CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: IC: Briefing, 12 February, 2766  (Read 1448 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
IC: Briefing, 12 February, 2766
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:11:18 AM »

12 February, 2766
1200 local
741st RoSR base of Operations
Conference Tent 4

"Shut up and sit down", growls Colonel Jansfield.  You sink back into your seats as she stalks to the podium.  The tents stinks of unwashed bodies, sweat, and mud.

"These fucking cow farmers have gotta die.  At 0800 this morning, local, the bastards took out the entire 3rd Battalion of the 108th MechInf in a suicide nuclear strike at Firebase Rorke.  From what I understand, they were disguised as refugees.  On the good side, such as there is, we've managed to isolate a major command headquarters and a full battalion each of Mechs and armor guarding it.  We believe that it's the 1st Taurian Jaegers under the command of Marshal Ney- and those are the guys who we suspect have been running the entire planetary defense.  Colonel D'Erlon of the 125th has been especially loud about commanding the assault - dunno why - and in any case, we're to be the flankers in this operation, and you're going to be the point of the left flank itself."

"The operation itself - Colonel Jaffray won the bid to call it 'ARDBEG', though I have no idea why he was so dammed insistent  - is fairly straightforward.  The Golden Hind will perform a limited orbital bombardment of the main axis of advance to clear any static defenses such as nuclear mines, and the 125th will perform a direct frontal assault against the enemy positions, supported by available areospace and artillery assets.  Our part in this is also pretty simple.  First Battalion will sweep around to the right in a chevron formation at two kilometers separation, led by Bravo Company.  Second Battalion will sweep to the left, chevron'd as well, led by Echo."  She smiles faux-sweetly at Henrik.  "Which means you'll be at the tip of the spear, Sergeant Callahan.  I hope you appreciate it."

"Anyway, hit 'em hard and wipe 'em out.  Capturing Marshal Ney is a priority, though I'm not going to complain if he ends up with a severe case of dead.  If you manage to envelop them all the way to their command base - and I don't think that'll happen, they aren't total idiots - take it with a minimum of damage.  Render any combat units incapable of action, whether they're powered up or not.  Prisoner interrogations lead us to think that the Taurians may be using equipment they captured from the 22nd Royal; there won't be much of it, but the difference between a T-bolt Five-Sierra and a T-bolt Five-Sierra-Bravo is a pretty big deal, and tough to spot by eye.  So keep your heads up."

"I'll take questions now.  Keep it quick.  Comm and IFF codes will be distributed day-of.  Try not to fuck them up.  Oh, and command has some dumbass idea about winning 'hearts and minds', so don't finish off downed guys.  Take 'em out quick, but cockpit-stomping will get you in the stockade and on my shit-list."

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: IC: Briefing, 12 February, 2766
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:09:27 PM »

"Colonel Jansfield, I think you need to look at some info that Mr. Hawker found the other day on the Taurian web.  It is a picture of Marshal Ney with a "Jean-Baptiste D'Erlon".  Does Colonel D'Erlon have any family down here?  It might shed some light on why the Colonel wants to lead the assault so bad."
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 09:33:24 AM »

"Colonel Jansfield, I think you need to look at some info that Mr. Hawker found the other day on the Taurian web.  It is a picture of Marshal Ney with a "Jean-Baptiste D'Erlon".  Does Colonel D'Erlon have any family down here?  It might shed some light on why the Colonel wants to lead the assault so bad."

"Colonel D'Erlon is from the Davion Outback, as is most of the 125th.  If he'd encountered Ney before, it wouldn't surprise me.  Anything else?"

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 08:15:55 PM »

"Colonel, how long till we mount up?"

As the briefing breaks up, Banzai goes to Capt Freund.  Banzai whispers, "I've got a bad feeling about this, Cap.  I can't put my finger on it, but something's not right."

If there is at least a few hours until the mission, Banzai gets back to Hawker.  "Rowan, show me everything you found in Marshal Ney's file, especially the connections to Jean-Baptiste D'Erlon."  Jonathon then gets back to the unit computer and tries to get a look at the 125th's personel records, specifically--Col. D"Erlon.  Also put in that request for the 22nd's TO&E.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 08:53:25 PM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 09:50:21 PM »

"Colonel, how long till we mount up?"

"Op is scheduled to kick off at 1000 local on the 14th.  If there's nothing else..see to your commands, people, and get set.  We bag Ney, we end this fight. Dismissed."

As the briefing breaks up, Banzai goes to Capt Freund.  Banzai whispers, "I've got a bad feeling about this, Cap.  I can't put my finger on it, but something's not right."

If there is at least a few hours until the mission, Banzai gets back to Hawker.  "Rowan, show me everything you found in Marshal Ney's file, especially the connections to Jean-Baptiste D'Erlon." 

Administration roll (untrained) failed by MoF of 3.  Computers (Advanced) roll succeeded my MoS of 0.

Marshal Michel Ney
Born 2703, Killarney (Federated Suns, Cruicis March)
Joined Davion CMM at 19 (2722)
Defected to Taurian space at 23 (2726)
Assumed command of 3rd Taurian Frontier Militia (circa 2745)
Assumed command of 9th Taurian Guards (circa 2751)
Assumed command of Taurian Jaeger Brigade (circa 2761)
*record ends*

Colonel Jean-Baptiste D'Erlon
Born 2705, Killarney (Federated Suns, Cruicis March)
Joined Davion CMM at 17 (2722)
Separated from Davion service at 21 (2726)
Joined SLDF at 22 (2727)
Assigned to 208th Striker Regt., V Corps at rank of O-1 [LT] (2729)
Promoted to O-2 [CPT] (2736)
Transferred to 295th BattleMech Division, XLIX Corps (2739)
Promoted to O-3 [MAJ] (2743)
Promoted to O-4 (provisional) [COL] (2746)
Awarded Conspicuous Gallantry Cross [CGC] (2746)
Promoted to O-4 (permanent) [COL] (2747)
Transferred to and assumed command of 29th Hussar Regiment, XXXVII Corps (2748)
Awarded Star League Medal of Valor [SLMV] (2751)
Awarded Conspicuous Gallantry Cross, second award [CGC] (2751)
Awarded Distinguished Service Award (DSA) (2753)
Promoted to O-5 [LTG] (2759)
Transferred to and assumed command of 35th BattleMech Division, XXXVII Corps (2759)
Demoted to O-4 [COL] (2762)
Transferred to and assumed command of 125th Battle Regiment, XVIII Corps (2762)
*record ends*

Also put in that request for the 22nd's TO&E.

Request received.  Expect 2-4 weeks for delivery.

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »

Sensing that the Colonel is about to adjourn, Marshal interjects a question, "Any idea what Ney is mounting Colonel? We might have a chance to rout the cowherds if we can take their commander out of the fight decisively."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 10:13:19 PM »

Sensing that the Colonel is about to adjourn, Marshal interjects a question, "Any idea what Ney is mounting Colonel? We might have a chance to rout the cowherds if we can take their commander out of the fight decisively."

"Oh, I believe he drives a BattleMaster.  Occasional reports put him into a Cyclops when he's operating in a more command-oriented role, but the 'Master has been his ride of choice.  I imagine it's been modified a bit, commanders' discretion regarding parts and salvage and all that.  Don't look so shocked - you're supporting the main advance of a heavy regiment; you'll have plenty of back-up."

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:17:37 PM »

"Thanks boss. I'll prioritize any Battlemasters or Cyclops that I see. Lots of glass on those at least. Even if it isn't Ney's ride someone of the Taurian persuasion might be catching my slugs. "

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 01:29:51 PM »

Also put in that request for the 22nd's TO&E.

Request received.  Expect 2-4 weeks for delivery.

Well, as long as I'm laid up, I can at least use my skills to get this on the lower end of the scale.  I hate this desk job, but at least I'm used to it.  [use administration skill to get this request moved up the pile]