CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Bitter Tears--Aftermath  (Read 2381 times)

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Bitter Tears--Aftermath
« on: September 13, 2014, 12:14:15 AM »

Ilkhan’s office
SLDF BB McKenna’s Pride
Geosynchronous orbit above Eden.
16 October, 2821

The yelling and screaming going on in the Ilkhan’s quarters was strangely similar to Khan McKenna’s office two days before.  This time there were no gunshots.  Inside, Ilkhan Nicholas Kerensky tried to contain the battle brewing between Khans McKenna and McEvedy, while outside awaiting their disciplinary hearing, stood the 1st Wolverine Strikers, Carl Biron of the Snow Ravens and Colonel Gerald Freund, late of the Kerensky Dominion.

The argument continues hotly…….

Khan McKenna: “When I asked for additional ground forces, I didn’t expect a reject from the regeneration tanks.  That $%^hole shot me down!”

Khan McEvedy: “You asked for more forces?  How do you justify this?  Your request is an admission that you policies have failed and you ask to be bailed out!?!?!”  And you Nicholas, how dare you grant this?  You violate your own policy.”

Ilkhan Kerensky roars, “Enough, both of you.  All will be revealed, it time.  Report to your troops.  Both of you still have a lot of work to do before this campaign is over.”

Both khans exit, still with fire in their eyes and pass by the assembled waiting mechwarriors.  Nicholas growls, “All right surats, get your butts in here.  We have a lot to talk about.”

Nicholas gets very quiet and the assembled warriors grow concerned.  Coming out of it, Nicholas continues, “Gentlemen, there are many things that you need to know that I can’t tell to my khans.  Only Jennifer Winson, her brother, my brother and Jacen Cameron know what I am about to tell you.”

OC] The following [in blue] is written by Mike Cessna, aka Hammer6R on CGL Battletech forums (used with permission).  Written in black interposed between sections by Black Omega.

IC] The Meeting at the Tea House

Jordan Akiyama (b. 2726, Tochima Township, Numizu Prefecture, New Samarkand) was a promising ISF agent, and a skilled DEST commando. In 2752, however, an accident at a training facility rendered him blind. In the course of his treatment he was discovered to suffer from the rare genetic condition known as "Tulane Syndrome"; as a result, optical bionic augments could not be fitted, and he would be functionally blind for the rest of his life.

After a period of considering seppuku, however, Akiyama discovered that one of the side effects of Tulane's had taken hold -- his hearing developed to an extraordinary level of subtlety and sensitivity. As a result, he worked as a signals processor for the ISF on Luthien for the next 20 years (the ISF believed that while computers can detect subtle signals, only humans can truly understand intent and draw conclusions), before retiring to his home on New Samarkand, in 2779.

Once back on New Samarkand, he and his widowed sister, Naomi Momotami (née Akiyama; as a owner of an "izakaya" house that catered almost exclusively to SLDF personnel, she dealt regularly with both the local ISF office), opened a modest tea house on a secluded beach, overlooking Miyajima Bay; Naomi was the mistress of the house, and Jordan tended the Zen and Bonsai gardens.

During this time, of course, the war against Amaris the Usurper was drawing to a close. The Akiyama's kept abreast of events as they could, given the distances involved, but both were as surprised as the rest of the ISF office on New Samarkand when the vast Exodus armada began arriving in-system that October.

On November 1, 2784, one of General Kerensky's aide's retained the beach-side tea house for a private meeting to take place on the afternoon of the 2nd. Both Jordan and Naomi carefully handled the affair: she received the guests, and Jordan - playing the role of the "blind and deaf gardener" - stayed out of what would have been earshot for normal human hearing; because of his heightened sense and near photographic memory, there was no need for electronic listening devices. As well, Naomi wore an array of mechanically-driven "button cameras" disguised on her kimono as bead-work, and several more similarly-disguised mechanical cameras were scattered around the tea house area, all able to be remotely activated via concealed pressure sensors connected to wire pulleys...There were no electronic devices for the SLDF counterintelligence suites to detect.

At the appointed time, a platoon of Star League Marines discretely deployed and sealed off the perimeter around the tea house, and three limousines arrived, at five minute intervals: the first carried General Aleksandr Kerensky and his deputy, General Aaron DeChevilier; the second carried the Minister of Communications of the Star League, Jerome Blake, and his deputy, Conrad Toyama. The final limousine carried what at first appeared to be a Star League bureaucrat and his aide...until Naomi saw his face.

Beneath a professionally-done disguise was Stefan Amaris.

Usurper of the Star League.

Butcher.

Supposedly executed by General Kerensky in 2779.

Very much alive.

*~*~*~*~*

The black and white pictures in the file folders, taken by the cameras scattered about the premises, confirm what should have been an impossible circumstance. The six men (the identity of Amaris' aide is unknown) present a picture of jovial camaraderie -- at least on the part of Amaris, Blake, Toyama and Amaris' unidentified aide; Kerensky and DeChevilier appear considerably less enthusiastic.

Jordan's detailed notes on his overheard conversations, coupled with the already shocking pictorial evidence, make for explosive reading: the six - primarily Kerensky, Amaris and Blake - discussed the progress of "the Society's Plan", and how the SLDF would wait in the Deep Periphery "for a generation or two" before "riding to the rescue" to "save humanity from itself".

The main player of the three, from Jordan's assessment, was Minister of Communications Blake -- he clearly acted as the "senior partner" of the three, and both Kerensky and Amaris (Jordan instantly recognized Amaris' voice) clearly deferred to him.

Blake was pointed and clear: "...this whole thing..." (the Amaris Civil War) was done simply to reduce Humanity to a "suitably tractable state".  Blake stated clearly that, "...the League had to be destroyed, because it was too close to actually creating a kind of 'paradise' for Humanity", and that the "Society" could not allow that to happen without its’ (the Society's) 'guidance'. Blake went on to outline his plan to create a kind of "technocratic religion" what would look ridiculous to outsiders, but that would be looked upon as "high magicians" once Humanity had been "...suitably beaten insensible by itself..."

Amaris was apparently supposed to play a similar role, disappearing into the Deep Periphery, intending to return in an invasion designed to draw the SLDF back to the Inner Sphere to "save" it.

Jordan's general impression was that Kerensky and DeChevilier were unwilling participants in this plan, but he got no impression of why they were going along with what appeared to be a long-range scheme that, as Jordan summarized, sought to "blow Humanity back down to a more-tractable barbarism."

After two hours, the meeting broke up, the three parties going their separate ways.

Nicholas continues, “I am creating a time capsule of sorts for all of my successors.  The future Ilkhans will view this information and see what their true mission is.  In ultimately fulfilling this mission they will be true to the memory and wishes of my father.”

Within the box lies a massive file, in three parts.

The cover-sheet, written in the Hand of Nicholas, dates from two years prior to his death. It admonishes the incoming ilKhan to understand that they must only read this file once, and no more - and also explains that any attempt to do so with result in The Watch shooting them out of hand. It continues with an instruction that the ilKhan now has the terrible responsibility of continually preparing the Clans for their ultimate task -- but that the ilKhan must continue through the second section, before receiving their final instructions in the third section.

The second section is a file of notes -- printed from the personal diary file notes of Aleksandr Kerensky, beginning two months following the Exodus Fleet's departure from New Samarkand. Notes are scattered throughout the text, penciled in by Nicholas himself, clarifying, expanding and explaining otherwise obscure sections.

In this section, Aleksandr Kerensky (AK) explains why he chose the Exodus as an option -- and how devastated he was by what he viewed as "...the greatest failure..." of his life.

*~*~*~*~*

AK was co-opted into a conspiracy by a group neither he, nor any of his trusted SLDF Intelligence staff, knew anything of prior to 2771. The "Cabal" (AK's word) was something called the "Broken Wheel Society". It claimed a pedigree extending back to pre-spaceflight Terra. The Cabal claimed that its goal was to "improve Humanity", to "lift Humanity from the welter of 10,000 years of mindless slaughter"...But to do that, according to the Cabal, Humanity had to be reduced back to a level of barbarism, whence they could be "...elevated to unimaginable heights of glory..." by "...a mighty, shining force of giants, striding across the stars, lifting up the masses by the Light of Their Message..."

(Students of late-20th-early-21st Century Terran political history would detect in this a direct, lineal descent from the 'Juche' "political religion" of Democratic People's Republic of [North] Korea.)

The Star League, this Cabal claimed, had been created to rein in Humanity (via the Reunification Wars), to give modern Humanity a vision of 'Paradise'...but that now was the time to take it away, the better to reduce Humanity to beggary, praying for a "...New Dawn..."

AK was absolutely appalled by this...but, according to him (AK), his 'failure' lay in the threat the Cabal posed to his family -- the Cabal knew precisely where his family was, and guaranteed their safety, for only as long as AK followed their orders...

Those orders were to retake the Terran Hegemony at all cost...further instruction would come after Terra was liberated...

*~*~*~*~*

Those instructions came in December of 2783, when representatives of the Cabal (who had kept in periodic touch with AK, most notably in 2780; see below) informed him that he would soon face two choices: watch as his beloved SLDF disintegrated, its soldiers, sailors, pilots and Marines lured away by competing House lords, or remove them en masse from the Inner Sphere.

The Cabal stated that their plan was to have the SLDF "encamp" beyond the Deep Periphery, and wait "for a generation or two", to allow the Cabal's plan to run its course. The SLDF, they said, would then return, as the "Vanguard" of a 'New Humanity", to lead the remnants of the old to their envisioned "heights of glory"...

...But AK now had a plan.

Although he still felt trapped by the Cabal's machinations - their extent and intent proven by their careful manipulations of the Council Lords - AK now moved quickly and decisively. As a first step, he confided his plans to only two people: his deputy, General Aaron DeChevilier, and his Chief of Intelligence, Brigadier General Jacen Cameron (a very distant relation to the now-extinct Royal Line of the Star League).

Together, the three organized the Exodus.

*~*~*~*~*

AK played the Cabal's game, right up until the Exodus Fleet cleared its third Jump out from New Samarkand.

DeChevilier, who had been extremely reticient towards AK's plan, had his priorites cleared for him by the tea house meeting -- DeChevilier had fully believed that Amaris was dead, executed on AK's orders, as everyone believed...In fact, Amaris had been spirited off of Terra by the Cabal two weeks prior to the SLDF's invasion of Humanity's Homeworld in 2777. AK had executed a double, along with a clutch of Amaris administrators who were fully guilty of all manner of atrocities.

More shocking to DeChevilier, however, was that the mousy little Minister of Communications, Jerome Blake, was apparently a major player in the Cabal. Their plan was for Blake to remain behind, and "prepare the ground" for the SLDF's "Ride To The Rescue" -- Blake's stated intent was to create "...a kind of 'technocratic religion' that would seem ridiculous on the surface, but which would be looked on with amazement by a cowed Humanity, suitably beaten insensible by decades of slaughter..."

Amaris' role would be to disappear into the Deep Periphery, on a course at a right angle to the SLDF, and set up a "hidden state" -- one that would used as the catalyst, via invasion, that would prompt the return of the SLDF...

*~*~*~*~*

...Once the Exodus fleet was safely clear of the Near Periphery however, AK and DeChevilier unleashed Jacen Cameron's counterintelligence unit -- these "spy hunters" ruthlessly cleaved through the ranks of SLDF troops and civilians, locating agents of the Cabal, and making sure that they met with untimely accidents with faulty air locks...

Unfortunately, Fate now reared Her head: roughly fourteen months into the journey, an actual computer malfunction aboard the 'McKenna's Pride' transmitted a copy of AK's personal diary to several ships of the Exodus Fleet. While no other ship crews actually opened the file, a cryptographic communications software technician aboard the SLS Prinz Eugen did...and was so distraught at what AK's notes contained, promptly got drunk, and made hysterical accusations in the Junior Officer's mess...

...The comm-tech was brought up on charges of sedition and mutiny by Admiral Votok; due to the sensitive nature of the comm-tech's job, the court martial was conducted behind closed doors, presided over by Admiral Votok, as President of the Court.

The comm-tech, now thoroughly sober and coherent, defiantly repeated her allegations of AK's "treason to the League". In a fateful decision, Admiral Votok asked for three volunteers from the eight other officers of the Court to review the alleged logs with him - those who answered were General Wilbur Braso, Captain Peter Karpov, and Captain Nigel Karrige (a personal friend of AK's younger son, Andery).

Not knowing the context of the notes, the four officers were understandably horrified at what appeared to be an utter and complete betrayal by AK. As many in the Exodus Fleet were growing disheartened by their seemingly endless wanderings, finding other ships to mutiny with them was a simple task. Admiral Votok and the other officers, however, decided against reveling the details of AK's perceived treachery, until they were well clear of the rest of the Fleet.

(In fact, Nicholas notes here that this is the reason for constructing the file in its current form -- to avoid the very confusion that caused the Prinz Eugen Mutiny.)

When the Prinz Eugen mutineers withdrew from the Fleet, AK, DeChevilier and Cameron instantly knew what had happened. AK set out immediately with a task group centered on the McKenna's Pride to hunt the mutineers down.

Following the recapture of the Prinz Eugen by Major Elizabeth Hazen's company of Star League Marines, AK, DeChevilier and Cameron immediately determined to deal with the surviving mutineers harshly -- as they did not know how far the details had been spread by the leaders, they took extreme measures, executing every officer of the ship of the rank of Captain and above...

General Alexander’s diary continues:

“My soul cries for all of my children but some must be sacrificed if all are to be saved.  I truly wish that there had been some other way of dealing with the Prinz Eugen but the risk is too great.  Any Society members that find out how much we know are an incredible threat to the entire SLDF.  It has proven more difficult than I thought to purge the fleet of cabal members.  I am sure that we have not eliminated all of them.  We will have to be always on guard to ‘watch’ for them to surface.  Cameron will create the ‘Watch’ and this will be their primary mission.”

Again Nicholas turns to the group… “Star Captain Gurdel, this is why you and your unit were ordered to kill those warriors of the Empire of Hidalgo.  The Watch informed me of their true allegiance.  Colonel Freund, I am sure that this is one of the “war crimes” to which you referred.”

Colonel Freund nodded and bowed his head, tears running down his face.

*~*~*~*~

The third part of the file is Nicholas' recap and final instructions to the new ilKhan.

The information contained within the file, Nicholas admonishes, must never be made public, as despite the best efforts of Jacen Cameron, there was never any certainty that the Broken Wheel Cabal was ever completely stamped out. However, The Watch has a detailed list of "tells" to look for among the Clans, to watch out for strains of Cabal thought. Such suspicions result in investigations into the Clan involved...

The main thrust of Nicholas' admonishment to the new ilKhan is that they must prepare the Clans for their eventual return to the Inner Sphere, but must be ready to hunt down the Cabal with as much ruthlessness - if not more - as AK showed to the Prinz Eugen mutineers. He describes the Cabal as "a cancer on the soul of the Human race", that must be "radically excised" at all costs, by any means necessary......

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:15:52 PM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bitter Tears--Aftermath
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 12:14:53 AM »

Nicholas looks them all in the eyes then continues.  â€œColonel Freund, your part in all of this is over.  For all that you have done for the SLDF and my father, you deserved to know the truth.  However, I must now ask you to take this secret to your grave.”

Colonel Gerald Freund slowly rises to attention and salutes Nicholas with all the precision that he can muster.  â€œI understand, General Kerensky.  Thank you for the truth.  Never forget that you are your father’s son.”  He then turns to the Strikers.  Hawker, Yamamori and Moon rise and match his salute.  â€œGentlemen, I regret meeting this way after so many years.  You are the best that I have ever served with.  May we meet again in the place where no shadows fall.”  Freund turns and even at 96, only slightly hobbles to the door.  With one last turn, “goodbye, my friends,” he is gone.

Nicholas turns to the Strikers and lone Raven in the room.  â€œMechwarrior Biron,” begins the Ilkhan.  â€œKhan McKenna will eventually understand that everyone can make a mistake and that he is the one who made it.  For now, Carl, you are a mechwarrior without a clan.  I am prepared to offer you a position with the Strikers here.  You will help fill out their trinary.  If not, there are a few vermin below us on Eden that need exterminating.  You may now go think about your decision.”  Biron leaves.

“Star Captain Gurdel,” Nicholas begins again, “when you were in school, I believe they taught about a philosopher by the name of Jorge Santayana.  He said, among other things, “whomever does not remember the past is condemned to repeat it.”  I have assigned the different units in the clans for very important reasons.  For the Strikers, these old-timers are here to temper your judgment and to remember why it is necessary to fight and for what you are fighting.  Colonel Freund earned their loyalty, marching across the Canadian wilderness and escaping Earth at the beginning of the Coup.  No others made it off of Earth.  Not even Khan Hazen, who performed miracles in her own right on Earth and is incidentally older than they are.”

“Now you all know what has gone on before but not yet all of the present.  As was mentioned earlier in my father’s diary, the “BWS” were not wholly wiped out in the SLDF during the Exodus.  Even the Clans are not immune to their presence.  I even hinted at it in the beginning of the Clan Remembrance.  There are Society members in the clans, of this I am sure.  As many as I am aware of have been assigned to Clan Wolverine except for you."

"Now here is where the %^&* hits the fan.  I am requesting volunteers to infiltrate the Society.  This will be the most dangerous assignment of your life and could lead to your souls being damned and your names cursed for eternity.  I need someone on the inside to beat them.  It may take generations.  But there is no one else that I can trust with this.  What say you?”
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 04:58:13 PM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 02:33:42 PM »

Gurdel rises and asks if he can address the Ilkhan. As he gets the curt nod, he clears his throat. Ilkhan, I know what these men have done before I was even born. The exploits of these and others are legendary. One of the reasons that I have been so honored to serve with them. On the other hand, I am offended that they did not approach me when it was known that we were facing an old comrade. I know that time was short as we were being attacked and there was not the time to come up with a suitable solution. I and they are Wolverines and members of the "Clans". I expect that if we are being attacked, regardless of who it is; that we all will remember that if someone attacks us they are attacking all of us. If they can't accept this, then I would ask that they designated "dezgra" and sent to the outback of Circe to live out their lives. If they can accept this, then I have no problem with continuing to fight along their side.
As far as your request for volunteers, let me be the first to offer my services and hopefully speak for the rest of the 1st Strikers.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 12:11:02 AM »

Throughout the Ilkhan's narration, Yamamori remains stoic.  A tightening of his jaw and narrowing of his eyes the only outward sign of his anger when he is told that the Usurper still lived and the fate that the Cabal plans for the whole of the Inner Sphere.  More reserved than most of his comrades, it was not a surprise that another spoke first.  He listened to the words of his C.O. as he pondered the mission that the Ilkhan set before them. 

After a moment's pause he shares his own thoughts.  " 'I am the defender of the Star League; my strength is in loyalty.'  It is the motto I have lived and faithfully served every day for the last almost 60 years," his voice is sure but quiet.

"The grave calls often enough, but rarely with so familiar and respected a voice.  Another day I would have sacrificed my life without a moment's hesitation at the general's orders.  He was and *is* an embodiment of all the things those of us who fought the war against the Usurper stood for: the protection of the innocent; bringing the guilty to justice, the ideals embodied in the preamble of the Star League Accord:"

He quotes from memory with a deep and ingrained reverence.

'...Instead, we greet a new Beginning, an Opportunity unprecedented in the Human Sphere, an Opportunity for every Realm to realize its full Potential, for every Government to work together in Harmony and Understanding, for every man, woman, and child to be safe, secure and prosperous.
     We pledge unto each others our Lives, our good Faith, and our Sacred Honor.'

and with the signatures of those six men and women the greatest realm known to man was born."

Yamamori turns to Star Captain Gurdel.  "I faced two former comrades including Sergeant Biron who literally returned from the dead.  I apologize for my indecisiveness.  I think it safe to say that such circumstances will not repeat themselves," and after holding Gurdel's gaze for a moment he nods and turns his attention to Nicholas.

"I believe I speak for the other members of Echo Company when I say we fully support the destruction of the Cabal and the horrors they seek to visit upon mankind.  However, I also believe it safe to say that we will not compromise our ideals and our role as defenders of the innocent.  I will not participate in war crimes in an effort to get close enough to the heart of the Cabal to stop it.  I will not become the monster I have spent my life trying to stop."  His tone leaves no doubt to the sincerity or conviction behind those words.

"If It is possible to stay true to self and infiltrate the CSW, then I happily volunteer.  If it is not, then I request the opportunity to serve elsewhere - perhaps in the Watch.  I am not known as the Ghost without good reason."

There is a slight pause before he continues, though his voice remains as steady as before.  "If I am too much of a risk alive, then I offer my life in service.  My daughter Heather Banacek already serves with distinction in Clan Star Adder.  Regardless of what happens to me, my family will continue serving faithfully."

He yields the floor to the other less taciturn members of his unit.

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 06:36:05 PM »

Jones and Jack Charikov both look at each other after Ilkahn Kerensky is done speaking and nod.   Jones respectfully waits for Star Captain Gurdel and Star Commander Yamamori to finish speaking then says, “Ilkahn Kerensky, my brother Jack and I give our full loyalty to the clans and will do whatever necessary to fulfill the plan.” (written by Logan ;))

Ivan Kumar and Connor Callahan who grew up together have always had great respect for Ilkahn Kerensky.  They also look at each other and nod in agreement.  After Jones is done speaking Ivan addresses the Ilkahn, “Ilkhan Kerensky, my brother Connor Callahan and myself in days before the academy talked of how strongly we felt about what your father had planned for those that joined him.  We decided to join the academy so we could become warriors to help protect and further his plans.  And we commit ourselves to you and the Clans.  We will be honored to continue to serve in Clan Wolverine and under Star Captain Gurdel.  We volunteer for your assignment.”
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:24:15 AM by Ad Hoc »

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 02:10:06 AM »

As the glances around the room turned from one to another Allen thought to himself regarding his past. The battles and dead coming back to greet him in an unfriendly way. He spoke finally "The usurper is alive and justice only figuratively done. Now to find out this was also masterminded by an organization this all just churns my stomach and my blood boils. We thought we had ended this nonsense long ago with the blood on our hands and the trials we faced. The Cabal are a evil worse then even Amaris. I do regret the situation with all of the circumstances surrounding it. I do not regret standing up for the morals and teachings we were in agreement to follow. We left that mess back there years ago to save what we could. Cabal must not be allowed to cause another catastrophe like what we went through. The broken families and atrocities that fell upon even my own family. My father gunned down in a mech trying to save who he could, my mother and siblings murdered as well. We fought so others didn't have to and we fought to stop this from happening again. However it was inevitable with the house lords being greedy and not putting what was best for all over themselves. The general has always had my support and I like Yamamori have been on the same page. In the end it wasn't just hope and faith in him that held us together. For those of us who had no family the brothers and sisters on our left and right were all we had left. We are family and comrades in arms. I am behind the clans as we are family but It seems that even the greatest soldiers are mere pawns in the end. I will fight the Cabal as this has become a personal matter now. I will not violate my principles and morals that which we fought and lost for however I have killed before for I am a soldier as we all are. The needs of the many over the needs of the few. I offer my services for these reasons.

He turns to the Star Captain "Star captain Gurdel in a way you are like I was when I signed up. I wanted to do what was necessary to help and bring good to my name. I wanted during the fighting to be the best soldier I could be. Time changes the outlook we all have but you are a necessary mind if this is all to work. You have my respect and have done nothing that I can condemn. You are a soldier and a fine one at that. I do apologize for not bringing the info to you right away. As you stated war is war and soldiers have orders. Sometimes the morals we wish to uphold get in the way of even a well trained soldier and stops us in our tracks and causes us to hesitate. If and when there is a choice to blindly follow or act toward the right thing I would hope that you follow the right path of things over the blind. We are the remnants of the SLDF and are the champions of justice even if we are the clans now. I only wished to find a alternative to save lives and didn't have a lot of time to plan. If anyone could have convinced Freund to stand down it would have been us but in the end of the discussion we failed in that aspect. It was only by force that they finally surrendered and you acted as any true SLDF commander would have. You offered them a choice at the end even after threat of destruction. The humanity shown through and for that I can say you have restored some hope for me. Thank you my brother for making an old man feel as if things can be right again."

Allen turns to the Ilkhan "My ilkhan like Yamamori I wish to be of use in the best ways that do not conflict what we fought for. I have faith in the things we hope to accomplish."
Die Clanner!!!!