CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: January 3060 Contract Market  (Read 447 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
January 3060 Contract Market
« on: January 18, 2024, 06:57:16 PM »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: January 3060 Contract Market
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 06:57:29 PM »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 06:57:47 PM »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 06:58:02 PM »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 07:01:02 PM »

Here's the planetary information for Contract 3, Operation FIREBALL.  Sorry about that; forgot to click over to the new planet.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 08:04:25 PM »

Locations:
Castle Bravo:
Cyrton in Taurion space

Hammer:
Grumium in FRR space

Fireball:
Acubens in FWL space

Tora:
Alioth in Lyran space

Among contracts however:
Not liking Cyrton for just being in Periphery regions
Do not like the idea of working with the Dracs again after not getting a bonus, so Alioth is meh.

Hammer has good pay, but unsure what FRR A rated will generate.

Fireball is something I have been considering due to long contract.

I am down to skip though.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 08:17:01 PM »

My bet is FRR means Comstar troops.  I'm game. Keeps us where the action is.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 08:21:11 PM »

I dont like any of these entirely all that great.

The garrison is a nice cushy job until shit hits the fan and we have the 5th donegal dropped on us with day 1 recruits not even sorted into bunks.... We net something like 4m starting plus 700k I think each month so cash is nice but its over 18months. That is a long time to be on one planet. It can be done and probably wouldnt be terrible but worth it not so sure.

Scrap the TC mission altogether as its in ass end of space

I dont care so much for hammer as its in the freezing cold and we are getting 1st deployment greenhorns in which we are fighting decently good people but god knows if we see 3050 tech on the higher end for not much better than the assault. Could potentially be comstar garrison and bulldog variants in some cases

I would argue the assault as we have great allies with gear to help offset the opfor hopefully some. Terms are about as low as I would recommend we take in any situation and the cash isnt terrible but certainly not as good as the garrison.

I wouldnt mind skipping as well tbh but if we had to take one my vote is the assault since its close, in LA space to go for clan tech, good stuff from a good faction that probably would drop in some clantech on its own.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 09:46:26 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2024, 10:23:26 PM »

Ok, my two kroner.  CASTILE BRAVO is a hard no. Cyrton's motto should be "If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that is farthest from."

HAMMER is a strong maybe.  It's a raid against A grade equipment run by Vets.  The 40%/40% salvage/BLC isn't great, but not bad.  The allies we'd likely mostly screen out to avoid battlefield losses, but we stand pretty strong on our own especially considering this is a raid, not an assault.  Short duration and the Lyrans have been generous with post contract bonuses.  House command makes it more questionable.  On the flip side, there's a chance we see Ghost Bear gear which could be a plus.  High chance of solos, definitely a plus as well.

FIREBALL is a strong maybe.  At 16 months it's short for a garrison contract as I recall, would cover 2 annual XP checks, has good salvage if we need it, allies are  Regs in 3025 equipment.  Money's decent and makes a good time to restock on actuators, arms, torsos, etc.  Nice change of pace, Independent command - no worries about contract hits for dead liaisons.

TORA is a no for me.  It's 30%/30% on a planetary assault.  It's House command under the Dracs who don't believe in post contract bonuses and the money's better in HAMMER.  Really everything is better in HAMMER unless you're really looking for top of the line allies who'll be trying to steal your glory, not sure what the appeal would be.

I could skip this month, but not sure we're going to see notably better contract options.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2024, 10:41:09 PM »

after not getting a bonus

Bonus: no one got shot and the Dracs didn't assault our dropship

Seriously, I'm Hammer or skip this month

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2024, 10:52:17 PM »

FWIW, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what A-rated FRR equipment in 3060 looks like.  Might be Comstar stuff.  Might be high-end Lyran stuff.  Might be Clan salvage. Might be leftovers from the Ronin War.  I don't have the first clue.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2024, 11:07:26 PM »

I'd jump on the Hammer bandwagon. Fine with skipping too, but no guarantees it gets better.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2024, 12:50:29 AM »

FWIW, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what A-rated FRR equipment in 3060 looks like.  Might be Comstar stuff.  Might be high-end Lyran stuff.  Might be Clan salvage. Might be leftovers from the Ronin War.  I don't have the first clue.

LOTS of Comguard, some homemade stuff like the Beowulf and Viking, some clan gear, and a fair bit of DC and lyran hand-me-downs

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2024, 06:02:08 AM »

Dan seems mostly right.  This RAT is some sort of unholy mess of like 5 different factions.  Since it's a snow day for Eli and I have time, I went ahead, created a separate save file, accepted the FRR contract, and advanced time to generate some missions and therefore some sample OPFORs.  A-class FRR looks like they pull from the A-class RATs of the Lyrans, the Dracs, Comstar, AND occasionally Clans.  So here's the sort of thing that you kids would be looking at. 

It's also worth nothing that the FRR is reknowned for its aerospace support.  They run small (4-plane) squadrons, but there's lots of them.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2024, 06:29:54 AM »

Frr might be good short contract then based on those

Skip or frr

Also really a jager 3 lol
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 08:51:02 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!