CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: IC] 14 Oct, 2821: Bitter Tears  (Read 1478 times)

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
IC] 14 Oct, 2821: Bitter Tears
« on: August 28, 2014, 06:03:04 PM »

The Lone gunshot echoed ominously through the Snow Raven’s headquarters in Dehra Dun, Circe.  Deafening silence followed as Clan Snow Raven warriors and staff dreaded opening the door to the source of the sound: Khan Stephen McKenna’s office.  The door slowly unlatched and softly creaked as it swung open to reveal a shaken and bloody Khan McKenna.

“He is dead,” said McKenna, referring to the other occupant of the room, Colonel Michael Guillory.  Guillory had been in Dehra Dun discussing grievances with the way that his command, the Kerensky Dominion, was being treated by the clans.

Guillory and the Kerensky Dominion, who tried to keep the traditions, ideals and morals of the SLDF alive, were appalled by the practices of Nicholas’ clans.  The Kerensky Dominion expected to be partners in the liberation of Circe and to be included in command decisions.  The reality was much different.  The clans expected the Kerensky Dominion to be obedient vassals.  Too often, Kerensky Dominion troops were used as cannon fodder so that the clans would have fewer casualties in men and equipment.  Dominion warriors also witnessed what they considered to be war crimes, as clan warriors went out of their way to kill enemy pilots.  The Dominion came to believe that the clans were alien in their methods and not the true heirs of Alexander Kerensky but rather a foul corruption of the Great Father’s vision.  The discussions between McKenna and Guillory on these issues rapidly heated as it became clear that could be no compromise between the two leaders.  Something had to give.

Khan McKenna turned to his staff.  â€œContact the Ilkhan and Khan McEvedy and advise them of the situation,” he ordered.  â€œTell them that we need to initiate the ‘Queen Protocol’.”

When the rest of the Dominion heard of Guillory’s death, they were incensed.  They saw his death as murder and the final example of the corruption that had eaten into the heart of the SLDF and Nicholas.  The Dominion immediately attacked the Snow Ravens wherever they were and converged upon the Raven’s command post in Dehra Dun.

The Wolverines were on alert thanks to Khan McKenna’s warning.  The 1st Strikers happened to be in Dehra Dun at the time.  On a short leave, they were visiting Tom Cole and the Snow Raven Star that they had rescued earlier in the year.  The Strikers saddled up and moved to intercept a Dominion force closing on the Snow Raven’s HQ from the east.  As the Strikers were coordinating with the Ravens for the defense of the city, Mechwarrior Hawker picked up a signal on an old SLDF open frequency.  He immediately sent a message to Star Captain Gurdel, who ordered it relayed to all of the Strikers.  Their blood ran cold as the message repeated………..

“This is Colonel Gerald Freund, now Commanding Officer of the Kerensky Dominion and ranking officer of the Star League Defense Force here on Circe.  Members of the clans are hereby ordered to stand down and surrender their weapons and to be taken into custody for the murder of Colonel Michael Guillory and war crimes against the people of Circe, or suffer the consequences.”

Planet: Circe         Gravity: 0.8 G

Walking/Cruise mp—modified by gravity mp
3-4
4-5
5-6
6-7
7-9
8-10
9-11
10-12
11-14

Weather: Clear

Scenario: Defend the city/HQ

Map:  Dehra Dun [skidding rules ARE in effect]
West [][][]   East
        [][][]

Defender:  1st Wolverine Strikers Binary with aero pt.
[+ 1 star Snow Ravens -- Mechs: VL-5T, CPLT-A1, CHP-1N, RFL-3N2   Ftrs: CHP-W5b, CHP-W5b]
Wolverines may use “overrun combat” skill.
Defenders set up anywhere on center and western map sheets.

Objective:  Defend the Snow Raven HQ

Attacker:  Kerensky Dominion
Attackers set up at halfway point of eastern map sheets.

Objective:  Capture the Snow Raven HQ

Satellite recon has identified the following incoming forces….

Mechs: Wasp, Stinger LAM, Hussar, Phoenix Hawk
Battlemaster, Rifleman, Warhammer, Hunchback
Shadow Hawk, Griffin, Trebuchet, Exterminator
Phoenix Hawk, Starslayer, Stinger, Wolverine

Ftrs: Rapier, Rapier, Gotha, Gotha, Spad, Spad

Mini’s: OOC: May I please borrow the following minis for this battle?
Starslayer, Lancelot, Champion
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:10:20 PM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: IC] 14 Oct, 2821: Bitter Tears
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:04:51 PM »

I have the Starslayer, Lancelot, and Champion. No paint on the first two. Straight off the assembly line.  ;)

Thanks, Phil.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 10:07:48 PM by Black Omega »

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:21:58 AM »

Star Captain Gurdel sits down in his mobile command office with heavy heart. This is something that has been weighing on him since returning from the battle with the Kerensky Dominion. He understands the loyalty that was shown to a former commander by members of his "Strikers". Still we are part of the Clans and that is where our loyalties are to be. This decision is not an easy one. He decides that he needs to have a talk with the Khan. Gurdel has thought about this long and hard. It is time to have a meeting with McEvedy. Maybe she can give him an easier way out than what is running through his mind. The Clan way is the only way. It must be followed, if you are not Clan you are enemy.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 12:40:09 PM »

Both Moons waited outside the khans quarters for a moment before going in. The battle and way things have been finally had weighed to much for them. The burden had to be talked about with someone who could do something about it. "My khan thank you for seeing us. I know reports of the battle have already been reported to you. As well as actions that require some discussion." The khan showed some disgust in the last part but offered a seat. "The actions you have taken are not to be mistaken and bordered treason however you were fired upon and returned fire. So in a sense that matters. However not advising the star colonel of the actions going forth and the reasoning as to why is a serious issue. This will not happen again understood. Now with that said what the hell happened out there Allen? Why not go straight to the star colonel?" Allen spoke with a heavy heart. "The star colonel is a good man and good fighter. He is also one to follow orders almost to the full potential possible. With it being a former commander on the other side we thought we could reason with him. We were advised to turn our guns on the snow ravens but instead declared neutrality to show them we would not take a traitors path. I declared in open battle this should be a snow raven matter and what was being done on both sides were is wasteful and against everything we believed in when we left the turmoil behind. We wanted to save lives and gain are former comrades turned enemies back to friends. We needed all the help we could get back then and they were echo company. With that being said I would also refuse to turn my guns on my comrades here. It is not about being clan or being echo. We are family brothers in arms. That is when we were targeted we realized we were among few who believed that now. We also believe this war has to be fought then maybe we can have peace once and for all. We just wanted to save lives and promote the ideals we fought so hard for to come this far. Now at least a few mechwarriors who should be helping us are dead and it may not have been able to be prevented like we hoped. Our loyalties are not misplaced they are with what the star league used to be and the ideals we fought to protect. The clans want to unite the people and have shown mercy in the past. Remember the sand confederation? We offered food water their lives to say the least. Could we not have offered them something instead of a fight as brothers in arms? Hatred in ones eyes can be calmed when the facts come to light and those to be punished for atrocities are dealt with. It may not calm them all but it would be the right thing. Now about my son I asked him as a father to follow me in trying to convince them to halt. Times are different but our ideals for peace should not be. We are just as guilty as the snow ravens for using the dominion as fodder. Yet we want to unite them all for peace since they refused to do it themselves. My life has been spent in a battlemech my khan. I know what it is to be at war and sometimes we must do what we do not like or care for. It is for peace that you and the ilkhan have our full support. We have to fight to have peace then so be it. Were we so wrong to want to save lives?"
Die Clanner!!!!