CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 1 November 3145, Defiance  (Read 3861 times)

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
1 November 3145, Defiance
« on: December 31, 2013, 05:53:17 PM »

1 November, 3145
Defiance-III Pirate Point

The Gorkha completes its jump from Minette to Defiance, using a pirate point to speed your drop ship's journey to Defiance's second planet.  shortly after you arrive, the communication system lights up with an incoming message from Defiance planetary control.  Dealing with the lag makes the conversation awkward, but once you confirm that you are in fact not a Combine invasion force things go smoothly enough. 

Major Dumei, the on duty operations officer comes on the line:  "So the Periphery march is sending troops, huh.  Well, we're glad for the help but I don't really have any militia garrisons that need relieving at the moment, or logistics trains to watch.  You are free to move to the southern continent's starport for resupply."  He snaps his fingers, "Oh, there is something you can assist with.  It's even like the pirate hunting I'm sure you're used to.  One week ago we had what appeared to be a brief plume like EM burst radiate out from the moon Defiance-III-b.  We did a quick check and it seemed like it was an issue with our sensors.  Since you're already there, it will save us a couple days round trip.   Your first job out here is to double check the moon and make sure it was just a glitch.  We'll get you a full intel briefing once that's cleared.  Dumei out."

Needle in a Haystack

As the Orca begins its decent you can understand why they could assume it was a sensor glitch.  The moon is a sandy morass that seems perpetually wrapped in a windstorm due to being tidally locked to its parent.  In addition, between the static distcharges from the sandstorm and the surface radiation being caused by mineral deposits, your sensors are barely able to assist in your landing.  Your ship lands neatly in a shallow valley, and you prepare to head off into the soup.  Once out in it your sensors give constant false positives, showing contacts scattered throughout the terrain.

Cost: 100WP
Options:
Heart of the storm: Blowing sand rules are in effect(+1 penalty to direct fire and pulse energy weapons, +1 penalty to missile weapons) -50 WP

Allocation: The PCs may deploy up to 10 units.  ASF are not available.

Board Shape: [  ][  ]
                   [  ][  ]

Objective: Patrol.  There are nav points placed around the board.  2 units must be moved within 3 hexes of the nav point to count the area as having been patrolled.  For units with active probes, only one unit must be within 3 hexes.
Rewards:
     Nav Point Alpha:   75WP
     Nav Point Beta:    75WP
     Nav Point Gamma: 75WP

Special Rules:
     Obscuring Formations:  Due to the mineral formations and general conditions on the surface of the moon, sensors are nearly worthless.  Contact is able to be established, but identification requires very close proximity.  All units will be deployed as markers, and sheets will be closed.  When a unit reaches a predetermined distance from another unit, it may identify the target unit, replacing the marker with its actual mini.  You may fire on markers that have not been identified.  Firing does not cause the firing marker's identification to be revealed.

Identification ranges:   
    Standard unit       - 6 hexes
    Beagle Probe        - 9 hexes
    Bloodhound Probe - 12 hexes

Planetary Condition Low Gravity (.75g)
            Low Gravity walking Speeds:
                 3 > 4
                 4 > 5
                 5 > 7
                 6 > 8
                 7 > 9
                 8 > 11
                 9 > 12
                10 > 13
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:08:22 PM by Riegien »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re: 1 November 3145, Defiance
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 12:35:43 AM »

OK, so we need to decide on 2 things:

1) Do we take the extra bonus?  Simple yes or no reply, will close Fri at 10 am (will sumerize right before I go to work)

2) Unit suggestions, Will close fri at 7 pm, I will post list up by 9 and I will print all PC sheets.  From the 10 unit count, we can take up to 2 different lances as well as a vehicle group.  Suggest way.

My votes

1)  No, we do not have good enough P/G scores right now to be able to hit the broad side of a barn with these penalties.

2) something with active probes.  lots of active probes.

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 03:22:22 PM »

1.  Yes. The penalty might actually benefit us as our objectives focus on scouting rather than combat, which means that anything that makes our scouts harder to hit is a good thing. Also, we can always minimize how much the penalty affects us by selecting forces that primarily use ballistic weapons.

2.  I vote lance 1 and lance 3. Each lance contains an active probe while still bringing along plenty of firepower and decent speed. However, lance 4 and lance 5 might be worth considering as well. Lance 4 makes heavy use of ballistic weapons, so the storm shouldn't affect them too much (especially if we reconfigure the Blackjack), but they lack active probes. Lance 5 is fast and contains plenty of active probes, so its ideally suited for scouting and completing the objectives, but its also geared primarily towards dealing with infantry rather than mechs.

For vehicles, I vote for the Manteuffels. I don't see much point bringing along the Maxims if we're not going to bring infantry and I don't feel like the JES IIs and Schiltrons would be well suited to a more mobile fight where we may not be able to keep them supported.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 07:12:53 PM »

1) Optional rules is in play.

2)  We will be bringing lances 3 and 4.  We will also bring both Manteuffels.  I like the attack power of both lances, and also I think that the weather conditions could end up interfering with c3 networks.

So we need people to commit to bringing minis, I am printing sheets now.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 08:08:28 PM »

I can bring lance 4 provided that no one cares about the minis being completely unpainted.  Also, Mike, do you want to reconfigure the Blackjack from configuration D to configuration C in order to increase the number of ballistic weapons that we're bringing along?

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »

I do not think so, WP are a little tight right now

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 11:15:17 PM »

I do not think so, WP are a little tight right now

You sure? It only costs 1 WP.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 12:41:25 AM »

I'm bringing a few mechs from that list.

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 08:11:07 AM »

Can anyone please bring a blackjack or blackjack omni?

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 08:13:56 AM »

I've got a blackjack.  It's coming.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 06:15:04 PM »

Good Game everyone.  Thank you Travis for putting it together.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 10:09:38 AM »

It was a good game! Nice job Travis, of trying to use double-blind-(light).

I'll get the logistics stuff worked out tonight.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 04:44:49 PM »

Starting WP: 500

Needle in a Haystack: -100

-Success All nav points: +225
-Success "Heart of the Storm": +50
===========================
Post mission WP: 675
Convert to SP: -100
Post-conversion WP: 575
Current SP: 1000

UnitArmorInternalRearmHeal
1) Marauder MAD-5T10
2) Griffin GRF-6S5511010
3) Shadow Hawk SHD-5D5510
4) Hellspawn HSN-10SR4590
1) Avatar G7014010200
2) Centurion Omni A10
3) Bushwacker BSW-S2r5550
4) Blackjack Omni D50
-Manteuffel Attack Tank C (c3m)5
-Manteuffel Attack Tank Prime (c3s)355

Total SP cost: 965

Current WP: 575
Current SP:   35

This reflects suggested spending, but there are some questions:
1) I put down most re-arms as Standard, which is 10 SP, not Introductory which is 5. I assumed RAC ammo isn't intro level.
2) The Bushwacker's ammo reload I put as 50, due to the plasma cannon. If that's not correct, let me know.

GM:
3) Travis, the Avatar's pilot is 4/5, with 2 hits. It'd cost me 60 SP to simply replace him, or 200 to heal him. So I think the Heal may be a little over-priced. Then again, maybe it should just be adjusted for non-leveled pilots. Obviously, once I've spent SP to improve skill, I'll continue to heal the guy regardless of cost.
4) I wasn't sure if "mini-campaign" = Track. So, I wasn't sure if we've earned a point of Renown or not.
5) I want to verify that we can only convert 100 WP to SP each track. In this case, 1000 SP barely covers expenses in what was essentially a non-combat track. It may be that this is intended, which is fine, but I wanted to check into it. With this restriction, it seems unlikely we'd ever be using SP for skill advancement.

First Allied Periphery Combat Group:
Also, if this is meant to be a little more along the lines of a "bailing wire and duct tape" sort of campaign, the following units could potentially go unrepaired:
Shadow Hawk: missing 23 points of armor
Bushwacker: missing 23 points of armor
Blackjack: missing 10 points of armor
Hellspawn: missing 28 points of armor (IS must still be repaired, due to Shoulder/LA crits)

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 08:45:27 PM »

Starting WP: 500

Needle in a Haystack: -100

-Success All nav points: +225
-Success "Heart of the Storm": +50
Post mission WP: 675
Convert to SP: -100
Post-conversion WP: 575
Current SP: 1000

UnitArmorInternalRearmHeal
1) Marauder MAD-5T10
2) Griffin GRF-6S5511010
3) Shadow Hawk SHD-5D5510
4) Hellspawn HSN-10SR4590
1) Avatar G7014010200
2) Centurion Omni A10
3) Bushwacker BSW-S2r5550
4) Blackjack Omni D50
-Manteuffel Attack Tank C (c3m)5
-Manteuffel Attack Tank Prime (c3s)355

Total SP cost: 965

Current WP: 575
Current SP:   35

This reflects suggested spending, but there are some questions:
1) I put down most re-arms as Standard, which is 10 SP, not Introductory which is 5. I assumed RAC ammo isn't intro level.
2) The Bushwacker's ammo reload I put as 50, due to the plasma cannon. If that's not correct, let me know.

GM:
3) Travis, the Avatar's pilot is 4/5, with 2 hits. It'd cost me 60 SP to simply replace him, or 200 to heal him. So I think the Heal may be a little over-priced. Then again, maybe it should just be adjusted for non-leveled pilots. Obviously, once I've spent SP to improve skill, I'll continue to heal the guy regardless of cost.
4) I wasn't sure if "mini-campaign" = Track. So, I wasn't sure if we've earned a point of Renown or not.
5) I want to verify that we can only convert 100 WP to SP each track. In this case, 1000 SP barely covers expenses in what was essentially a non-combat track. It may be that this is intended, which is fine, but I wanted to check into it. With this restriction, it seems unlikely we'd ever be using SP for skill advancement.

First Allied Periphery Combat Group:
Also, if this is meant to be a little more along the lines of a "bailing wire and duct tape" sort of campaign, the following units could potentially go unrepaired:
Shadow Hawk: missing 23 points of armor
Bushwacker: missing 23 points of armor
Blackjack: missing 10 points of armor
Hellspawn: missing 28 points of armor (IS must still be repaired, due to Shoulder/LA crits)

Does the Hellspawn have any IS damage on that arm?  There was confusion about to hits during one turn and I may have forgotten to erase non-damaged arm slots.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 10:51:30 PM »

Isn't our unit's warchest points to support points conversion factor 20, not 10, due to our A technology rating?
Pages: [1] 2