CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: HAMMER Mission 3 - 05/23/3060  (Read 1252 times)

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: HAMMER Mission 3 - 05/23/3060
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2024, 07:16:28 AM »

So team does our current map look awesome or what? Fitting terrain for the mission. I'm assuming as its an airfield we will have x fighters on runway to start....also expect dropship on one of the actual drop spaces would be my guess. Also enemy from the east with 4 starting means probably 1 per map. As far as if not then my guess is unlimited sorties wood.

Ok seriously what do ppl think of the map I can see killzones etc but there isn't a ton of useful cover and they have well ranged firepower....

I'm leaning keep for the trueness of the mission pending the asf issue but ppl better chime in otherwise lol
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2024, 01:55:37 AM »

OK, I figured out what's going on with the ASFs.

From what I can gather, on defense missions involving an airfield, some of your ASFs will deploy on the runways, and can take off using standard TW takeoff rules, before being added to your BSP allotment.  Which means that they can be shot at until they've taken off.  The relevant rules are on TW, pg 88.  The short version is that your ASF has to taxi (at 1/2 safe thrust) to the runway, counting as a wheeled vehicle, and there needs to be 10+ empty hexes of runway in a straight line, because ASFs are VSTOL-compliant units.  Takeoff requires no PSR.  Only 1 ASF can take off from a runway in a turn.  That's it.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2024, 08:50:08 AM »

Well that kills that map kind of. Even our fastest fighter has safe thrust of only 3. Placement zones could change that since its 3+ runways but if it's moving more than 1 space and a turn those fighters die pretty much. Not sure how they deploy on runway but have to taxi still though. If they started in the middle concrete area between all 3 and had free placement within and could take off from any part of the runway it touches it can work. Not willing to lose the fighters if thats not the case and would force reroll. Like if they deployed from south there's time not from east.
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2024, 09:32:41 AM »

If its too outside of the mission knowledge to figure out where we want them parked on the tarmac then reroll
Die Clanner!!!!

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2024, 12:09:18 PM »

For reference, I am going to print out everything on the unit side (given I have half printed already) so if someone who will be on Opfor wants to print the Opfor units, please do so. I can print them as needed as well, since I do have a laserjet on hand.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2024, 12:44:34 PM »

Well that kills that map kind of. Even our fastest fighter has safe thrust of only 3. Placement zones could change that since its 3+ runways but if it's moving more than 1 space and a turn those fighters die pretty much. Not sure how they deploy on runway but have to taxi still though. If they started in the middle concrete area between all 3 and had free placement within and could take off from any part of the runway it touches it can work. Not willing to lose the fighters if thats not the case and would force reroll. Like if they deployed from south there's time not from east.

ASF and DropShip deployment would look very similar to this.  Red hex is the DropShip, stars are ASFs deployment hexes.  But remember, you guys are deploying pretty much centralized on the map as well; if they're in range to shoot your ASFs, they're in range of your Mechs as well.

This is one time I'm irritated that we don't have more tables.  Strictly speaking, there should be a 4th east-west map.  But we simply can't fit the thing.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2024, 12:59:04 PM »

Looks like only 2 ASFs would start on the sheet.  Randomized.  I've started the mission 4 times and it's only ever 2 ASFs.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2024, 02:13:10 PM »

Reroll map

Many concerns, unit co concerns, pc forces also showing concern. Let's go ahead and take the bad gut feeling and say no thanks lol

I really was liking this until that deployment and I agree had it been turned to attack from south not east or an extra map longer to east. Potentially if it needed to be done a half shorter toward the west side. That would've given a semi more feasible yes.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 02:20:47 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2024, 12:48:57 AM »

Reroll map

This is your last reroll, so generating.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2024, 02:05:27 AM »

NORTH

SOUTH

Maps
City Skyscraper..............Military Base 2........Military Base 1
Airport (Jon Custom).....DropPort 2...............CityTech
Forward Base...............DropPort 1...............CityTech
Seaport......................DropPort 1...............City Downtown

Player Assignments:
Fire + support units
Norbotten
Spectre
Marigold
Reinforcement + Turrets  - assume Blitz
Steiner Allied Lance + Liaison
Reinforcement 2 + Civilians
7 PCs

OPFOR
x6 Lances
6 NPCs

13 Players
Mike
Brandon
Taelor
Rob
Steve
Paul
Bryan
Dan
Hat
Ryan
Seth
Ryan IIC
Jordan

Deployment
Base Turrets Deploys first, before OPFOR deployment choices are made.  Each standard weapon turret must deploy onto a blue star hex, and is considered to be on top of any structure in that hex.  The artillery turret must deploy onto any hollow blue star hex, with identical elevation rules.

OPFOR Force 1: Prior to game, divides their force into lances (lances are in order; 1st 4 units constitute 1 lance, etc).  Each lance enters through one of Zones Red 1, 2, 3, and 4, but only two lances may use adjacent zones (if Lance 1 enters through Red 1, and Lance 2 enters through Red 2, Lance 3 MUST enter through Red *4*).  The specific zone need not be chosen until you enter the board.

OPFOR Force 2: Prior to game, divides their force into a 2-lance section, and a 1-lance section (lances are in order; 1st 4 units constitute 1 lance, etc).  They must note which subsection is entering via Deployment Red A and Red B.  They move onto the board through these hexes on Turn 1.

Ranger Forces: Deploy after OPFOR deployment choices are made.  Each lance, including the Allied Lance, deploys into a numbered Blue zone (1-8).  A total of 3 lances may deploy into zones Blue 1-4.  A total of 3 Lances may deploy into zones 5-8.  Allies and Liaison units deploy during this step, and deploy exactly as a Ranger force (the liaison must deploy either in the same zone as the Local CO, or the same zone as the remainder of the Steiner forces).

Civilian Units:  Deploys alongside Ranger units.  Each civilian unit deploys into one of Purple Zones (1-8).  The 9th unit may deploy into any desired purple zone.  Only infantry platoons may enter or deploy inside buildings during this mission.

Ranger Reinforcements: Up to 2 Ranger BattleMech lances may be deployed as reinforcements.  Prior to deployment, each lance must be assigned 1 mapsheet which contains Blue R hexes.  On their designated turn, 1 Mech deploys adjacent to a Blue R hex on that mapsheet.  Only a single Mech may deploy adjacent to each Blue R hex.

OPFOR Reinforcements: 1 Lance of reinforcements may enter through Red A or Red 1, 1 Lance of reinforcements may enter through Red 4 or Red B.  These units move onto the board during their designated turn.

Environmental Conditions
Pavement: All full hexes - or partial paved hexes up against another partial paved hex - which clearly resemble pavement, or are clearly roads (in the case of the Forward Base and Airport), are standard pavement.

DropShip Neutrality: The Dictator-class DropShip Celebrimbor begins the game on the ground.  At the local CO's option, it can either stay powered up and shoot and be a viable target, or it can shut down as the attack begins (prior to game) and may not be deliberately attacked...but if you lose the scenario you lose the DropShip.  Drift-capable attacks can also drift into the DropShip, regardless of its status.  It requires 30 seconds (3 Turns) to power down a DropShip. It remains a viable target until powered down completely.  It requires 1 minute (6 Turns) to power up a DropShip.  Once it begins powering up it becomes a viable target.  It may not fire until Turn 4 of its power-up sequence.  If powered, the DropShip may take off during the scenario, using standard VTOL rules (TW pg ~88), but not prior to the movement phase of Turn 10 in any case.  Units may not enter or exit or especially fight inside the DropShip.  Dan.

Battlefield Support
The Numenorean Rangers must allocate 4 ASFs to be defensive sorties only (@ x2 sorties per fighter).  The other 2 ASFs may be deployed as or if you wish.  Rangers do not have access to minefields or off-board artillery in this scenario.

OPFOR gain 36 BSP to spend on offensive air support only. Air attacks may not directly target a civilian unit or a powered-down DropShip, unless that unit is in the path of a strafe attack which includes at least 2 other opposed units. 

Victory Conditions
Rangers
1) Destroy, force the withdrawal of, or render incapable of spending MP, 6 units from FRR Force 1.
2) Destroy, force the withdrawal of, or render incapable of spending MP, 6 units from FRR Force 2.
3) At the end of the scenario, ensure that you have at least 2 Fire Lance BattleMechs capable of spending MP.
4) Ensure the Liaison unit survives and is capable of spending MP at the end of the scenario

OPFOR
1) Destroy, force the Withdrawal of, or render incapable of spending MP, at least 10 Ranger BattleMechs, including at least 2 Fire Lance Mechs.
2) Destroy all of the base defense turrets, and the artillery turret.
3) Destroy, force the Withdrawal of, or render incapable of spending MP, the Steiner Liaison and at least 2 Allied Lance Mechs.
4) Destroy or disable (render incapable of takeoff) the Dictator DropShip.  If the DropShip is powered down, this objective is changed to: Destroy, force the Withdrawal of, or render incapable of spending MP, at least 5 civilian units.

MISCELLANEOUS
1) Exiting the battlefield requires a unit to remain stationary at the board edge for 1 turn.  Only a single spent MP is required to move offboard (ie, the environmental MP penalties doesn't apply; or, more specifically, the Minimum Movement rule overrides it).

2) OPFOR MechWarriors will attempt to capture any ejected Ranger MechWarriors in this scenario, unless a Ranger BattleMech target in LOF is equally as close (or closer) than the ejected MechWarrior, or the Ranger BattleMech target is within 8 hexes and subject to a valid LOF in any case.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2024, 02:21:15 AM »

You Duke Boys your way up one Mule, screw up and pin an Orion to the wall and no one let's you forget it.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2024, 08:07:50 AM »

Rob and Mike you've drawn the lucky straws

Mike can confirm
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 09:18:14 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2024, 03:24:33 PM »

Mike can confirm

Wait what? Is this payback for the no fun thing?

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2024, 04:25:31 PM »

Mike can confirm

Wait what? Is this payback for the no fun thing?

Already had you both in mind due to lance comp but oh boy that's an added bonus
Die Clanner!!!!

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2024, 10:00:31 AM »

Since Ryan starts on thr board, he has access to his tanks and infantry right?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5