CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Bitter Tears: Recap please  (Read 2731 times)

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Bitter Tears: Recap please
« on: September 06, 2014, 08:16:08 PM »

Greetings,

Can some recap what happened with the game today?  One of these days I won't miss the odd game Rob's available for.

Is Yamamori still alive?

With a sweep of his...

Hat

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bitter Tears: Recap please
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 10:07:22 PM »

Yes Yamamori is still alive. If Travis would not have declared neutrality and declared friend to the Opfor, I would ordered every Wolverine to turn to killing you and any other turncoats. Because he declared neutral and would not fire, Brian said he wasn't friend so that made him foe and fired on the 3 mechs. With that Yamamori returned fire and we didn't have to try and get rid of some one that doesn't put his clan first.
The mission was a success, we put down the Kerenshy Dominion. They had about six mechs left, 3 may have been in pretty good shape. Another turn would have very possibly destroyed what was left.
Your treasonous ways made for quite a surprise.

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 12:32:11 AM »

My fighter, Connor Callahan, was finally shot down in a game.  Unfortunately it was the second round :(

Ivan Kumar's Marauder took heavy hits early because those he thought had his back declared neutrality and backed off.  He is uncertain of the dependability of some other mech pilots in his Star.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 12:59:22 AM »

Moon and son with hawker declared neutral with hopes for diplomacy and declared it to be a snow raven matter. However after the declaration the Moons were targeted and returned fire. James challenged the pilot who would break the neutrality and force their hands before a peaceful resolve could be met to a duel and won. The Moons would later declare this a waste of lives and equipment. Although the principal of what we tried to fight for was what the dominion wanted. Not allowing the room for resolve on either end turned what hope was left into the reality they feared. Their can never be peace at least until this is all over. It is now for the good of everyone to put the plan into place that the son of Kerensky has in mind. Maybe once this is done we can go back to the way things should be. 
Die Clanner!!!!

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 09:39:49 AM »

Yes Yamamori is still alive. If Travis would not have declared neutrality and declared friend to the Opfor, I would ordered every Wolverine to turn to killing you and any other turncoats. Because he declared neutral and would not fire, Brian said he wasn't friend so that made him foe and fired on the 3 mechs. With that Yamamori returned fire and we didn't have to try and get rid of some one that doesn't put his clan first.
The mission was a success, we put down the Kerenshy Dominion. They had about six mechs left, 3 may have been in pretty good shape. Another turn would have very possibly destroyed what was left.
Your treasonous ways made for quite a surprise.

If Yamamori died he died.  If he's executed afterwards then so be it.  It's a character.   He's still a believer in what he spent the first campaign fighting for.  There wouldn't have been any hard feelings if you'd killed him.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »

Hey Brandon.  I saw your post in the Bitter Tears IC thread.  You should let Steve handle the Khan's reactions and comments given the significance of the events.  I'm happy to have Yamamori post an IC post but as a player I don't have enough info to do so.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 05:56:22 PM »

Thanks, Paul.

Guys, please hold on for a few of days as I finish writing an aftermath.  It should answer some questions.  I will try to have it up by Friday.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 11:40:21 PM »

you read my mind I actually sent a request to see his response as khan because I didn't want to fluff my own ending to his campaign not to mention an outside opinion is necessary so im glad were on same page If you like I can omit the portion I started with and reword either is fine in my opinion Also if need more details can try to fill in with travis help if needed
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:48:56 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 11:35:18 AM »

Thanks, Paul.

Guys, please hold on for a few of days as I finish writing an aftermath.  It should answer some questions.  I will try to have it up by Friday.

Okay, so it was 0020 Sat morning.  Aftermath is up.  Any in-character responses?  Out of character please post here.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 02:57:44 PM »

Can someone please help recap in at least a bit of detail how Yamamori behaved during the combat?  I'd like to make sure my IC post is accurate.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 06:11:23 PM »

Yamamori declared neutrality. He would not fire on any of the Kerensky Dominion. As Freund fired on him due to his not declaring that he would change sides, Freund said that if you are not friend you are foe. He fired on Yamamori. At that point, I backed off of declaring that all Wolverines go after all that would not fight for the Wolverines. From that point it was us against them.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 10:55:46 PM »

Hi Phil, Thanks.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 09:52:24 AM »

Hi Steve,

It doesn't feel like we've got resolution or agreement within the team on next steps based on the aftermath thread.  Are you waiting for more IC posts, sorting out what to do next or both?

If Yamamori's perspective is a problem for the campaign, then we can figure out what the right out of game exit is for him.  Kharlan's drinking the kool-aid no matter what.  :)

Let us know if there's more you need from us.

With a sweep of his...

Hat