CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: HAMMER Mission 1 - 04/06/3060  (Read 1221 times)

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: HAMMER Mission 1 - 04/06/3060
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2024, 07:53:16 PM »

AAR:
Coming in from the North, with Paladin and Fury pushing the front, began to assault the enemy base. Working on disabling the base turrets, each lance focused separate turrets, taking out the RLs while the launchers failed to connect. During the slog through the trees and hills, Lancer and Fire was slowly making their way towards the Sough. Fire began to take heavy fire from the enemy artillery, including a quad AIV launcher. The fight did not began to get serious until all teams began to meet in the middle. Fire lost both the elemental team and a squad of BA from the artillery that seemed to always find its mark. Kranz ended up falling to a fist fire shot to the head from the Titan.
Artillery fire from the rangers ended up connecting on a line of tanks in the South, causing fair damage to all units, and disabling one in the proccess. All ASF units had their sorties blocked by enemy units. Lancer met up with the assault mechs that was sitting in the center base, where SGT Kranz went in with a hot Ti Ts'ang, ready to deal fair damage to the Titan. Meyer, in the Cerberus, continued to work on the turrets, finally getting range onto the Arrow IV launcher, and taking it out swiftly. Paladin, along with the allied units, worked on the units that ran up the East flank. The enemy unit held their own really well against Paladin until Ehreschuld showed up shortly behind the rest of the unit.
A Maxim lost control and ended up being tangled in the trees, forcing the Kanazuchi out to deal with the remaining artillery fire. The Blitzkriegs ran through the West line into the center base and began to fire on Meyer, missing the bulk of the shots. During this time, Fury had a pilot killed by a gauss from a demon that survived the previous artillery fire. Paladin CO had head destroyed by fire as well, but was somehow able to survive the onslaught. Enemy reinforcements entered the board, but a lone locust survived in the end. The Rangers won the battle by the skin of our teeth. With not only heavy damage to our mechs, but heavy losses from the dead pilots and (Potentially serious) injured Paladin CO.

Pilots dead:
SGT Sam Kranz (Lancer)
SGT Irene Thomas (Fury)
SGT Paulina Trettel (Paladin)

Infantry deaths:
Astrid Wiggins (Elemental Laser)
Walter White (BA MG)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 12:50:25 AM by Darrian Wolffe »

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2024, 12:29:40 PM »

4/6/60

Location - Field HQ/Repair Park
Time -1800 HRS

The AO of Op1 cleared not to long after the FRR units broadcast intent to end hostility. Lancer actual accepted ending the current fight. Seeing the drone and logistical feeds not long after I can understand why. Mechs that should still be upright shown now face first a stone along the ground. Data feeds show flat lines for several a more than logical explanation for those machines and more. Inei several among his command would be counted among those.

Mechs and vehicles taking the place of those who had fought and secured it prior cleared the way for the normalcy of the after action routine. Not so routine this time seeing the butcher bill. Powered down, ears ringing and bloody nose now dry the BDA began. Taking nearly 30 tons of armor damage and internal damage between his force the techs could bitch about for all he cared. Having to do the next part was also normal but again not. Off he would go to debrief the CO and check on the remainder of the unit.

Entering the tent he gave a quick salute to those above and below rank.

Inei would go on to recount his portion through eye blur, dizziness, headache of the battle deliver the guncam footages for review. He would also relay that several among his lance will be making shortly for the medbay. There are clear symptoms of TBI in which even he himself still clearly exhibit, showcase, and may have had pointed out by the lance doctor. "I suggest any who took considerable artillery fire be reviewed before being cleared for duty. I am going to get out of here before I can't make it to battalion med." Before leaving he managed a small smile. "I give that a 3 out of 10 don't recommend begrudgingly standing as bait for the artillery to target." Smile fading "Damage is fixable but we couldn't find much in way of intact remains for the battle armor groups. The lance doctor is helping ID what she can. Wrong place, wrong time what more can you say?"

Die Clanner!!!!

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2024, 01:49:02 PM »

"Given the hail fire from the near inaccessible Artillery turret, we were in a bind from the start, given that only the infantry died from Fire was quite a feat in of itself. Being unable to destroy it sooner ended up hindering movement on that flank, leaving Fury and Lancer in a bind that led to unfortunate losses among their own pilots. Hearing that Paladin also lost a pilot while trying to defend the East with the allies was a painful blow to the unit readiness." Meyer exclaims after the battle while losses were being tallied.

"Hopefully future markets will be kind and giving us the ability to replace lost personnel for the coming challenges during the contract."

With the lost limbs on Lancers unit, Meyer wonders if he will be able to get his repairs done in a timely manner, even with the limited damage on Cronus. Seeing the loss of the weapons on the Ti Ts'ang and them being inaccessible on the markets at this time, Meyer decides to hail a call from his contact in St. Ives to replace the lost weapons and head. Hopefully something good can come from this exchange.
Pages: 1 2 [3]