CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Campaign Cleanup? New campaign questions  (Read 415 times)

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Campaign Cleanup? New campaign questions
« on: June 26, 2022, 07:45:15 PM »

In light of the campaign reboot, is any cleanup necessary here? Should XP be tracked for the last mission, retirement rolls, warehouses and repairs? Does any of it matter going forward, or do we just leave it be?

New campaign questions (I didn't want to post in the other thread and bury Rob's post):

- Randomly determined techs, doctor, and wingman: Can we do those rolls right away or should we wait for more instruction? The word "may" was used, so I'm guessing you could choose not to roll and retain a specific class. I'm also assuming that once a roll is made, "may" no longer applies and you're stuck with the roll.

- Each lance may support its own paint scheme: Very cool, will be taking a break from Blue for awhile!  ;D

- Players will create a character and a new lance: Putting the word out now for help with this, as I absolutely suck at it.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Cleanup? New campaign questions
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 08:31:37 PM »

I hopped on Discord with Rob earlier and hashed through a bunch of rules questions.  I might figure out what set of lifepaths you're inclined for before he posts the rules, but not generate until the new rules are up.  There is some balancing to help factions that don't have 2d10 lifepath event tables to get extra skill points to make them more attractive for example.  Also, total lance personnel (pilots, techs and doctors) will be capped by Leadership.

Here's my understanding.  The old campaign is done.  If you already completed retirement checks, great.  If you'd like to make retirement checks, cool.  If you make retirement checks you would need to try and retain anyone you would have as if the old campaign was continuing.

Mike was going to buy two new mechs.  Didn't happen and while I would let him if he wanted to, I expect he'd rather bring over one of the current custom mechs.

For XP as you're bringing over an existing pilot, yes, you should figure out the XP they earned.  If you want to spend XP before bringing them over, you can do that too.

I agree once you roll, you've rolled.  If you want help with the character creation process, let me know and I'm happy to work with you on it.

Hope this helps.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 08:36:48 PM »

https://cincybattletech.com/index.php?topic=1314.0

MW3rd was rereleased as Classic Battletech, in which they did add more lifepaths (along with a few other items) to help the two houses that did not even have academies or a Tour of Duty.
Unfortunately, the rewritten PDF with all the new lifepaths was too big for me to post outright on the forums. Hyperlinks do not work either. 

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 06:39:30 PM »

Warehouse question.
If a wingman transfers to new lance, can he bring the spare parts previously purchased specifically for his mech?  Example: If Dancer rolls MW Teri MacInnit to transfer to new lance.  She has been piloting clan Dragonfly.  Can spare clan Dragonfly parts transfer with mech?

Doctor question.
Dancer has apprentice doc John Seaverson who will end apprenticeship before new campaign starts.  His post apprentice condition was to serve as Reg doc for free for 6 years.  Assuming random doc roll picks John, is he eligible for transfer? and salary free until commitment is up?
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 04:09:55 PM »

Warehouse question.
If a wingman transfers to new lance, can he bring the spare parts previously purchased specifically for his mech?  Example: If Dancer rolls MW Teri MacInnit to transfer to new lance.  She has been piloting clan Dragonfly.  Can spare clan Dragonfly parts transfer with mech?

Doctor question.
Dancer has apprentice doc John Seaverson who will end apprenticeship before new campaign starts.  His post apprentice condition was to serve as Reg doc for free for 6 years.  Assuming random doc roll picks John, is he eligible for transfer? and salary free until commitment is up?

1)  Answered in the other forum rules thread.

2) You may bring that character over without a roll if you desire, and he doesn't count as a Doc until his 6 year term is up, nor does he cost salary until that point.