CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: QUESTIONS  (Read 21898 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re: questions(after character creation)
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 12:30:07 AM »

And costing you a good chunk of change between a new pilot and a new head.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 02:16:06 AM »

And costing you a good chunk of change between a new pilot and a new head.
(^_^)b
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2017, 03:43:36 AM »

Alright so double checking on this

if a tech is actively trying to add armor to a mech but fails that mech can not have its armor added until the attempt is finished? or is it that the time is wasted but would be available to another tech in same time frame

im assuming that i have to wait until the attempt time runs out but wasnt sure if that was the case in this situation

also in the case of techs

regular techs are 40 hrs per week and veterans are 45 hrs per week or are they both 40 hours per week (ive been under assumption of 40 hrs for both)

also when it comes to maintenance minutes per mech is it 60x4 for the month or just 60 for mediums and 75x4 or 75 for heavies
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 02:51:39 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2017, 11:11:43 PM »

Alright so here starts the next segment of questions for repairs and other things

when replacing a mechs head does it automatically come with armor and IS(im assuming no based on rest of post)?

Alright so a critted ML--can it be repaired even though it has only 1 critical( im assuming no since it states in strat ops if a ppc with 3 critical hits must be replaced)? If so what is the target number we are using since its not in the excel repair sheet(only shows replace) strat ops shows a weapon rendered inoperable can have a chance to be repaired on 2d6 =10+ (is this the method which we will be using even though its not in bmr?)

what is the correct formula for replacing a mechs head
-- so far i know internal structure tonnage x 2400/10 will give me IS for the head, then I have 200k for the cockpit, life support( head life support are they 50k each or 25k each? i know I have to have 2 life support in the head) then sensors x2 but im having trouble finding the cost of sensors (one that makes sense anyway)

an additional issue has come up with the ssw cost value when i tried to go back and double check what i had which has thrown me off at this point. by right clicking the cockpit section of my trebuchets head and going into details it shows my cockpit costs 350k (im assuming this includes the sensors, life support, and cockpit itself only?)

the only way this all makes sense is if the 350k from ssw indicates life support being 25k then sensors are 50k each

if that is the case to replace the trebuchets head it will have a formula like this

life support=50000(/2 for individual cost=25k each ) + sensors=50x2000(/2 for individual cost=50k each) + cockpit=200000 + IS=50*2400/10=12000 + ARMOR=10000*.5625(total armor on head 9/16 of ton = .5625)= 5625 = 367,625 for a 50 ton head replacement (COMPLETE HEAD REPLACEMENT)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:18:10 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re: QUESTIONS
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2017, 11:47:46 PM »

Ice, when I calculated out the cost of a new 50-ton mech head I came out with 511,250 for the complete new head.  You are missing the cost for the "head" itself in your final numbers, also my calculations show each sensor (and you need 2 of them) is 100,000.  Life support costs 50k each (you need 2).  So from what I see you are missing quite a bit in your calculation.

Now for a question, and one that only exists because lawyer mode was turned on.  Darrian, when do you make the CHA oll to see if any captives are recruitable?  While the rules appear in the post mission sections, the line "a failed roll means you must hold them prisoner or ransom them back" implies that A) you can ransom people before the end of the mission and B) therefore you would roll for recruit-ability after the mission the captive was taken.  I assume I'm in that special place lawyers go which is just a step away from insanity, but can you grant some clarity? 

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2017, 12:16:37 AM »

Ice, when I calculated out the cost of a new 50-ton mech head I came out with 511,250 for the complete new head.  You are missing the cost for the "head" itself in your final numbers, also my calculations show each sensor (and you need 2 of them) is 100,000.  Life support costs 50k each (you need 2).  So from what I see you are missing quite a bit in your calculation.

Now for a question, and one that only exists because lawyer mode was turned on.  Darrian, when do you make the CHA oll to see if any captives are recruitable?  While the rules appear in the post mission sections, the line "a failed roll means you must hold them prisoner or ransom them back" implies that A) you can ransom people before the end of the mission and B) therefore you would roll for recruit-ability after the mission the captive was taken.  I assume I'm in that special place lawyers go which is just a step away from insanity, but can you grant some clarity?  

thats why i posted i felt like something seemed off

ssw shows the cost of the cockpit as 350 k  (SSW through a wrench and caused a bit of confusion, how accurate is the costs on ssw?)

also what is the true time to reload/remove ammo
---------

cockpit is 200k
each sensor is 100k = so thats another 200k
lifesupport is 50k =so thats another 100k

these all were in line with what i originally had for my numbers as well before looking at ssw
-------
(not sure how you got 11250 for the head cost itself though)

BMR formula for replacement of destroyed sections pg90- (2400*(mech tonnage)50)/10 = 12k (unless we decided on something else and i have forgotten by this point)
 this includes the cost of IS but not armor, cockpit etc with a head section though they have to be purchased and factored when buying a head at same time apparently since the head already will contain all of it

10000*.5625(total armor on head 9/16 of ton = .5625)= 5625 (unless this is wrong as well)

total of 17625+500k=517625 for total replacement

also since i already have 2 life support parts already are they used first or must i purchase another set(this also is regarding armor points since i already have a bunch of armor as is)

also are we considered to have a maintenance facility right now?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:30:03 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2017, 04:07:10 AM »

Ice, when I calculated out the cost of a new 50-ton mech head I came out with 511,250 for the complete new head.  You are missing the cost for the "head" itself in your final numbers, also my calculations show each sensor (and you need 2 of them) is 100,000.  Life support costs 50k each (you need 2).  So from what I see you are missing quite a bit in your calculation.  

MekHQ shows the cost for 50 ton head, standard internal structre, with sensors and life support (no cockpit or armor) to be 162,000. 50 ton head internal structure only 12,000. Mek HQ is where Rob gave me numbers from. Here is a screen shot of MekHQ.  
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:08:57 AM by Ad Hoc »

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2017, 11:45:28 AM »

MekHQ shows the cost for 50 ton head, standard internal structre, with sensors and life support (no cockpit or armor) to be 162,000. 50 ton head internal structure only 12,000. Mek HQ is where Rob gave me numbers from. Here is a screen shot of MekHQ.  

from meckhq i do see the totals there 162k 12k 200k 5600ish from armor = 375ishk for a cockpit if this way is correct...

at this point gm what are we using
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:52:24 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2017, 07:39:39 PM »

At the end of the last contract we received " 1 REPAIR PART". Can I please get an explanation of what this is and how it works?

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2017, 10:22:14 PM »

its a priceless item that cna be used to automatically repair one part--there were some stipulations though cant remember though
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2017, 12:56:42 AM »

anyone remember where the promote tech section is? i cant remember where it was in the docs not sure if it got cut out on accident since im not seeing it in the files.
Die Clanner!!!!

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2017, 07:43:16 AM »

anyone remember where the promote tech section is? i cant remember where it was in the docs not sure if it got cut out on accident since im not seeing it in the files.
It is in the "Have Mech, Will Travel" rule set, pg 11. The download is in the "Campaign Rules 2, Read" This thread.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2017, 12:52:57 PM »

It is in the "Have Mech, Will Travel" rule set, pg 11. The download is in the "Campaign Rules 2, Read" This thread.

there was another section that specifically said to promote a green to regular its this etc  
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 01:00:18 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2017, 05:37:45 PM »

there was another section that specifically said to promote a green to regular its this etc  

Rob updated it and changed it to the listed above. Is the same as increasing a skill level.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2017, 08:43:13 AM »

Rob, I am preparing to order parts for the salvaged PHawk.  Will the "ubiquitious" trait affect the TN for the endo steel PHawk arm and torso parts that I need to order?
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33