CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: IC 14 Feb 2766 after action thread  (Read 946 times)

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
IC 14 Feb 2766 after action thread
« on: June 12, 2011, 03:53:37 PM »

"Boy does my head hurt," sighed Jonathon after getting back to the 741st's base.

He sat at his computer filling out his after action report.  "Once again the modified Phoenix Hawk LAM performed flawlessly.  Heat was manageable and even penetration of the armor in the right torso did not prove to be catastrophic."

"Looks like I'm seeing 2 screens here," Jonathon grumbled to himself.  "They're going to call this the St. Valentines Day Screw-up' for what we did today.  What was I thinking?  Going head to head with a Battlemaster of all things, especially one that was modified more than my 'Hawk!"  As he types his vision gets blurrier.  "How did a backwater commander like Ney get his hands on that much state-of-the-art equipment?  That monster had to be sporting at least 4 Medium Pulse Lasers and an ERPPC.  It also ran cool enough to have double strength freezers on board."  

He wiped the sweat off of his brow and continued.

"That head shot may have done more damage than I thought.  I can't believe that I let that $%^&*)*& Jagermech get to me.  I was so pissed.  And I took it out on one of our own.  I hope that Dervish pilot is ok."

Now, feeling nauseous, Jonathon tries to get up.  He doesn't make it to the door as he collapses....
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:55:52 PM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: IC 14 Feb 2766 after action thread
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:06:04 PM »

Ryan Prust looks at his paperwork and sighs inwardly.  If he had his druthers he would just take everyone involved in this nighmare friendly fire incident and have them shot.  Then have them shot again just to make him feel better.

Thinking back to his own days before an ear injury made him somewhat retired from the field, he understood how this could happen, but it dosen't make the guilty any less guilty.  Adding in a love affair and things just went to hell.

Some days it does not pay to be a member of Kerensky's legal arm.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: IC 14 Feb 2766 after action thread
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 04:57:57 PM »

"Concussions suck," sighs Jon after he wakes up in the infirmary.  He contacts Capt. Freund.  "Cap, I need to have a meeting with Col Jansfield.  It's about Marshal Ney and that Battlemaster he is piloting."

Assuming that Col. Jansfield grants the meeting...Banzai gives her a copy of his report on Marshal Ney's Battlemaster and the high tech equipment it is carrying.  He then requests to send via HPG the report to his superiors at SLDF Weapons Research Div and urge them to start an investigation into "missing" high tech weaponry.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:35:55 PM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."