CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: July 18th Game  (Read 3769 times)

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
July 18th Game
« on: June 27, 2015, 04:06:12 PM »

I'm getting this posted to let everyone know that I will be running something on the 18th.  This is just a placeholder post for now.  I'll update this post with additional details as I get them figured out.  As a heads up, I'll probably need to borrow some minis for this game.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: July 18th Game
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 12:47:30 PM »

I'll be out of town that weekend. Zero chance I make this.  :(

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 03:50:32 PM »

As Gencon is shortly after this, I will not be able to talk the wife into a second day in the month. I will very likely miss this game.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:51:32 AM »

I'm getting this posted to let everyone know that I will be running something on the 18th.  This is just a placeholder post for now.  I'll update this post with additional details as I get them figured out.  As a heads up, I'll probably need to borrow some minis for this game.

Much as I'd love to ruin something you created, I'll be getting back into town from a hockey camp during the week.  More or less zero chance I make this.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 04:52:26 PM »

Well a failed sump pump has resulted in most of my mapsheet collection suffering water damage, so depending on how well things dry out I may need to borrow some mapsheets for this as well.

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 06:39:38 PM »

Logan and I are available to play on the 18th.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 08:48:55 PM »

Well a failed sump pump has resulted in most of my mapsheet collection suffering water damage, so depending on how well things dry out I may need to borrow some mapsheets for this as well.

PM me with what you need.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 09:39:55 PM »

should be there
Die Clanner!!!!

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 10:26:31 PM »

Are we playing on July 18th?  If so, are we doing an oneshot game or play testing lances for Gencon?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 01:52:30 PM »

Confirming my attendance on the 18th.  however, I have a 4pm hockey game, so I'll have to leave at 3.  If you guys borrow anything from me, keep it and give it back at GenCon.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 11:50:53 PM »

I'll get the scenario for the 18th posted on either Monday or Tuesday.  Sorry about the last minute nature of all of this.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 11:56:20 PM »

so we are doing a scneario
Die Clanner!!!!

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 11:37:48 AM »

so we are doing a scneario

No one has told me anything to the contrary, so I'm going to continue prepping a scenario for Saturday at least.

Donegal Pride

• XO: Cincinnati Davionista Mafia
  • Foxtrot November Golf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 05:47:56 PM »

All right guys I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the game on Saturday will have to be postponed to another time. When John agreed to run this scenario he was really agreeing that the both of us would be designing this game, and here is in which the problem lies. Since there were two people trying to make this happen we had to work around both of our schedules to work on the scenario. We both kinda fucked up here, mostly me to be honest with you guys, in that we underestimated the time we would spend working/student-ing. What ended up happening is we came up with two great ideas, and the framework for these ideas but we didn't really have the time to work on the details; and as we all know details are what make and brake games. Because of the time crunch we are in, and the continued pressures of that obnoxious thing called real life we felt that we couldn't complete a scenario in the time we have that would be of the level of quality that this group enjoys and expects. SO to make a long meandering post short the game will have to be pushed back and both John and I are really sorry about this.
As of now we are thinking of trying to move the game to the 15th of August, if that is agreeable with you guys. We'll do our best to keep you posted, also feel free to PM me about this development.

TL;DR: Thought we had time, got more busy, need to postpone game, mostly my fault.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 05:53:25 PM »

Like Drew said, things didn't work out and we felt like we wouldn't be able to produce a scenario to the level of quality expected by this Saturday.  As we do need to get in at least some practice before facing down the Canadians at GenCon, this also seemed like a fairly safe weekend to cancel as the idea of running lance games on the 18th had already been suggested.  I'll be bringing some minis and mapsheets this Saturday, so whoever wants to show up and run some practice games for GenCon can do so.
Pages: [1] 2