CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: QUESTIONS  (Read 21900 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re: questions(after character creation)
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 09:46:17 PM »

Thanks, Mike.  Where did you get the 9+ target number from?

Customizations that are not full kit replacements have an inherent +2 in them, so the 7+ for vet becomes a 9+ for customization.  It also matches what Rob posted above.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 09:50:55 PM »

Don't worry about not getting to the current version of my spreadsheet. AtB uses a mixture of BMR and some StratOps. I will be updating the sheet to agree with AtB so there aren't as many headaches matching predicted and "actual" results.

If I am reading the TO&E correctly, you have 2 veteran techs.
Are the AtB numbers more favorable for 2 veteran techs cooperating? Should be a -1, bringin it to an 8+.
After all maintenance is monthly or after battle, whichever is shorter, so if you do maintenance May 1 and start modifications on the dropship ride out on May 2, that sounds awfully close to our June game date.

Just a thought.  

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 11:04:12 PM »

If I am reading the TO&E correctly, you have 2 veteran techs.
Are the AtB numbers more favorable for 2 veteran techs cooperating? Should be a -1, bringin it to an 8+.

AtB doesn't let you combine Tech teams for negative refit or repair modifiers. 

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 12:07:11 AM »

1 June, 3044
All PCs receive Wealth and Well-connected bonuses.
All PCs subtract their operating costs from their available cash.
Unit receives contract payment of $1,888,114 CB.  Each PC adds $157,340 CB to their warehouse.  Unit adds $786,700 CB.  Unit cash balance at $2,723,144 CB.
Units, and Personnel market refresh.

Force Tracking
After each contract, players will receive another CBill disbursement (payout) to continue to buy parts for their warehouse. Players will receive 20,000 extra CB per point of Wealth Trait and/or 5,000 extra CB per point of Well-Connected Trait.

is the wording off on the rule doc and it will be per month not at end of contract?

Also for dependents when would they get factored in at this point may 2nd or june 1st?

from other thread
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 12:35:56 AM »

At what point is there no longer 5k bv limit for the 4 man lance? Was that only during creation or did we for sure decide that we would keep it at 5k near indefinitly?

Also for the wing man pilots that have random things next to them on the TOE at what point do those count?
I have a first aid 10+ but another with tactics +2. Am I assuming these are pre bonus numbers like when we did our characters and only the thresholds from that table matter for them?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:37:36 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 02:42:39 PM »

Force Tracking
After each contract, players will receive another CBill disbursement (payout) to continue to buy parts for their warehouse. Players will receive 20,000 extra CB per point of Wealth Trait and/or 5,000 extra CB per point of Well-Connected Trait.

is the wording off on the rule doc and it will be per month not at end of contract?

Also for dependents when would they get factored in at this point may 2nd or june 1st?
from other thread

Wealth and Well-connected money comes in every month. This represents you profiting from your wealth and connections every month.

Campaign rules also say that you receive extra payout at the end of each contract. This might be a disbursement from the unit funds, the GM will have to tell us.

You need to add your dependent costs to your monthly operating costs. That updated value needs to be communicated to the GM.

At what point is there no longer 5k bv limit for the 4 man lance? Was that only during creation or did we for sure decide that we would keep it at 5k near indefinitly?

Also for the wing man pilots that have random things next to them on the TOE at what point do those count?
I have a first aid 10+ but another with tactics +2. Am I assuming these are pre bonus numbers like when we did our characters and only the thresholds from that table matter for them?

You should anticipate the 5k limit being in effect for quite awhile. Rob wants to prevent us from going absolutely custom crazy and/or driving 4 assault mechs each after a few contracts. It may eventually go up, something that is very likely to happen circa 3049. Think of it as unit flavor, our unit relies on more mobile forces and doesn't want to risk having mechs that are so customized we can't afford to repair them. That all gets covered by a bv limit of 5k.

Yes, you're right on the wingman bonuses. I think.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 03:22:27 PM »

Force Tracking

from other thread

Wealth and Well-connected money comes in every month. This represents you profiting from your wealth and connections every month.

Campaign rules also say that you receive extra payout at the end of each contract. This might be a disbursement from the unit funds, the GM will have to tell us.

You need to add your dependent costs to your monthly operating costs. That updated value needs to be communicated to the GM.

You should anticipate the 5k limit being in effect for quite awhile. Rob wants to prevent us from going absolutely custom crazy and/or driving 4 assault mechs each after a few contracts. It may eventually go up, something that is very likely to happen circa 3049. Think of it as unit flavor, our unit relies on more mobile forces and doesn't want to risk having mechs that are so customized we can't afford to repair them. That all gets covered by a bv limit of 5k.

Yes, you're right on the wingman bonuses. I think.

i anticipated as such but wanted confirmation on if it was in fact extended past just creation

Just wanted clarification on if it was one way or both for wealth WC

I have already noted my dependents at 750 each as expenses and im assuming the first withdraw of any expense outside of purchases is june 2nd or 2st whichever day and these are included with the salaries
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »

What are we assumed to have access to right now bay wise ? I know we had the dropship in transit but are we assumed to have standard maint bay for customize etc or the dropship
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »

The dropship is ours (the unit owns it) so presumably we are working out of it and therefore have access to a "maintenance facility" but the dropship bay doesn't add any bonuses like a true maintenance facility would. So we could start maintenance level refits, but would get the dropship +0 modifier for the refit and not the higher bonus a true maintenance facility gives. So watch you TNs because it can get ugly.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2017, 01:52:53 PM »

The dropship is ours (the unit owns it) so presumably we are working out of it and therefore have access to a "maintenance facility" but the dropship bay doesn't add any bonuses like a true maintenance facility would. So we could start maintenance level refits, but would get the dropship +0 modifier for the refit and not the higher bonus a true maintenance facility gives. So watch you TNs because it can get ugly.

thats why i was asking i know that -1 or -2 would be helpful for doing what i need to do 2
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 03:38:30 PM »

-Skill Randomization Tab: select “extra randomness”. Set “Overall Recruitment Bonus” to 1. Set Secondary Skill probability to “2”. Set Tactics Skill to -10/-5/-2/0 from left to right. Set Special Abilities to -10/-0/1/3 from left to right

im assuming this refers to the bonus at 2?

what should the probability itself be it only does increments of 5?

Die Clanner!!!!

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 11:14:21 AM »

If i have a jammed Ac/10, do I need a tech to clear it?  If so, will some one help me with calculating the numbers?

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 11:23:46 AM »

If i have a jammed Ac/10, do I need a tech to clear it?  If so, will some one help me with calculating the numbers?

How do you jam an AC/10?

Nevermind, quirks, right?

Anyway, I can't find anything on the repair tables for that. Everything relates to repairing crits and you took none.

It seems that long ago, in another merc campaign, I remember Rob saying that jammed ammo required the removal of the loaded ammo, and then a reload. I'm not going to bother posting any potential modifier numbers, because I don't know if that's correct.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:31:52 AM by serrate »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 02:23:14 PM »

If i have a jammed Ac/10, do I need a tech to clear it?  If so, will some one help me with calculating the numbers?

There are no repair rules for a jammed standard AC, so as far as I'm concerned it's automatically cleared as part of your maintenance cycle after the battle.  It only affects you during the fight, not during logistics.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2017, 11:25:15 PM »

i know at one point someone stated the head location of a mech on box cars does not destroy the location but removes it from the mech

i at the time didnt think of it and went with what was said

just for clarification on whoever asked bmr states on boxcar the section is outright destroyed killing the pilot as well as components
Die Clanner!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33