CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: July Game Probably Cancelled  (Read 335 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
July Game Probably Cancelled
« on: June 22, 2022, 05:25:42 AM »

Hey guys, I'm almost certainly going to have to cancel the July game outright.  It's looking increasingly like I'm going to have to rebuild the campaign from scratch in Megamek, because none of the savegame files will either transfer nor load to the new drive on the new computer.  So at a minimum, I don't think I'll have time to hand-build everything back up from the online archive we have here, AND generate contracts, AND do all the between-contract stuff, AND be on vacation from July 9-17, and still be ready for the game on 23 July.

I also feel it's fair to offer to the group that, if we want to do a reset/restart, now's a good time.  Please discuss that amongst yourselves.  I'm fine either way at this point.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: July Game Probably Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 05:37:33 PM »

What's the current status of this session?

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: July Game Probably Cancelled
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 07:16:10 PM »

As far as I'm aware we're a go for this upcoming Saturday's game.  Virtually everything Rob was worried about needing to complete is done.  The things I'm aware of that are outstanding are:

1. Complete mission rerolls and generate the scenario [Must do]
2. Generate June unit and personnel markets [Good to do]

I expect Rob is probably back from his vacation now (or within the next day or two) and can confirm status.