CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Designing my Assari  (Read 2627 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Designing my Assari
« on: April 16, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »

OK guys, I am asking if you were too offput by my sudden injection of drug addiction by Clive?  I am asking this as my current character may go down a past drug addiction line, but wont if the drug use is too offputting to someone.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Designing my Assari
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 08:50:48 PM »

Nah, I'm good.  Knock yourself out.  The only thing I'd check on with Brent is if there's a sutra somewhere in the Justicar's code that forbids drug use.

But, for the 4chan kiddies watching out there...

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:21:37 PM »

There would be a Sutra about current drug abuse. However recovery from something like Red Sand would constitute the type of life change that makes a Justicar.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re:My Assari
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 11:08:27 PM »

OK, here is some stating out of stuff, and throwing it up for GM approval.  

Race: Assari

Just to be clear, when I had options to buy things i always went the most expensive CDP wise, as justicar made some things interesting.

Creation

Qualities:
Str 13 14 15
agi (2 from just) 12-16
con (") 10-15
dis (4 from just) 20-22
int 12-15

abilities, etc
pure blood (free)
justicar
intolerant 2 (Vorcha)
intumegery sys 1

skills field
mil theory 2
survival 2
alertness 2
coercion 2
core fitness 2
small arms 2 bought

skill
unarmed 3
grapple 3
pistol (3 free 1 bought) 4
rifle 3
gather info 3
street smart 3
law 3 (all above free)
performance 4
pilot aircraft (ship) 4
comm system 4
2 handed melee 4

biotics
grav 4
being 10
salvation 4

5 cdp left over

1st advance

vit +3
con 2

additional id (jeva, pilot)
quick reaction

10 left over

2nd advance

agi 2
pilot ship 2
rifle 3
grav +1
control 3
espionage field 1
salvation 2
agony 1

3d advance
control 3
vitality 2
law 2
grapple 3
rifle 3
agility +2
pilot +1
grav 1

Final sheet

Core Attributes
STR - 15
AGI - 18
CON - 17
VIT - 17
DIS - 22
INT - 15
CHA - 16

Secondary Attributes
ATH - 17
PA - 18
FIT - 17
WIL - 20
WIS - 19
WIT - 16
PRE - 16

Tertiary Qualities
Health - 24
Endurance - 47
Reaction - 18 (23)
Defense - 9 (10)
Physis - 17

Genetic Deviations
-Integumentary 1

Abilities
-Quick Reflexes: +5 Reaction, +1 Defense, +5 AGI Resist Checks
-pureblood: +8 endurance, intolerant if known
-justicar: see appropriate thread
-additional id: name Jeva, occupation pilot

Drawbacks
-Code of Honor (J)usticar
- intolerant 2 (Vorcha)
- past addiction

Field Ranks
Core Fitness: +2
Military Theory: +2
Espionage: +1
Small Arms: +2
survival 2
alertness 2
coercion 2

Skill Ranks
unarmed 3
grapple 6
pistol/smg 4
rifle/shotgun 9
gather info 3
street smarts 3
law 5
performance 4
pilot ship 7
2 handed melee 4

biotics
gravity 6
being 10
salvation 6
control 6
agony 3

Equipment Request List:
need to see list of death for guns

omnitool rating 3
security 6
forge 3
extranet

Medium armor (kassa Fabrication unless noted)
kenetic barrier 3
+1 med gel
Helm-Umbra visor
Legs- Armax Arsenal

Other gear to come later

edit: reduce disc to its 22 it was supposed to be, and added biotics
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:27:07 PM by agustaaquila »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 11:21:55 PM »

Jeva was born on an Assari colony that was unremarkable except for its element zero deposit.  Her family came to work on harvesting the element, and so Jeva turned out to be a biotic.  Her home was attacked on occasion by mercs of the Blood Pack, and she carries a hatred to this day or the Vorcha that killed her siblings.

Upon reaching Maiden status, Jeva joined the military.  It was discovered that her mother had lied to her about her genefather being a krogan, and this tore Jeva heart apart.  She excelled in the fields of longarms and piloting, and was soon piloting a commando team around. Although Jeva was noted for being strict, she was eventually transferred to the 7th fleet.  On her 2nd mission, her shuttle was shot down by geth tower, and only Jeva came back alive.  During her physical therapy to recover from the injuries sustained, she became addicted first to pain killers, and later to harder drugs.  This impacted her ability to perform her duties, and she was discharged from the army.

Jeva's story woud have ended on Omega, had she not been discovered by another Assari when she was alone with her pistol.  This Assari was searching for Jeva's sister, and saw in Jeva a kindred spirit.  She took Jeva to a monastery for training, and Jeva worked hard at becoming clean and moving on with life.  She soon took the oaths of the Justicars, and a new name along with her new life.  She is hunting people she believes are involved in illegal smuggling with Batarians, and is using her old life as Jena as a cover for her activities.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:49:38 AM »

Is your asari a biotic?  I ask because there's no Source/Intentions listed on the final sheet...   :P

Actually, I'm tracking the math on this because i want to see exactly how my Justicar writeup fares, numbers-wise.  Could you go into step-by-step detail on the maths involved?  I'm seeing some stuff that doesn't make sense; the DISC score of 33, for example, isn't possible unless you take Core Quality Increase Genetic Deviations at least a couple of times - Justicar gives you a bonus, but you're still capped at your species maximum.  From the looks of things, I've probably statted the Justicar advantage out as "way too good", or I've statted the asari themselves out as "way too good", but I need harder numbers to tell.  Compare your PC to mine and tell me what you think.  From my end, it looks like we're equivalent almost across the board in stats and skills...but you add extreme proficiency in biotics on top of everything Garrik can do.  Second opinion?  Brent, third opinion?

Additionally, right now, the Being Intention isn't actually used for any of the Biotic Wielding effects Brent put up in the master thread (Brent, could you edit those entries so it's easier to tell what effect uses which Intention?)

Last thing, as per a phone conversation with Brent today, all armor is "assumed" to be N7 model by default.  Strapping on the armor types ("Armax Arsenal legs", for example") are considered to be additional armor modifications that cost extra.  So there's no such thing as a "full kassa Fabrication suit"; you'd have to buy an N7 suit and replace any parts you wanted to be Kassa Fabrication-branded for an additional cost.  Just a heads-up.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:12:20 AM by Darrian Wolffe »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 08:28:55 AM »

suffice it to say, there are errors in the above sheet, and i do not know when i will get around to fixing them.  biking to work sucks.

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:25:15 AM »

Justicar will probably need to be dialed back.

As written it grants ~795 CDP in advantages with only ~60 in drawbacks.

As it stands it's way undercosted. Current cost is 210 for normal Asari and 195 for pure bloods. Sum is based on "value" of the drawbacks. The ratio is 4:1 and the code of conduct isn't enough hindrance for a smart player.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:50:31 AM by Knightofargh »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »

Well, this is a logical consequence of designing based on a "represent the fluff" theory, rather than "what's balanced" theory.  Ideas for additional drawbacks or increased costs?  The big problem is that the Justicars really do get all that good stuff as per the fluff before they're ever allowed out of Justicar school...so if you dial back what they actually get, you aren't really playing a Justicar anymore.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 10:35:44 PM »

Well, the drawback is a huge one as it gives the GM a huge stick to force the Justicar to do whatever the GM wants.  However, I beieve that some of the skill ranks should be scaled back.

On another note, an Ardat-Yakshi eats an even powered justicar for lunch.  Not posting it up here, but will bring sunday.

On another note:

One of these was missing from my car.  It will hopefully be fixed by the weekend, so hurrah for that.