CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Mid chpt 3 downtime  (Read 1588 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Mid chpt 3 downtime
« on: November 30, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »

Ok, with us making it back to platsville intact, do we want to take some downtime to train and eat something other than MRE?  I know the good doc would like to keep her head down, but I also know that some people might want some time to train and upgrade/ascend some more. 

I think that we can afford 4 days of downtime, but do we want to take more or less?  I plan to go to backstreets and find some drugs that I used out of my medkit.  I also would like a little time, but what do we all think.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Mid chpt 3 downtime
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 02:46:39 PM »

Well, we're kind of running head of a well-armed highly-organized, and heavily-financed group of people who want to capture or kill us (or Dr. Shrinivasa).  How much time do you feel is safe to take?  Plattsburg is still certainly within their sphere of influence, and depending on who they've paid off, within their sphere of active military operations.  I'm nervous about taking more than a few hours to refuel and rearm and set a new destination.  The more we stay on the move, the safer we'll be...

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re: Mid chpt 3 downtime
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 06:34:32 PM »

There the rub is.  We do not know if the Evran Sovereignty is after us, the doc, or both.  I woud assume both after this little adventure, as I would expect there to be gun cam footage that we didn't find. 

I think that it needs to be pointed out that the Sovereignty's grasp is very widespread.  They were running ops outside of MAddoc, and are also operating here in New York.  They have air assets, and can track us anywhere if they look hard enough.  I'm sure that you are aware of the stress a person goes through if they are constantly on the run, and so I think taking less than a week in this mass of humanity and the go to nNY with an even larger mass of people.  We could also go to ground in the wilds, and hope to support ourselves in the wilds. 

However, our current plan seems to be to increase the Sovereignty's hate for us, and so I think we can afford a couple of days to properly stock up and brush up on skills we need.  Its the groups choice and I can live with either.