CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: IC] 17 October, 2821: Highway to Hell  (Read 1909 times)

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
IC] 17 October, 2821: Highway to Hell
« on: September 28, 2014, 07:29:51 PM »

Mechwarrior Biron did not take long to make his decision to join the 1st Wolverine Strikers.  Khan McEvedy reconfigured her forces to allow the Strikers to expand to a full Trinary.  They immediately jumped back to Circe where the Rasmussen Elite continued to give the Wolverines fits.  Clan logistics was having trouble keeping up with mounting losses on Circe.  As a result, Pilot Callahan’s replacement Hammerhead fighter was held up due to a machining issue on Stranna Mechty.  Khan McEvedy found a spare CSR-12b Royal Corsair that Callahan could fly in the meantime.

The latest information on the Elite said that they were raiding through hidden mountain passes in the northern mountains.  Most battles with the Elite to date were one-sided although the Elite were capable opponents, their equipment often let them down.  The clans quickly learned not to accept one-on-one duels.

Unfortunately the 2 jumps in the last week aggravated the TDS of several members of the Strikers.  The Strikers were deployed on very short notice to the pass at Chamberlain’s Crossing in Northeastern Circe.  It is there that the final encounter with the Elite would play out……..

Planet: Circe         Gravity: 0.8 G

Walking/Cruise mp—modified by gravity mp
3-4
4-5
5-6
6-7
7-9
8-10
9-11
10-12
11-14

Weather: Clear

Scenario: Defend the pass / break through

Map:  Chamberlain’s Crossing north of Point Alpha
West [   ][    ] East
        [   ][    ]

Defender:  1st Wolverine Strikers Light Trinary

May use “overrun combat” skill

Aero set up at altitude 4 on eastern edge of aero map, velocity 4

Striker members with TDS are ill and suffer a penalty of +1 to ALL gunnery and piloting roll targets for this battle [Daisuke Matsunaka, Alan Moon, and Carl Biron by my records].

All armor is repaired and ammo refreshed.  As mentioned above Pilot Callahan will fly a CSR-12b for this battle.  Edge is NOT refreshed.  Edge may be bought back at rate of 30 xp per point up to max attribute value.

Objective:  Defend the pass / destroy the Elite as a functioning force [set up on eastern edge of map].

Attacker:  Rasmussen Elite

Objective:  Destroy the enemy and continue on through the pass [set up on western edge of map].

Individuals or small groups may challenge defenders per rules of Zellbrigen.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: IC] 17 October, 2821: Highway to Hell
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 09:55:29 PM »

How much xp is needed to cancel out tds? 100?
Die Clanner!!!!

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »

As I won't be at the Oct. game, I have Hat's mechs. Maybe work out a meet to get the mechs there.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 08:46:32 AM »

I will be unable to make the Oct game.  I will pass my record sheet and minis to Travis

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 07:12:10 PM »

How much xp is needed to cancel out tds? 100?

Yep, 100.  Do you want to buy it off?
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 08:01:48 PM »

If there is a possibility, Jack Charikov and Connor Callahan will do a fly over, prior to the mechs engaging, using sensors to try to gain some useful intel of forces coming in.

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 04:57:39 PM »

If there is a possibility, Jack Charikov and Connor Callahan will do a fly over, prior to the mechs engaging, using sensors to try to gain some useful intel of forces coming in.

OOC] Sensor Ops checks.  Charikov [target 9, 2d6+3 (skill level) roll 8=3=11, MoS 2]  Callahan [target 9, 2d6+3 (skill level) roll 7+3=10, MoS 1]

Charikov and Callahan get a quick sensor read as the Rasmussen Elite forces close on the Wolverines position.  The Wolverines will be out-numbered 2-1 in total forces.  The enemy forces also have twice as many tanks as mechs.  There are no fighters on radar at present.

OOC] Guys, I'm sorry that I can't give any better info that this.  The total number of forces will be determined by the number of players that we have on hand.  We know that Paul, Phil and Dan can't make it.  I am not sure how many opfor players will be there.

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 08:56:43 PM »

Steve, I do not have the Corsair Royal in Heavy Metal Aero.  Could you print me one?

OOC] Already got it  (^_^)b
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:03:03 PM by Black Omega »

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 04:09:45 AM »

Yes I do want to buy off tds
Die Clanner!!!!