CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Campaign Rules Questions Thread  (Read 11739 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Rules Questions Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2016, 12:45:03 PM »

Can you set the campaign rules thread and the current mission to be stickied to the top of the list?

Unfortunately, no.  The forum settings don't allow for that.  It is a matter of great irritation to me.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2016, 08:25:27 PM »

Looks like the best option is to begin the key threads with a. Then sort by subject. Are thread titles editable?

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2016, 10:17:13 PM »

Dark caste warriors are to be executed aff? Are bondsman out of the question?

Regarding pod space does moving a medium pulse laser within same location still consists of removing and replacing or is it ok to condense the space?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:04:04 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2016, 07:03:13 PM »

Clarification.  Total destruction of a mech is loss of CT.  A mech that has lost its head is merely 'damaged', and will need to pay that WCP fee, correct?  (plus a new pilot and buying a hose for the tech crew, of course)

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2016, 07:24:21 PM »

I am preparing a backup avatar on the assumption that my current one WILL be killed at some point.  I have the following questions:

1] is it possible to move the pilots around within the star to pilot different machines within the star?

2] Could one exchange mechs of the same weight class in 2 stars?

3] Does the new avatar have to pilot the same machine that the previous star captain was piloting when killed [this ties to the first question]?

4] At what point short of CT destruction, is a mech considered not repairable and a new one must be purchased?

Thanks
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2016, 05:25:22 AM »

Clarification.  Total destruction of a mech is loss of CT.  A mech that has lost its head is merely 'damaged', and will need to pay that WCP fee, correct?  (plus a new pilot and buying a hose for the tech crew, of course)

I am preparing a backup avatar on the assumption that my current one WILL be killed at some point.  I have the following questions:

1] is it possible to move the pilots around within the star to pilot different machines within the star?

3] Does the new avatar have to pilot the same machine that the previous star captain was piloting when killed [this ties to the first question]?

4] At what point short of CT destruction, is a mech considered not repairable and a new one must be purchased?

Thanks

Bump
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2016, 03:41:26 PM »

Mech, ASF, and Vehicle Repair Errata v1
Condition 1: 30 points or less of JUST armor damage - 5 WCP to repair
Condition 2: 31+ armor, or ANY form of internal damage (structure, equipment, etc), but not "crippled" as per TW - 1/2 tonnage in WCP to repair (round up)
Condition 3: Crippled as per TW definition, but not destroyed** - tonnage in WCP to repair
Condition 4: Destroyed (any result that qualifies as a mission kill**, including CT IS destruction and triple engine hits) -  25+tonnage in WCP, or you may replace the unit using normal replacement rules (50+new unit tonnage in WCP)

**EXCEPTION: If the crew EJECTS from or ABANDONS the unit, dies from accumulated crew hits, or withdrawals from the game board, it is removed from the initiative order but does not enter Condition 4.  The actual damage to the unit determines the Condition Level.

See above.

No.  Once they've been assigned they're there unless the machine requires replacement or you get the option to switch units as a campaign reward

Again, no.  Units are assigned where you have assigned them.

If the Avatar is killed and the unit not replaced, he must pilot that machine. If both the Avatar and machine are killed, then both may be replaced as desired under normal replacement rules

See above errata.  Essentially, you may always *repair* a Mech, replacement is no longer mandated, but becomes an *option* instead.

Remember, this errata is subject to change based on feedback from the post-May 14th logistics period.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2016, 08:34:14 PM »

so for the repair rules now at this point a crippled mech to repair is tonnage regardless of customized or not? Is the custom modifier still in place of 1.25

ex custom 50 ton crippled is 50 tons or is it 50 x 1.25
Die Clanner!!!!

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »

Under the new repair rules, do custom units get to be repaired under the different condition rules or are they always repaired with the tonnage x modifier rule?

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2016, 04:09:18 PM »

I've always found the following rule to be confusing:

3f) A player may ALWAYS voluntarily choose to concede the bid.  If they do so, they will receive double their Avatar's Logistic Bonus in Warchest Points.  You may only concede the bid when it is your turn to bid, and if you    must concede due to having insufficient WCP to meet the track cost, you are not to divulge this information until    it is your turn to bid (and concede).

In practical terms, what's the actual difference between "conceding" a bid, and simply losing the bid? Based on the way this is worded, it would seem that any time you've decided the next available bid would be too low and you therefore refuse to go below your opponent's last bid, you are conceding the bid and then earning extra WCP. Since bidding is open and adversarial, there really is no other way to "lose" a bid. Am I misunderstanding this?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2016, 05:06:10 PM »

I've always found the following rule to be confusing:

In practical terms, what's the actual difference between "conceding" a bid, and simply losing the bid? Based on the way this is worded, it would seem that any time you've decided the next available bid would be too low and you therefore refuse to go below your opponent's last bid, you are conceding the bid and then earning extra WCP. Since bidding is open and adversarial, there really is no other way to "lose" a bid. Am I misunderstanding this?

No, you are not wrong.  The intention is that, if you're going to lose the bid anyway, you can concede and receive some Logistics Bonus (ie, it's still useful for you to show up to games even if you don't get to play your PC...AND it helps people who are too low on WCP to pay the track cost of a mission).  Note that in some circumstances you can be forced to concede the bid, such as when you can't pay the Track Cost in the first place.  This was clarified in person during game 1 or 2, so hopefully everyone's been remembering to do it - otherwise they can do so from this point on.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]