CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: FUSILIER Mission 5 - 11/24/3059  (Read 994 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
FUSILIER Mission 5 - 11/24/3059
« on: December 17, 2023, 08:43:36 AM »

Due to the presence of the FedCom extraction targets, there are no reinforcements for this mission.  Map size and type are fixed.  Map layout is as follows:

NORTH
[] [] []
[] [] []
[] [] []
SOUTH

Center mapsheet is the outpost.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: FUSILIER Mission 5 - 11/24/3059
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 09:08:28 AM »

Mini

Same usual drac mini
Ku
Firestarter omni
Daikyu
Wolverine

Fed
Javelin in blue
Die Clanner!!!!

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 11:43:22 AM »

Salvage sheet.

For those wondering, I have been adding things clan side and updating prices of all mechs to reflect the values in MML.
This is the current updated salvage sheet with all clan mechs seen in a mission since I began adding them to the sheet separately.

Also turret sheet for this mission.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 08:36:10 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

Battlemaster

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 10:16:04 AM »

Since it looks like I am mission leader, no rerolls and generate. Didn’t catch the light fog. Want to talk with lances in the mission first.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 10:53:26 AM by Battlemaster »

Battlemaster

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2023, 05:54:11 PM »

Please reroll weather.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 01:05:14 PM »

Please reroll weather.

Clear
Calm
None

1 reroll remaining

Battlemaster

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 03:19:14 PM »

Please generate.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 09:05:28 AM »

NORTH

SOUTH

Maps
Open Terrain 3 ................Grasslands 2...................Open Terrain 2
Open Terrain 2 New..........River Commcenter............Open Terrain 3
Battletech........................River Valley.....................Hilltops 1*

**Hilltops 1 is from the Clan Invasion Boxed Set. I hope someone else has it, because mine is BURIED

Deployment
Primary OPFOR: Divide the Primary OPFOR into 6 lances of 4 Mechs each (in order).  Each Lance deploys into any one of Zones Red 1-10.  Only a single lance may deploy into Zone R1 AND R2.  This single lance deploys alongside Local Reinforcements.

OPFOR Reinforcements:  Enters anywhere desired on the western map edge on Turn 6.

Local Forces: Deploys first.  All turrets deploy onto a "turret" hex on the River Commcenter Map.  Vehicle units must deploy adjacent to a building inside the walled area with 3 turret mounts, and may not deploy west of the 0600 hexrow.

Ranger Forces: After OPFOR Local Forces and Zone R1/R2 lance has deployed, the Rangers may choose to deploy a single lance through any Zones X1-X4.  After this is secretly chosen and written down, finish OPFOR deployment.  Ranger forces enter through the eastern map edge on their initiative on Turn 1.  No more than 2 lances may deploy into a single mapsheet.  If no lance deploys through X1-4, it deploys along with all other Ranger Lances.  If a lance deploys through X1-4, it deploys on the battlefield, alongside the board edge, in full hexes only, after all other OPFOR deployment and PRIOR to Turn 1, and may move normally beginning on Turn 1.  The Liasion deploys along with the local CO, following all of that lance's deployment options.

FedCom Units: Deploys anywhere within 3 hexes of the western board edge, after all OPFOR deployment has completed.

Environmental Conditions:
Tainted World: All lake water hexes are considered to be a Class 1 Hazardous Liquid.  Each submerged location on a Mech or vehicle suffers 1d6/2 damage whenever a unit enters a hex containing a Hazardous Liquid, or begins the Ground Movement Phase in such a hex.  Breach checks are still required; this liquid deals 2 pilot hits/round to a MechWarrior with a Breached Head Location, but does not provoke a consciousness check.  Battle Armor takes 1d6/2 damage per trooper per hex entered or per round (as above), but does not require a Breach check.  Conventional infantry takes double damage.  Finally, Hazardous Liquid mixing and Water Flow rules are NOT in play, as all the liquid on the board is identical.

Cleansing River:  River water hexes (ie, the contiguous water hexes running north-south across 3 central mapsheets), are not tainted, and act as normal water hexes. All water hexes including and north of Grasslands 2 hex 0711 are considered Depth 6, representing the untainted underground aquifer feeding the river.

Border Outpost: This is a semi-fortified outpost, functionally a border guard station.  As such, wall and turret tower CF is only 100 per hex, not the standard 200 points.  As a hardened military structure, AE attacks deal simply double their damage value against wall and turret tower CF, not "double x # of levels".  All building hexes roll as normal for basements; wall and tower hexes do not.

Battlefield Support:
Rangers: have air superiority, and therefore receive 36 points of BSP, which may only be air defense, air attack options, and artillery HE shell options.

OPFOR forces: receive 2 heavy and 2 light air defense actions for no cost.

Victory Conditions
Rangers
1) Move as many FedCom units into evacuation zones Blue A, and B as possible, counting only full hexes, and have no active OPFOR units within 6 hexes.  A FedCom Unit can exit the board after spending 1 full turn in any hex of an evacuation zone.  At least 2 FedCom units are required to exit the board in order for the Rangers to have a victory at all.
2) Destroy, cripple, or render incapable of spending MP, at least 12 Primary OPFOR units, both artillery turrets, and any other 4 local force units.
3) Suffer no more than 10 Ranger units destroyed, crippled, or rendered incapable of spending MP by the end of the game.

OPFOR
1) Prevent more than 3 FedCom units from successfully evacuating
2) Destroy, cripple, or render incapable of spending MP, at least 8 Ranger units prior to Turn 12.
3) Destroy, cripple, or render incapable of spending MP, at least 3 Ironside Lance units - including any attached support units or the liaison- prior to Turn 12.

MISCELLANEOUS
1) Exiting the battlefield requires a unit to remain stationary at the board edge for 1 turn.  Only a single spent MP is required to move offboard (ie, the environmental MP penalties doesn't apply; or, more specifically, the Minimum Movement rule overrides it).  Convoy units may only exit from the southern board edge.

2) OPFOR MechWarriors will attempt to capture any ejected Ranger MechWarriors in this scenario, unless a Ranger BattleMech target in LOF is equally as close (or closer) than the ejected MechWarrior, or the Ranger BattleMech target is within 8 hexes and subject to a valid LOF in any case.  OPFOR MechWarriors will attempt to kill any ejected liaison pilots in this scenario; as long as no Ranger units are a valid target within LOF and within 8 hexes of the firing Draconis unit.  KIA liaisons can have contract implications later in the Contract.

3) OPFOR MechWarriors may freely target between FedCom and Ranger units.  Local forces will not fire on FedCom units if there is a Ranger unit which is a) closer, and b) in between the firing unit and the FedCom unit.  This includes direct-fire artillery attacks.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 08:47:37 AM by Darrian Wolffe »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2023, 09:25:20 AM »

Salvage breakdown for Unit XO and Charlie CO:
Jazz requests an assault (I know, shocker)
Omni mechs will still be given first priority to those who do not have, but would like one. (Jazz, Osiris, Ironsides, Fury, Marigold (if he shows up))
Like every other mission, those in this one do take priority as usual. Omni being the exception for the time being.
That is all.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 11:52:57 AM by deadlyfire2345 »

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 03:57:36 PM »

I've got that map, assuming it's on a date I can make it

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2023, 01:46:44 PM »

Can anyone NOT make January 13th?

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2023, 06:04:19 PM »

Logan will not be at this game. Lucas and I can be make it.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2024, 07:00:53 PM »

WE ARE PLAYING JANUARY 13th.  SEE GAME DATE POST IN THIS FORUM FOR DATES THROUGH MARCH.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2024, 07:41:54 AM »

I will print the sheets for OpFor.  Rob, go ahead and send me the SPAs when convenient.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2024, 09:34:08 PM »

Mini

Same usual drac mini
Ku
Firestarter omni
Daikyu
Wolverine

Fed
Javelin in blue

I can provide the following mini's:

1 Marauder in red
1 Gunslinger in white
1 Avatar in green
1 Man O War in tan/gray
1 Katana in white
2 Saladin hovercraft: one in red, one in black
2 Saracen hovercraft: one in tan/brown, one in green
2 Hetzer tanks: one in brown, one in gray
1 Demolisher in green
1 Spider in red or black
1 Owens in red
1 PHawk in blue/gray
1 Wolverine in red/black
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
Pages: [1] 2 3