CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Complete Unit TO&E update  (Read 7729 times)

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Complete Unit TO&E update
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »

January 1, 3054, State of the Unit

Rangers,

I wanted to take a minute to report on the state of the unit.  We have successfully reconfigured into a pair of SLDF Reinforced Battalions.  We still have some gaps to close in order to reach full planned strength within the constraints of what our transports will bear.  The end of 3053 saw us in improved financial shape with cash on hand slightly exceeding 135MM C-Bills.  This is up from just under 97MM C-Bills at the same time in 3052.

From an equipment perspective after the market here in January we will be missing just one planned combat vehicle, though will still be looking for 7 support vehicles.  I was able to acquire a MASH truck at standard rates.  Vehicle details below.  For Aerospace fighters, we have replaced the Stuka and Shilone with an extra Stingray and Transit each.  Speed profiles match allowing for the one mixed lance deployment.  All three of the Stingrays have been upgraded to the newer F-92 models, taking advantage of the local engineering expertise and facilities.

Battle Armor is an area of need, though need is perhaps a strong term.  Fortunately I've been in touch with Colonel Carlyle of the GDL and they've agreed to continue to supply us with additional suits.  We'll be able to purchase a squad a month meaning it will take 15 months for us to reach our target compliment of 3 platoons, perhaps longer depending on transit times.

We still have room for one more platoon of infantry, but I want to be choiceful in that selection.  Major Bray has some ideas as does Major Kronwall who's requesting field guns.  We'll see what makes sense.

Our largest outage at this point is personnel.  We're still short one aerospace pilot.  Neither Captain Clark or myself have found a strong candidate.  Our largest outage is with vehicle crews.  We are expanding slowly as we're looking for soldiers who will fit in with the Rangers, but may need to look for raw recruits to help fill things out.  Fortunately as the bulk of our fighting strength is in our 'Mech Battalion, we have flexibility on timing for the vehicle crews.

This year saw the addition of an excellent hyperspace navigator and our naval assets and personnel remain a strength.

I feel the Rangers are well positioned to take on the Cavalry missions around which we've been designed as well as branch out to other promising contracts on a limited basis when a good fit.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about our readiness or status.

Sincerely,

Colonel Kato Yamamori Atayde, Commanding Officer, Numenorean Rangers

Appendix: Combat Vehicle Plan

Combat Vehicle Lances
1. Artillery (Long Tom, Marksman, Thumper, Partisan Air Defense Tank)
2. Indirect Fire Support (Chapparal, Rhino, LRM Carrier, SRM Carrier)
3. Harrasser (2 Saladin, 1 Pegasus, 1 Demolisher (Gauss))
4. Transport (Target: 4 Maxims)

For support vehicles we have been able to add a MASH truck.  This brings our support vehicles to the following:

MASH
Sherpa
Engineering Vehicle
Paramour
Wayland

In an ideal world we would add more repair vehicles like the Paramour and Wayland.  Right now, they're not being produced, but will continue to look for them.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2022, 05:35:44 PM »

Ok, the newest version of the TO&E (Jan 1, 3054) has been added to the first post in the thread.  There are a number of changes and additions.  The ones probably of greatest interest are the inclusion of 2 new tabs - "Unit Summary" and "Command Staff."  The Unit Summary Tab has a snapshot of the unit as it is today.  This includes finances, existing and planned personnel and equipment, Dragoon Rating, Command History and Organization.  The fields there pull data from the appropriate sheets, so as the others are updated that snapshop will be the most accurate.

The second tab of interest is the Command Staff tab.  Here is a list of all current and former lance commanders, when they joined and departed, how many and which awards each have earned as well as a contract history.  You can use the list of awards for your character to build your ribbon rack using the  document Rob posted in the other thread if you're interested.

The personnel tab includes some filtering for easy sorting to help make Rob's life easier for managing AtB stuff.  Finally the Roll of Honor should be up to date.  If there's something missing let me know.

As a reminder, I do my best to keep up with all of your changes.  It's a bit of a tedious pain in the ass to reconcile everything in the TO&E with the materials in Google sheets.  If there are discrepancies I need to try and track down where and why.  Please do your part and keep your lance up to date on Google Sheets AND update the DATE next to the appropriate section, so I have some idea when it's last reviewed.

If nobody looks at the TO&E, cool.  Just keep your Google Sheets up to date and everything will be fine.  Oh, and make sure all of your custom mechs are posted and accessible as well.  With all the factory time I expect a number of them need to be swapped out.

Hat

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2022, 01:57:43 AM »

Odouya spends 35 XP to go from GUN3 to GUN2, 3 XP remaining.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2022, 11:32:10 AM »

Transport Admin SGT Marc Roberson spends 35 XP to go to Elite.
Transport Admin SGT Susana Petrovic spends 35 XP to go to Elite.
HR Admin SGT Viviana Mondreiffe spends 35 XP to go to Elite.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2022, 03:57:14 PM »

Updated TO&E for May 1, 3054 attached to first post.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2022, 02:04:43 PM »

Hat is TOE correct as far as the unit fighters still or what do we actually have?
Die Clanner!!!!

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2022, 06:35:18 PM »

Hat is TOE correct as far as the unit fighters still or what do we actually have?

That was from May 1.  Current Aero complement is 2 Stingrays and 3 Transits.  Just got back from vacation, and will confirm that my TO&E file has all recent changes and will try and post within a day or so.  If there are other relevant details I can pull for you, let me know.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2022, 08:20:16 PM »

TO&E Updated to June 24, 3054 and includes all posted updates.

Rob: Some vehicle crew assignments changed to improve quality of crews. Look at Sherpa, Thumper and Demolisher for specifics, though as requested, the section is sorted by name.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]