CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: April 3059 Contract Market  (Read 440 times)

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: April 3059 Contract Market
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2023, 08:42:06 AM »

We could vote to hold to May. Honestly none of them jump off the list as yeah we must take this. The issue right now are the numerous resources and units dedicated to hitting bulldog. We wont see as much outside of what we are seeing now short of a few unnamed events to avoid spoilers/breaking the 4th wall. We may see another contract next month for bulldog but no guarantee and we very likely won't see a closer one which again trying to not break the 4th wall. Was expecting to actually see bulldog action hence some jag painting but no they are not anywhere close to being done. They could be theoretically however but part of that comes down to painting exact units as we need them. Either way at this point no more minis to jags for time being anyway.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 09:51:43 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

ADHDtv

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2023, 09:31:46 AM »

I'm fine to wait until may and see if anything jumps out to us there, Maorun honestly sounds like a trap, and Condor would be okay as Rob said because at least its a short contract and we can be out again soonish.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2023, 09:53:17 AM »

I am thinking we have a change of venue against a new enemy. Clan is nice, but given a few of us want toys that are unavailable atm here in CC space, may be best to sit this month out and go to May. I am hoping to go against dracs to try for more omni mechs that way.

Will we have retirement rolls in May? Couple of us are unsure if thats a thing or if it was just for long contracts. Plus retirements are currently only as written for "end of contract after 3rd" and "4 full months out of contract"

It was why I wanted to avoid going out to May initially, but if its not a thing, then we should just advance to May and look for contracts there. From here, we jump to Weekapaug and get there prior to first so those who want C3 can purchase a set, or anything that FS may have that CC does not.

Update for May 1st. TO&E have ages for ALL personnel updated, XP pages updated for Lancer and unit.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 10:53:02 AM by deadlyfire2345 »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2023, 11:31:49 AM »

So in order.
Today is April 18th, DM between Rob and I for advancing and generating last night.

We are leaving St Ives to go to closes FS planet (Weekapaug, roughly 9 days travel)

Generate Markets (both personnel and contract)

All personnel (outside the TO&E) please update your ages for your personnel and do random XP checks. Looks like one in Marigold has a pilot that reached 60 so please deal with that when you can.

Don't do acquisitions until time actually advances is all I ask, for May rather
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 12:14:39 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2023, 08:03:39 PM »

The only mission I would think about is CONDOR.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2023, 08:47:25 PM »

I was leaning Condor but would accept Bulldog-Avon.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2023, 02:29:46 AM »

Anything else you're willing to share on how we should read the contracts? 

I'll copy/paste this over into the Rules thread so it can be used as a reference.

Reading Contract Terms

Against the Bot pulls its contract generation system largely from Field Manual Mercenaries (Revised), FanPro 10977.  The charts which govern most contract terms can be found in the "Running A Mercenary Force" chapter, beginning on page 153. 

Contract terms are set by several sliding scales; each contract term is weighted by a combination of contract TYPE (raid, planetary assault, garrison duty, etc), the EMPLOYER (the faction offering the contract), and the DRAGOONS RATING of the mercenary unit in question.  Each contract term is randomly generated, and then adjusted by approximately the values listed in Master Contract Terms Table A.  Being a computer program, AtB allows for a somewhat finer degree of fidelity than the strictly analog system found in FM Mercs.

As a matter of practice, a C-rated mercenary command can expect the following very rough averages in their contract monetary terms prior to modifiers for things like contract type :
Overhead Compensation: 0-100% (increments of none, half, and full only)
Salvage: 10-40%
Straight Support: 30-60%
Battle Loss Compensation: 25-45%
Transport: 0-55%

These percentages can increase or decrease sharply depending on the employer.  While FM Mercs uses a GM-based bidding system to provide variance, and AtB used to allow for a number of rerolls based on your CO skill ratings and administrator skill, AtB after version 0.47 simply seems to add percentage points to the various contract terms, although the specific math remains functionally black-boxed in the Java code.  Using the FM Mercs guidelines, then, and discounting the employer, contract type, and whatever bonuses appear as a result of CO/admin skill, an A-rated (not an A*) mercenary command should expect the following rough averages in their contract monetary terms:
Overhead Compensation: 0-100% (increments of none, half, and full only)
Salvage: 40-60%
Straight Support: 40-70%
Battle Loss Compensation: 30-50%
Transport: 25-75%

(Not all contracts offer both Straight Support AND Battle Loss Compensation; many offer only one or the other, and the roll to determine whether it's one or both is independent of any other modifiers whatsoever.)

Values above this range are less common, and will appear significantly less frequently the further from this range they go.  Note that modifiers can affect things greatly.  Assuming that the rolls were ported directly across to AtB, for example, simply taking on a Pirate Hunting mission can increase an otherwise average Salvage term result of 40%, to a term of 60%, prior to any bonuses from the CO or Admin which may be present in the system.

Enemy Ratings post 3050

As far as I can determine, this is more or less how AtB breaks down the Ally and OPFOR equipment ratings:

A: Mostly brand new, mostly top of the line, or just-released, equipment.  A well supplied frontline OmniMech force with few, if any, 2nd line Mechs.
B: Mostly FoundTech, but not necessarily top of the line equipment. Some older machines, with a few IntroTech Mechs and a few just-released Mechs.  A lower end frontline OmniMech force, with a few 2nd line Mechs
C: Some FoundTech, little of it top of the line.  A typical Clan garrison force, with mostly 2nd line machines and a few Omnis, mostly in command positions
D: FoundTech is mostly only for commanders or aces, and most units are IntroTech.  A poorly supplied Clan garrison unit, perhaps with no Omnis at all, and some Star League gear
F: Almost entirely IntroTech, and a greater preponderance of conventional units. A totally rear echelon or sohlama Clan unit, possibly including IntroTech Mechs.

Note that this is not ironclad.  It is entirely possible to see a Star of 5 Stormcrows generated in a C-rated Clan force.  But it's much less likely to get generated there than in an A-rated force.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2023, 07:14:06 AM »

Touch down on Weekapaug on 27 April, 3059.
Pages: 1 [2]