CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OOC: 22 Februry, 2766  (Read 2618 times)

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 22 Februry, 2766
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 10:23:53 AM »

Hey Rob, I need to buy my point of edge back now.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 02:41:06 PM »

Quick question about the last game.  How was Brent's PC able to move around the board with such freedom during the entire game?  Was the OpFor instructed not to fire on him, since they'd presumably be focusing on larger combat units?  I just thought it was curious that we had a guy running around on foot and in a pickup truck causing non-stop havoc and no one bothered to put a round in him.  Was this primarily a function of his "stealth" skill?  If so, did it make impossible to target, or just very difficult to hit?

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 03:37:11 PM »

Until the final two or three rounds I was (intentionally) screening the technical using buildings. I only engaged infantry while dismounted. After capturing Ney I didn't engage anything else. Timing and luck presented better targets for the opfor during the mad dash to the dropship.

Plus a non combat vehicle wold probably be squelched on sensors to preserve sanity in urban ops. I can fluff it several ways, but most likely the opfor didn't engage me because I wasn't a credible threat.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 04:53:32 PM »

Those last few rounds could be a problem, unless you take a crazy guy and he announces that he is the biggest target on the board...

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 05:33:41 PM »

Until the final two or three rounds I was (intentionally) screening the technical using buildings. I only engaged infantry while dismounted. After capturing Ney I didn't engage anything else. Timing and luck presented better targets for the opfor during the mad dash to the dropship.

Plus a non combat vehicle wold probably be squelched on sensors to preserve sanity in urban ops. I can fluff it several ways, but most likely the opfor didn't engage me because I wasn't a credible threat.

Taurian Urban Operations Manual, Section Page 12, section 5

"Oy you grotz!  If its bigga its more worth shootin'.  Unless the little humiez shoot you first, then you zap em. with your gunz to show em who's da bigga Ork!"

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 05:52:21 PM »

Quick question about the last game.  How was Brent's PC able to move around the board with such freedom during the entire game?  Was the OpFor instructed not to fire on him, since they'd presumably be focusing on larger combat units?  I just thought it was curious that we had a guy running around on foot and in a pickup truck causing non-stop havoc and no one bothered to put a round in him.  Was this primarily a function of his "stealth" skill?  If so, did it make impossible to target, or just very difficult to hit?

The OPFOR was instructed to shoot at the technical if and only if the unit in question had been witnessed shooting at Taurian forces, AND the unit in question did not have any other higher priority targets (read: MECHS) to shoot at.  As it happened, that never came up.

Basically, against Mech units, one guy in a pickup with a rifle isn't a threat, and most of the time won't even be noticed unless he does something that directly influences Mechs in some way (grenades at the cockpit glass, pulling a Cassie Suthorn).  The infantry could freely shoot at him, but never had the range or opportunity, because every time they would have had both the range and opportunity, they were engaging Mech units instead, and never got a followup shot as Marshall's grenade fire would take out most of the squad. 

Basically, he got very, VERY lucky and made sure to stay in the right place at the right time.  Doing stuff like that is not condusive to a long life span...but it can be very effective under the right circumstances.  Continuing to do so would most likely result in a truck-shaped fireball and Marshall-shaped carbon scoring on the pavement.
Pages: 1 [2]