CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Suns Descendant Discussion  (Read 6272 times)

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Suns Descendant Discussion
« on: July 07, 2013, 12:07:32 AM »

This thread is for open discussion of the campaign prior to game start.
The rules have changed from what was previously planned.  This is mostly due to the warchest system sucking for individual player character rewards.  The change to a generic group allows for easy use of the Warchest system, as well as allowing people to play a wide variety of units instead of being locked into just one or two for quite a while.

There are a few orders of business to attend to.  Some of these need to wait till we have everyone into their chosen campaigns so it may be a few days.

Once players are decided, someone will need to volunteer for each of the three roles that I have outlined in the rules thread.  As stated, these are not 'command' roles in game play, though they can be if you want them to be.  They are meant for smoothing over bumps in how the system works.

The player forces will need to be decided.  Once I see the number of players involved, I'll have a better feel for if I will assign out lances for people to make, or just have everyone discuss in here and sort out their force compositions.

You all may want a unit nickname, and will need to determine a paint scheme if you want to paint up units just for this.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 01:26:41 AM by Riegien »

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Suns Descendant Rules Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:29:28 AM »

Do we also have access to the Periphery General list from the MUL?

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Suns Descendant Discussion
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 01:41:34 AM »

No, I think most of what is on the Periph general is either accessible in the other 3, or is things that wouldn't be available.  I think I saw 3 unusual commando variants on the periphery list that aren't on the others, for instance.  If you have something specific you want to make an argument for though, go for it.

Also, as examples of things that the MUL does not list.  The Cavalier, Hauberk, and Grenadier battle armors are not included for the Federated Suns in the Republic Era.  They are listed as 'to be determined' in the MUL, but would definitely be available. 

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:51:31 AM »

Got it.  Also, the Dark Age Era doesn't really have faction information present in the MUL.  Does this mean we're using the faction lists for the Republic Era?

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 02:08:11 AM »

I thought I had seen it in one or two places, I may have been mistaken.  If it is not available use the Republic Era.  I am updating the rules thread to reflect this.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 04:10:38 PM »

So Travis, we're no longer picking individual units to be included in this force, but instead coming to some sort of consensus? or is that still tbd?

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 09:38:42 PM »

Somewhat TBD.  Mostly its dependent on how many people end up playing.  If 6 or more people play it may be simpler to just have everyone make up a lance + 2 units.  If its less than that it may be simpler to just have it be a group consensus.

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »

Here's who I have for players in this campaign.  If this is incorrect, please speak up.

Rob
Dan
Mike
Bryan
John
Steve

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 12:56:10 AM »

As far as the roles you've outlined that need to be filled:

Rob  -  Enjoying a well-earned rest
Dan  -  available
Mike -  available
Bryan- Previous CO
John -  Previous XO, and might be more limited due to school
Steve- GM'ing other campaign

So, with that in mind, I hereby nominate Dan and Mike as CO/XO (they can decide amongst themselves who gets what). I'll be happy to take the position of LO, unless someone else wants it.  :P

Travis, one other thing, you mentioned on Saturday (and this is posted in your rules section as well) that you can only convert 100 WP into SP between tracks. After looking over the campaign section in ER3145, I think the rule is that you can only convert that much per month of campaign time that the group does not participate in a track. If the group is going from track to track, I don't think there is a limit on it. Unless you intended that as a house rule.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 10:38:29 AM »

Mike if you want to take CO I'll be fine with running as the XO - probably for the best honestly.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 09:07:01 PM »

Due to potential scheduling conflicts with school, I think it would be for the best if I don't take on any sort of command role for this campaign.

On a completely unrelated note, what do we want our unit paint scheme to be?  I preemptively veto all pink Stalkers.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »

Well, as the CO ( ;D) I don't really care about paint scheme.  I think that logically it would be mixed, with a preference towards periphery march and whatever else we want.  I can totally see multiple paint schemes in the unit, it will look less cohesive, but then we are an adhoc force right now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:51:07 PM by agustaaquila »

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 04:54:31 PM »

As this kinda got lost in the force creation thread, what do you guys think about using the quirks for units in this game?  Any quirks listed in the TROs would be applied.  If the TRO does not have an entry for quirks, none will be applied.  This is very much a thing that we need a consensus on before implementing as there is a bunch of stuff that would be added.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »

I'm interested in giving unit quirks a try at least.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 09:19:38 AM »

Sounds good to me.
Pages: [1] 2