CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Operation SOVNYA Mission 5 - 6-25-54  (Read 1181 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Operation SOVNYA Mission 5 - 6-25-54
« on: May 28, 2022, 12:31:42 AM »

« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 01:22:29 AM by Darrian Wolffe »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Operation SOVNYA Mission 5 - 6-25-54
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 06:53:51 AM »

Brandon: it’s your show. Light ‘em up.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 11:35:05 PM »

Im assuming this will be 3x3.5 or 4 with 3 being the length and 3.5 or 4 being the length? What can get pulled as is generally for the map packs on whats there already? How many people can be called in before we lose init bonus and time delays?

Also any qualms from anyway currently in mission on the map type they prefer?
Die Clanner!!!!

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 09:25:08 PM »

Well that's exciting, an Ebon Jaguar

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 11:27:26 PM »

I'll cover the ebon jag, rainjin and help on turrets.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 07:06:16 AM »

The Ebon Jaguar is manageable. I expect Phoenix or one of the other lances can take care of it as needed.  The two PHawk LAMs are going to be a challenge. There are definitely hard hitting units or difficult to hit units. We’ll just need to see how it goes.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 11:10:44 AM »

Im assuming this will be 3x3.5 or 4 with 3 being the length and 3.5 or 4 being the length? What can get pulled as is generally for the map packs on whats there already? How many people can be called in before we lose init bonus and time delays?

North
[][][]
[][][]
[][][]
+half map

Maps are 15x17, so this will be literally exactly a 45x59 hex wide layout.

I do not understand the 2nd question. I'll try to contact via Discord.

Your unit CO has enough Strategy Skill to allow you to field 5 lances with no delay. He has a Strategy Skill of +4, and one can field reinforcements equal to Strategy+2 without taxing. See HM,WT pg 45.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2022, 12:59:55 PM »

North
[][][]
[][][]
[][][]
+half map

Maps are 15x17, so this will be literally exactly a 45x59 hex wide layout.

I do not understand the 2nd question. I'll try to contact via Discord.

Your unit CO has enough Strategy Skill to allow you to field 5 lances with no delay. He has a Strategy Skill of +4, and one can field reinforcements equal to Strategy+2 without taxing. See HM,WT pg 45.

Ok thats what I was assuming but someone had mentioned pulling in another to me would give a penalty etc and wanted to make sure. If thats the case then those questions are good and answered. Ive dropped a bit more clarifying info into discord for when you are back. Had a vet apt for the dog and have been gone for a bit today. Let me know when you goet on discord again im on for a couple hours.

We have rerolled into hills
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 02:18:20 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 06:17:38 PM »

Incidentally, I'm holding scenario generation because I've custom-commissioned a piece of terrain for this scenario and I need to see how large it actually is (in terms of hex footprint) before I can finalize the rules.  Once it gets here, I'll have the scenario up real quick.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 08:17:08 PM »

I have a Raijin in Shadow Division colors, a Crab (Rob you may remember this silly crab.....) and a CB in White and some turrets for the minis pile.  Not sure if I can be there that game until the last minute though.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2022, 09:53:39 AM »

I have a Raijin in Comstar colors, been sitting here for years. Looks like maybe it's day has come   :)

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2022, 08:05:18 PM »

I'm fully expecting fortress map to be center with a custom hpg or castle with battlements and moat
Die Clanner!!!!

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2022, 01:14:41 AM »

Scenario generation is running late due to a HostGator issue.  I'm hoping to have it resolved in the next couple of days

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2022, 03:43:56 PM »

Okay guys I had to buy a new computer and it's not going to be set up for a while yet, plus I'm having the aforementioned problems with logging on from the desktop. So here's the scenario summary in not super clear form via my phone. Just go with it and please don't nitpick for specific wording. Ask me for intent instead.

There is a terrain objective about 2/3 of the way up the board towards the North. The civilian units and turrets have to deploy within six hexes of the terrain objective. Main enemy Force divides into groups of six, and deploys radially around the terrain objective, two groups of six to the South (one east and west) of the objective, at least eight hexes and no more than 20 away, and all members of a single group within five hexes of one another. One group of six can deploy to either the northeast or Northwest of the terrain objective, at least eight hexes away and all within five hexes of one another. The Coalition group #2 enters from the North edge on their initiative on turn one.

Rangers deploy as desired on the first three hexes on the south board edge. Reinforcements may enter from the south board edge or from the east or west board edges up to halfway North along the first set of full-length maps (remembering that we have half maps on the south edge).

Objective is to scout the terrain feature and make it off the board alive. To scout the terrain feature you must move adjacent to it and spend one full turn stationary (not immobile). This scouts your occupied hex and all adjacent hexes to the scouting unit. ALL hexes of the terrain objective must be successfully scouted.  The terrain objective is 3 hex rows wide (length will be obvious when we're on the table); the outer rows are two levels tall, the inner row is five levels tall. If you want to move on to the terrain objective you may (it has functionally infinite CF for purposes of the scenario), but moving on to or entering onto any hex of the terrain objective requires a 1d6 roll per hex you move onto or into. On a 5-6 fall as though you fell into a basement (TW) - rerolling results of six seven or eight on that table - but from a height equal to the starting level of the hex in which you're entering (jump onto the 5 hex tall section, roll a six, roll in the basement table and fall into a one level basement = 6 level fall).  The terrain objective "counts as" a heavy building for purposes of incoming or outgoing fire targeting units inside the objective.

Once a single hex of the target structure has been scouted, a GM timer will begin. This is relevant for the rest of the scenario. If this timer has not reached zero by the time the game ends, the timer will have considered to have reached zero at that time.

Scouting units must make it back to the half width board section to be counted as scoring units. The entire terrain feature needs to be scouted for mission complete. Rangers may not declare /victory in the scenario; however the board lies at the point where 3+ people need to leave for the day is where the game ends, unless it has already ended as a result of all scouting units having returned to the safe zone.

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2022, 07:54:10 PM »

I will not have the time to print the opfor for this mission.
Pages: [1] 2 3