CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: HAMMER Mission 3 - 05/23/3060  (Read 1241 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
HAMMER Mission 3 - 05/23/3060
« on: March 18, 2024, 02:27:40 AM »

This is NOT an airdrop mission.  The Dictator is on the ground.  At your option, it can either stay powered up and shoot and be a viable target, or it can shut down as the attack begins and may not be deliberately attacked...but if you lose the scenario you lose the DropShip.  Drift-capable attacks can also drift into the DropShip, regardless of its status.

The OPFOR *will* have heavy airpower in this scenario.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: HAMMER Mission 3 - 05/23/3060
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 08:11:52 AM »

For those about to die we salute you.

Preferences on terrain people? Do we want more firing lanes or less? I'm thinking roll for heavy urban to limit firing lanes and force pavement rolls.

Also I'm assuming I get at min 1 reinforcement but is there chance of 2?

That is a scary ass opfor. 10 gauss 2 heavy larges plus ac20/uac20 heavy lasers

Also is it possible to start this game earlier than usual with how big this will end up as and the definitive nature?

Also hoping we somehow get hidden units lol

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 08:36:19 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 09:55:49 AM »

Rerolling terrain won't impact map size right?

If not reroll for heavy urban
Die Clanner!!!!

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 10:16:15 AM »

Salvage sheet
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 06:24:36 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 10:48:09 AM »

Questions:

1. for the Lyran Alliance destroyed mechs, is it 1 point contract hit per mech or if the entire lance is lost it's 1 point?  The Gallowglas is clear.
2. can the dropship be powered down after mission start and have it's status changed?
3. can the dropship be powered up after mission start?  I'm guessing that powering up a dropship takes a lot longer than the 1 turn it would take to power up a mech, but that's just a guess.
4. if powered down (or up), can one or more of the loading bay doors for the dropship be open to allow civilians to move on board?  If allowed I would think that for the dropship to retain the benefit of it's powered down status as non-combatant, any unit that enters the dropship effectively needs to remove itself as a combatant and arguably considered salvage along with the dropship if the battle is lost.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 11:01:12 AM »

Preferences on terrain people? Do we want more firing lanes or less? I'm thinking roll for heavy urban to limit firing lanes and force pavement rolls.

<snip>

Also is it possible to start this game earlier than usual with how big this will end up as and the definitive nature?

Urban maps may not force the pavement rolls you're hoping for given last missions city maps weren't subject to them.  There are certainly other reasons to use those maps, but if skid checks are your driving motivator, you may be disappointed.

We're certainly open to starting the game sooner.  Ryan and I usually arrive about 9.  Mike I expect would be most impacted with a time change.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 12:13:36 PM »

<snip>

Urban maps may not force the pavement rolls you're hoping for given last missions city maps weren't subject to them.  There are certainly other reasons to use those maps, but if skid checks are your driving motivator, you may be disappointed.

We're certainly open to starting the game sooner.  Ryan and I usually arrive about 9.  Mike I expect would be most impacted with a time change.

Was a bonus vs deciding choice. I'd prefer limited movement and firing lanes on units that can't jump. Longer to target and later to the fight in most cases. Yes there are factors as jj or indirect fire or craziness of walking through terrain. I'd opt to force those vs let them bring the reinforced company into a fun firing line all at once. As a co we have to tip what we can in favor as much as we can.  Due to nature of the fight and obj we see forced to take light or heavy urban and well light urban might still get those benefits its not going to be as likely.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 08:12:14 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 01:23:45 PM »

Not a commentary on your choice. Just wanted to make sure you had the right information.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 01:43:09 PM »

Not a commentary on your choice. Just wanted to make sure you had the right information.

I know was more clarification vs surface. In honesty in the face of adversity and fear a draw can be a win.
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 03:26:42 PM »

I would dearly love to start games sooner.  People have to be able to get there on time, though.  Can they?

Also I'm assuming I get at min 1 reinforcement but is there chance of 2?

I'm kind of holding on this until I get a firmer idea of how many people can make it, due to the large numbers of units already on the board.

Questions:
1. for the Lyran Alliance destroyed mechs, is it 1 point contract hit per mech or if the entire lance is lost it's 1 point?  The Gallowglas is clear.
2. can the dropship be powered down after mission start and have it's status changed?
3. can the dropship be powered up after mission start?  I'm guessing that powering up a dropship takes a lot longer than the 1 turn it would take to power up a mech, but that's just a guess.
4. if powered down (or up), can one or more of the loading bay doors for the dropship be open to allow civilians to move on board?  If allowed I would think that for the dropship to retain the benefit of it's powered down status as non-combatant, any unit that enters the dropship effectively needs to remove itself as a combatant and arguably considered salvage along with the dropship if the battle is lost.

1) 1 point contract hit if more than 50% of the Lyran Alliance units are lost NOT INCLUDING the Gallowglas
2) You can.  It requires 30 seconds (3 Turns) to power down a DropShip. It remains a viable target until powered down completely.
3) You can. It requires 1 minute (6 Turns) to power up a DropShip.  Once it begins powering up it becomes a viable target.
4) As one of the mission objectives for the OPFOR in all Base Defense missions is explicitly to destroy civilian units, if you move civvies into the DropShip, then the DropShip becomes a viable target regardless of its powered status.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 04:42:46 PM »

Can we fight inside the dropship?  I kind of want to use the rules I was responsible for creating

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2024, 04:46:13 PM »

Can we fight inside the dropship?  I kind of want to use the rules I was responsible for creating

As local co and delta co ... NO
Die Clanner!!!!

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2024, 08:39:55 PM »

As local co and delta co ... NO

You're no fun.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2024, 08:49:06 AM »

Notice I left it open to unit co to decide lol

I don't think we get a better map size tbh but it will be an issue on base placement. Thats out of my control since atb places the maps though.

Reroll terrain if missed to heavy urban. I figured this all won't be resolved until end of week regardless.

Also what is the map size 4.5x3.5, 4x4, 4x3, 5x3 something else lol? Trying to get an idea of the map size is going to screw us but the above statement still applies.

Also can we get a head count for GM to speed things up?

Faster we figure out head count the faster we can find out reinforcement situation.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 09:32:55 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2024, 04:08:42 PM »

Ryan and I will be there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5