CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: 3 November, 3145: Defiance  (Read 2083 times)

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
3 November, 3145: Defiance
« on: February 16, 2014, 01:13:11 AM »

3 November, 3145
Defiance-IIIb

A couple of days pass that you spend analyzing the data found by the patrols and patch up your equipment.  The skeletal superstructure that the Hellspawn spotted seems to be supporting some sort of launching rig, with a modified Overlord dropship parked several kilometers away.  Further analysis supports that this is most likely some sort of mass driver set to bombard Defiance, and seems to be mostly put together.  Compounding the issue, only the superstructure was discovered in the patrols.  The control and power facilities for the driver remain undiscovered.  As a bright spot, your techs have managed to jerry rig your sensors to be significantly more useful than they had been, so you wont be flying completely blind.

Smash and Grab

Rather than dispatch additional patrols to try to find the command and control facilities for the Mass Driver and risk the small groups being picked off by the alerted enemy, or recon-in-force and not cover enough ground to find them at all, a third option has been arrived at:  Asking the Dracs.  Since we know where their DropShip is, and it stands to reason that they know where their own forces are, we're going to hit the Overlord hard and infiltrate battle armor into the vessel.  From there, we will extract the information and pull back to come up with a proper attack plan.  They probably won't just roll out the red carpet, so we'll need to punch a hole through one of their doors to provide access.  Because the sensors are so spotty, we should be able to pull up and surprise them.

Cost: 300WP
Options:
Saw you coming  +100 WP:  The defenders start with additional active units on the board.
Armed and Operational +200 WP: The Overlord is operational.  It will shut down when boarded.

Allocation: The PCs may deploy up to 16 units.  At least two of these must be battle armor.  ASF are not available.

Board Shape: [  ][  ]
                   [  ][  ]
                   [  ][  ]

Objective: Intel raid.  Approach the enemy's dropship, gain access to it, and then escape with the required data.
Rewards:
     Information is ammunition:   200WP
           Successfully deliver battlearmor to the breached DropShip and keep another unit within 3 hexes of the ship for 4 rounds.
     No Man Left Behind:    100WP
           Recover the battlearmor before leaving the field.
     Hold the Line: 100WP
           Withdraw at least one unit that stayed within 3 hexes of the ship from the map, or one battlearmor that infiltrated the ship.
     Recon in force: 1 Renown
           Destroy/cripple 50% of the defending forces before withdrawing.

Special Rules:

Salvage -  Salvage is in play after this track if both Information is Ammunition and Hold the Line objectives are successful.
     Forced Withdrawal

Planetary Condition Low Gravity (.75g)
            Low Gravity walking Speeds:
                 3 > 4
                 4 > 5
                 5 > 7
                 6 > 8
                 7 > 9
                 8 > 11
                 9 > 12
                10 > 13

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: 3 November, 3145: Defiance
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 08:32:42 PM »

Given that we're 2 days out from the game, and a bunch of people are out, I'm going to put this on pause till my next scenario day.  Sat 22nd with be for open gaming.  I will bring stuff for warmahordes, infinity, and startrek attack wing if anyone wants to try those.  Feel free to continue planning for this scenario.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:09:24 AM »

Damn.  Maria's off work on Saturday for the first time in 3 months.   :-\

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:01:34 PM »

Ok.  Is anyone other than Rob going to be there for PCs?  Bryan and Mike arent going to make it, and Dan and John were iffy.  Any one able to confirm that they're going to be there?

If we have people, what units are you all bringing?  Are you taking any of the options?  Ive got a day to get that sorted out and find opfor minis.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:08:08 PM by Riegien »

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 06:16:59 PM »

I cannot make it this time.  My wife has plans.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 10:00:11 PM »

Ok.  Is anyone other than Rob going to be there for PCs?  Bryan and Mike arent going to make it, and Dan and John were iffy.  Any one able to confirm that they're going to be there?

If we have people, what units are you all bringing?  Are you taking any of the options?  Ive got a day to get that sorted out and find opfor minis.

I'm not going to be able to make it.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 10:15:31 AM »

I cannot make it this time.  My wife has plans.

Okay.  I think that I can come if I bring my girls along.  They might show a little interest for a little while.  They have in the past.  I will also bring portable DVD player.  That should keep them occupied.  They love their movies.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »

Next game is April 5.  Please have your choices in by next Sunday.

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 08:57:59 PM »

I can't actually make it to the game, but if my vote still counts, then I don't think either of the optional bonuses are worth taking this time around.