CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Traits, skills, etc, not in the HM,WT rules  (Read 123 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Traits, skills, etc, not in the HM,WT rules
« on: June 28, 2022, 02:29:42 PM »

Hey, listen up everybody.  When we switched over to using the new lifepath document, it's possible to get a bunch of new Traits/Skills which don't show up in our ruleset.  Ignore the skills: they aren't tracked in AtB and so just consider them to be added to your point pool (and then you keep every 3rd point, as normal).  But the Traits?  The Traits are found in the Classic BattleTech Companion, pgs 99-104.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/33vxzehcp6d67kt/BattleTech+10975+-+Classic+Battletech+Companion.pdf/file

ALL CREDIT TO PAUL, who not only has stepped up to CO, but reminded me that this book wasn't just a fluff book like MechWarrior's Guide to the Clans, but was actually a full-on rulebook.  I'd been looking at and referencing the OG FASA product, thinking that the Fanpro reprint and products were just that: a reprint and a fluff guide/Dungeon Masters Guidebook.  Mea Culpa.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Traits, skills, etc, not in the HM,WT rules
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 04:15:40 PM »

There are other added traits from the Fanpro line that were added in scattered books. so if there is one in particular you see, I can tell you which one it came from.