CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Fusilier Solo - Foil Lance - 11/11/3059  (Read 259 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Fusilier Solo - Foil Lance - 11/11/3059
« on: December 17, 2023, 08:46:10 AM »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Fusilier Solo - Foil Lance - 11/11/3059
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 11:02:54 AM »

Salvage Sheet

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 11:43:24 AM »

Please reroll terrain, then light.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 01:43:52 PM »

Please reroll terrain, then light.

Terrain: Heavy Urban
Map: City-High

Light: Dusk/Dawn (short)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 11:44:23 AM »

Thats all my rerolls, please generate

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 07:18:24 PM »

NORTH

SOUTH

Maps:
City (Skyscraper)
City (Downtown)
City (Skyscraper)

Deployment
Primary OPFOR: Deploys second, within 3 hexes of the north map edge prior to Turn 1.

OPFOR Reinforcements: Enters the board anywhere along the south map edge on their initiative on Turn 7. 

Ranger Forces:  Deploys First on the center mapsheet, and may choose to designate up to 2 Mech units, including the liaison, to deploy via Hidden Unit rules.

Environmental Conditions
Dusk (short): All weapons fire suffers a +1 penalty to hit beginning on Turn 12.  Searchlights do not avoid this penalty, but All-weather Fighter (or the Night Vision Trait) does.  On Turn 16, normal Full Moon Night rules come into effect, including all normal searchlight rules.
Searchlight equipped OPFOR units: Lynx

Water By Whatever Japanese For Brita Is, Which Is Probably Just Brita: Water on these maps uses normal water rules; it is not tainted or hazardous in any unusual way.

Battlefield Support
none

Victory Conditions
Rangers
1) Destroy or render incapable of spending MP at least 5 units from the Primary OPFOR
2) Prevent more than 2 noncrippled primary OPFOR units from exiting via the south map edge.

OPFOR
1) Destroy, cripple, or render incapable of spending MP, at least 3 Ranger units, including the liaison.
2) Sucessfully exit at least 3 noncrippled units from the south map edge.

MISCELLANEOUS
1) Exiting the battlefield requires a unit to remain stationary at the board edge for 1 turn.  Only a single spent MP is required to move offboard (ie, the environmental MP penalties doesn't apply; or, more specifically, the Minimum Movement rule overrides it).  Convoy units may only exit from the southern board edge.

2) OPFOR MechWarriors will attempt to capture any ejected Ranger MechWarriors in this scenario, unless a Ranger BattleMech target in LOF is equally as close (or closer) than the ejected MechWarrior, or the Ranger BattleMech target is within 8 hexes and subject to a valid LOF in any case.  OPFOR MechWarriors will attempt to kill any ejected liaison pilots in this scenario; as long as no Ranger units are a valid target within LOF and within 8 hexes of the firing Draconis unit.  KIA liaisons can have contract implications later in the Contract.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2024, 10:19:43 PM »

To whom should I be sending SPAs, please?

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 10:31:48 PM »

To whom should I be sending SPAs, please?

Me, thanks

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2024, 07:15:54 AM »

SPAs sent

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2024, 08:29:25 PM »

Brief summery:

Foil won, wolftrap taken, lancelot got 3 engine  crits, lost a shoulder on the Ku. 2 pilots taken

AAR to follow after game tomorrow.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2024, 01:03:41 PM »

Nov 11, 3059

DCMS forces had been running many more scouting forces recently, as if they are getting more despite to find those FedCom we were sent here to support. Foil was dispatched to intercept such a force, and upon long range sensor contact the force diverted towards a major population center Foil was near.  Lawyer took her lance into an intercept position, and made a quick ambush. The majority of DCMS chose a single lane to run down, lead by the Raptor. The Raptor was ambushed by myself in my quickdraw, and while I did some damage it was not grouped together enough. Puddles than ran her Lanclolt, while she had recently completed heavy mech training to pilot, into the middle line of the Wolverine and Wolf Trap and set off a grand melee.

The liaison was able to drop the raptor after blocking its path, but the Hitman ran by both Myself and Oracle's Axman and was gone. Then, a lucky shot on the Lynx's back found an ammo bin, having two mechs downed by myself. Puddles was not so lucky, and the Wolf Trap and Wolverine combined together to deal an engine hit to the mech. Continued fighting shifted evermore southward, as the Phoenix Hawks came over to join the group as well. Breaking away from a full medium lance, Puddles was able to hit the Wolf Trap and shut its engine down before taking three engine crits herself.

On the other side of the battlefield, the Adder came to an intersection with a 50% change of finding Cushion in her Ku. The Adder went down the safe road, and so Cushion activated her mech and came to join me in battling the Wolverine and Phoenix Hawks. One of the Phoenix Hawks decided to sacrifice itself so hopefully the other two mechs could get away, and changed into my back while I was fighting the Wolverine. Cushion's support was critical in taking both the Wolverine and one Phoenix Hawk down. A support force had at this time moved intt the area, and Oracle and the liaison battled these, killing a Vedette. Oracle shoved the other Phoenix Hawk down, slowing it just enough so that it could not get the info back to its commanders. In the closing seconds  a Wasp attempted to DFA me, but lost its leg thinks to Cushion.

Final review showed that we had prevented enough of the scouting force from getting through, though at the lost of repairs to the Lancelot and Ku who now has a fused shoulder. We took the Wolf Trap, as some simple repairs should get it up an running again. Success for the Rangers, and the pretender has been delt another blow.