CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Game 11: Escape and Evasion  (Read 1960 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Game 11: Escape and Evasion
« on: February 02, 2017, 03:26:42 AM »

3 March, 3072
Shadow
Clan Homeworlds

You've stumbled into something big.  Really big.  Big enough that the entire malfing Lambda Galaxy of Clan Coyote - reinforced by OmniMechs of unknown origin and colors - are chasing you down and trying to keep you from bringing the news of whatever you've stumbled into back to the Watch and the rest of the Clans.  Right now, survival is the order of the day.

You've called for a hot extraction, but the chances of followup Coyote forces shooting down the DropShips while they make their pickup is simply too high.  You need to find a defensible chokepoint, where your extraction ships can land behind cover.  Luck is with you, as you've found one...but you need to hold position long enough for the DropShips to make their landings and conduct a fighting withdrawal off-world.  The Homeworld Clans all mocked the Invading Clans for their inability to perform such a task on Tukayyid, now it's time to prove they can pull it off.

Game Setup

Clan PC forces which participated in Mission 10 are automatically used in this force.  Remaining players will be equally and randomly split between Clan and OPFOR.  Clan players which participated in Mission 10 are permitted to use their entire force list; no bidding is required.  However, any damage or ammunition expenditure from Mission 10 MAY NOT be repaired or reloaded. The sole exception is that an Avatar assigned to a Mech which has suffered Condition 2 (or higher) combat damage may displace one of this subordinate Star Commanders and pilot said Star Commander's Mech, instead of their normal ride.  That Star Commander may not be assigned a replacement Mech.

Note that all units - even damaged ones - present in Scenario 10 must be present in this Scenario, as long as they are capable of being operated, with two single exceptions.  Only units in Condition 4 (3+ engine hits, 2+ gyro hits, CT cored, cockpit critical, headcapped) or units which are missing a leg (destroyed or blown off) cannot be fielded; all others MUST appear on the battlefield.

Clan units participating in this scenario will be divided as evenly as possible without regard for Star or Trinary Composition between the participating players at the Clan commanding player's discretion (ie, if there are 36 points of Clan force available, and there are 6 Clan players, each player will command 6 points - the person commanding, say, Hell's Horses will choose which of his units he will command, and which of his units will be assigned to other players).

Map Layout
IF WE CAN'T MOVE THE LONG TABLES

IF WE CAN MOVE THE LONG TABLES

west   [1][2][3][4]......east
 .......[5][6][7][8]  

Maps 3 & 7 are Large Mountain (ish) maps.  LOS-blocking terrain to ~level 10 is mandatory.
Maps 4 & 8 must be relatively open maps; at least 3 reasonable LZs.

Deployment

OPFOR
OPFOR starting units will deploy 1/2 of the way across maps 1 and 5.  OPFOR reinforcement units will enter along board edges of maps 1, 2, 5, 6 as the game progresses.

Clan
Clan players may deploy Mech units on maps 2, 3, and the western half of maps 6, and 7.  Non-Mech units may be deployed on maps 2, 3, 6, 7, and artillery-carrying non-Mech units may be deployed on maps 4 and 8, with the understanding that DropShip landing backwash is a thing.

Game Rules
1) There's no zell here.  Ohhhh, hell no.
2) Neither side will operate under Forced Withdrawal rules.
3) The highest CO initiative score will apply to the entire Clan force.  As COs are killed/dispossessed, the next-highest score will apply, and so on.
4) Aerospace units have only a limited role in this scenario, their primary job is to keep OPFOR ASFs off your DropShips.  On game turns 2, 4, 6, 8, (etc), you can choose to attempt to break away and make a ground attack.  Your ASFs may NOT employ external ordnance.  Each time you choose to do this, roll 2d6; on a 9+, an enemy ASF attack run will deal 1d6x10 damage (in groups of 10) to one of your DropShips, causing PSRs and potential lawn darts accordingly.  If you lose your own ASFs in ground attack runs, however, it will have no continuing impact on the DropShip landing (I'm not going to penalize you permanently for that).
5) Artillery-carrying units will have pre-designated hexes assigned to them by the GM.
6) DropShips are eligible to take off 5 turns after their landing, but can be ordered to launch sooner by Clan player consensus (ie, IRL time is about to run out).  Units not onboard will be left behind and will be considered destroyed.  There are multiple Overlord-C DropShips incoming (ie, each carries MORE than enough room to fit people; don't worry about them not having vehicle bays as vees can technically be loaded as cargo).  Each door can load 2 units/turn.
7) A Player Command which is reduced to less than one Star of operational units will be considered destroyed.
8.) The DropShips will arrive during the turn immediately following an IRL timestamp (such as "the 1st turn after 1:30pm" or "the 3rd turn after lunch"), so that their arrival cannot be metagamed.

Warchest Rewards and Costs
Track Cost: 0

Objectives
1) Escape: Hold out until the DropShips arrive, and move as many surviving units onto the DropShips as possible.   +n/a

Rewards
TBD.  Trust me, they'll be commensurate with the level of risk in the scenario.

GM NOTES
1) If it's not clear from last month's scenario title or this month's scenario writeup, this is where the shit really hits the fan, and you should expect the lethality level to rise greatly from here on out.
2) GET TO THE STORE BY 10:15 AT THE LATEST.  Not 11.  Players will be assigned to OPFOR or Clan forces by 10:45 at the latest.  We need to be starting at 11, again, at the latest.  PLAN THIS NOW, YOU HAVE 3 WEEKS.
3) This scenario may go until 6:30pm (1830 hours).  Please allow this time.  Again, I'm posting this 3 weeks in advance so you can make sure that you can be there until 6:30pm.
4) Note that even if we run out of time, unless I see clear stalling tactics from the OPFOR (they'll be warned about it), I will still kill off commands who don't make it off-planet.  Bring your A-game and be prepared to play quickly; there's no complex stuff except for artillery, and that's only 1 person.  You may want to reconsider setting up stuff so that 6 people all have to shoot at 1 guy so that fire phases take 45 minutes.
5) GET TO THE STORE BY 10:15 AT THE LATEST.

OPFOR BUILDING
I need the following record sheets printed out and minis brought.  PROXIES ARE FINE; HAVE THINGS LABELLED.  Remember that ProtoMechs are 1 hexbase each; there are 5 per point.
Lambda Galaxy, 10th battle Cluster         
1 Star.............................................................SHEETS.................MINIS
   Septicemia B-Z   2/2   +4 Init; 3 EDG   .......Bryan...................TWD
   Osteon C   3/4   ......................................Bryan..................TWD
   Cephalus D   3/4   .....................................Bryan...................TWD
   Septicemia Z   3/4   .............................Bryan..................TWD
   Sprite Pmech   3/4   .............................Bryan..................Rob (Proxy Purifier BA)

2 Star         ..........................................................SHEETS...............MNIS
   Savage Coyote A  3/4      1 EDG...................................Bryan...............Bryan (Proxy)
   Dire Wolf Prime   4/5   ...................................Bryan....................Bryan
   Mad Dog Prime   4/5   ...................................Bryan..................Bryan
   Adder Prime   4/5   ...................................Bryan.................Bryan
   Minotaur Z Pmech   4/5   ...................................Bryan............Bryan (Proxy - Chrysaour)

3 Star         .........................................................SHEETS...............MNIS
   Gargoyle B   3/4   1 EDG...................................Bryan...............Bryan
   Summoner A   3/4   ...................................Bryan...............Bryan
   Summoner D   3/4   ...................................Bryan...............Bryan
   Clint IIC   3/4   ...................................Bryan...............Bryan (Proxy ???)
   Viper A   3/4   ...................................Bryan...............Bryan (Proxy ???)

A Star         ..........................................................SHEETS...............MNIS   
   Dire Wolf E   3/3   +3 Init, +3 EDG......................................Rob...............Rob
   Hellbringer Prime   4/5   ..................................Rob...............Rob
   Adder H   4/5   ..............................................Rob...............Rob
   Clint IIC   4/5   .................................................Rob...............Rob (Proxy - Clint)
   Centaur Z Pmech   4/5   ..................................Rob ............... Rob

B Star      ..........................................................SHEETS...............MNIS      
   Gargoyle Prime   3/4   1 EDG
   Black Python 3   3/4   
   Clint IIC 2   3/4   
   Hellion D   3/4   ..............................................? ? ?...............Rob
   Mist Lynx F   3/4   ..............................................? ? ?...............Rob

C Star         ..........................................................SHEETS...............MNIS   
   Viper Z   3/4   1 EDG
   Mist Lynx Z   3/4   
   Summoner Z   3/4   ..............................................? ? ?...............Rob
   Sprite Pmech   3/4   
   Sprite PMech   3/4   

Society Reinforcements (x2)   ..........................................................SHEETS...............MNIS      
   Cephalus Prime   4/5   ...................................Bryan...............Bryan (Proxy ???)
   Septicemia Z   4/5   ...................................Bryan...............Bryan (Proxy ???)
   Osteon Prime   4/5   ...................................Bryan...............Bryan (Proxy ???)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:28:18 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: Game 11: Escape and Evasion [in progress]
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 01:29:37 AM »

will said dropships be firing?
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »

Just to clarify the game date, isn't the game Feb. 18, 2 weeks out?
"PLAN THIS NOW, YOU HAVE 3 WEEKS."

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 09:32:32 PM »

There were more than 14 days when the original announcement went up.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 07:38:34 PM »

Sadly, Ryan and I won't be there.  It's his end of season basketball tournament weekend.  :(  Should be able to make March though. Enjoy the carnage.  Wish I was there.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 09:56:30 AM »

I'm not really clear on how the bidding (if there is any) works for "remaining players" (i.e., the players who's PC forces were not used in the last game, either because they played OpFor or because they weren't in attendance).

You said these players would be divided up randomly. Should they then expect that their entire force will be used, or will there be a bidding process of some kind?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 06:44:57 PM »

Apologies for getting things up late; I've been gaming this for a bit and I kept having to adjust things back and forth to keep it from being a rout in one direction or another.

Please print out and bring complete stars at one time.  Record sheets for many of these are found in Wars of Reaving; I'll post a download link if necessary.

Also, note that the game rules have changed slightly: I clarified the DropShip takeoff timing, and I significantly changed the way air support works.  Folks who commented were correct that it wasn't very fun the way it was.

I'm not really clear on how the bidding (if there is any) works for "remaining players" (i.e., the players who's PC forces were not used in the last game, either because they played OpFor or because they weren't in attendance).

There is no bidding process.  If you played your force last time, you play your force this time.  If you didn't play your force last time, don't bother bringing your force this time; you'll either be assigned to OPFOR, or you'll help run the PC forces.  These two scenarios occur essentially back-to-back.

Had more people actually attended last game, then I'd have included a bidding process of some (modified) sort to see which ~3 players would field their forces.  However, an attendance of 6 people made that unnecessary.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 06:47:06 PM »

will said dropships be firing?

In the air, no.  In theory they're putting suppressive fire against OPFOR air attacks, but if we actually track that then I need to track the OPFOR ASFs, and that's going to snowball into complex unplayable-ness.

On the ground, sure.  If they have LOS and range.  Which may occur and may not.  Clan DropShip crews are quite good at piloting, but are pretty lousy at gunnery (a side effect of hegira).  Piloting 3, Gunnery 5 should be assumed.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Game 11: Escape and Evasion
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 08:05:20 PM »

Have any of the OPFOR Stars been set up yet?

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 04:16:08 AM »

Have any of the OPFOR Stars been set up yet?

Logan has been sick all week and not sure yet if we will still make it to the game.  I'm hoping we can.  If we can and nobody has helped with opfor build, I will work on some friday after work (I would have to proxy 90% of the pieces though).  Sorry best I can offer for now.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 09:40:14 AM »

Printing/bringing Stars 2 & 3. Here is the stuff I'd have to proxy from those:

2 Star        
   Savage Coyote A  3/4      1 EDG
   Minotaur Z Pmech   4/5  

3 Star        
   Clint IIC   3/4  
   Viper A   3/4

I do have some Chrysaor protos, so those can sub in, and I'll bring proxies for the other stuff too, just thought I'd mention it in case someone else has this stuff.  
=====================================

Ok, bored at work, so also printed Star 1 sheets. I may do some more as I have time today.

Please note that I'm only building Stars 2 & 3 as far as bringing appropriate mech/proto forces.

For the stars I'm printing, I've also got firing chit markers, I've marked the correct G/P, and have noted any special items (Edge, Init, etc).

=====================================
Got the Reinforcements as well.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:30:55 AM by serrate »

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 11:31:07 AM »

I will definitely be bringing
3x Osteon
3x Septicemia
1x Cephalus

So Star 1 is covered from a minis perspective, aside from the Sprites.
I can bring your Star 3 Missing Viper and Star 2 5x Minotaurs
No joy on the Clint or Savage Coyote

Tomorrow I'll look at what other stars I can throw together.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »

OPFOR Building list updated as per your comments.  I've got 2nd trinary, A Star fully accounted for.

Again, proxies are fine.  Just tape or blu-tac something onto Mech minis so we can tell what it actually is.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »

I will definitely be bringing
3x Osteon
3x Septicemia
1x Cephalus

So Star 1 is covered from a minis perspective, aside from the Sprites.
I can bring your Star 3 Missing Viper and Star 2 5x Minotaurs
No joy on the Clint or Savage Coyote

Tomorrow I'll look at what other stars I can throw together.

Awesome.

Just plan on me getting all the OpFor sheets (except for the star that Rob just claimed), I'll get some more today and finish tomorrow if necessary. If everyone else can just pitch in on mechs, we'll be all set. Here's where we're at right now:

1 Star.............................................................SHEETS.................MINIS
   Septicemia B-Z   2/2   +4 Init; 3 EDG   .............Bryan...................TWD
   Osteon C   3/4   ............................................Bryan..................TWD
   Cephalus D   3/4   .........................................Bryan...................TWD
   Septicemia Z   3/4   .......................................Bryan..................TWD
   Sprite Pmech   3/4   .......................................Bryan..................Rob (Proxy Purifier BA)

2 Star         .....................................................SHEETS...............MINIS
   Savage Coyote A  3/4      1 EDG........................Bryan..................Bryan (Proxy)
   Dire Wolf Prime   4/5   ....................................Bryan..................Bryan
   Mad Dog Prime   4/5   .....................................Bryan..................Bryan
   Adder Prime   4/5   .........................................Bryan..................Bryan
   Minotaur Z Pmech   4/5   .................................Bryan..................TWD

3 Star         ......................................................SHEETS.............MINIS
   Gargoyle B   3/4   1 EDG...................................Bryan...............Bryan
   Summoner A   3/4   ........................................Bryan...............Bryan
   Summoner D   3/4   ........................................Bryan...............Bryan
   Clint IIC   3/4   ...............................................Bryan...............Bryan (Proxy Huh?)
   Viper A   3/4   ................................................Bryan...............TWD

A Star         ......................................................SHEETS..........MINIS  
   Dire Wolf E   3/3   +3 Init, +3 EDG......................Rob...............Rob
   Hellbringer Prime   4/5   ...................................Rob...............Rob
   Adder H   4/5   ................................................Rob...............Rob
   Clint IIC   4/5   ................................................Rob...............Rob (Proxy - Clint)
   Centaur Z Pmech   4/5   ....................................Rob ..............Rob

B Star      ..........................................................SHEETS...............MINIS      
   Gargoyle Prime   3/4   1 EDG..............................Bryan..................Bryan
   Black Python 3   3/4   .......................................Bryan..................Bryan
   Clint IIC 2   3/4   .............................................Bryan..............Rob (Proxy - Clint)
   Hellion D   3/4   ..............................................Bryan..............Rob
   Mist Lynx F   3/4   ...........................................Bryan..............Rob

C Star         ..........................................................SHEETS...............MINIS  
   Viper Z   3/4   1 EDG.............................................Bryan..............Rob
   Mist Lynx Z   3/4   ................................................Bryan
   Summoner Z   3/4   ..............................................Bryan..............Rob
   Sprite Pmech   3/4   ..............................................Bryan..................Bryan (Proxy - Chrysaour)
   Sprite PMech   3/4   ...............................................Bryan

Society Reinforcements (x2)   ................................SHEETS...............MNIS      
   Cephalus Prime   4/5   .......................................Bryan...............Bryan (Proxy Huh?)
   Septicemia Z   4/5   ..........................................Bryan...............TWD
   Osteon Prime   4/5   ..........................................Bryan...............TWD

I'll be bringing extra mechs that can act as proxies, but I'll hold back on claiming any more spots in case someone has the actual mechs/protos.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:06:22 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 02:06:41 PM »

Updated your list.  Thank you.  (^_^)b
Pages: [1] 2