.  I'm about ready to chuck these damn sensor and add more armor for all the good they are in this environment."

Charikov chuckles:  "Yeah Callahan, I'm ready chuck 'em to.  Hell maybe we can drop them on some ground pounders."