CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: OOC: 28 Dec 2766  (Read 18406 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
OOC: 28 Dec 2766
« on: August 08, 2011, 07:00:37 PM »

I am building the To&E, should be done later tonight.  I do have some questions regarding repair, but I am not spending WP to repair anything yet. 

Quote from: Other thread
x1 WHM-7A Warhammer, missing 5 points on its right torso, 10 off its left leg, 33 of its center torso armor, 20 of its right arm, 3 internal off the right arm, and 2 off the head.  It is missing its right arm ERPPC and has an engine hit.  It has 6 SRM shots left.  Its pilot is SGT Natasha Kuminsky (3/4, Hot Dog, Maneuvering Ace)

Does this mean that the WHM has 2 internal head damage, or just armor damage?

Other stuff to follow...

edit:  I also need Brent's new mech.

Also, do I need to track personal sidearms, a group armory, or any such thing. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:02:52 PM by agustaaquila »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 28 Dec 2766
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »

2 Armor Damage.  Brent's has a Royal Sentinel hold that thought Royal Champion with a cockpit that needs to be hosed out from the former pilot.  Sidearms and small stuff is abstracted unless you're carrying something heavier than an SMG and a grenade or 2.  In which case I'll ad hoc it based on your PC to date.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:55:35 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:54:08 PM »

Here is a straight list of what units we have, their weights, and speeds.  You can ignore the other sheets, where I calculate our WP and other demands.  Here is my suggested

SLDF force TO&E
Option Company
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

Prep Company
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|

|
|

Queen Company
All haulers

ASF

Have fun with discussion
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:14:25 PM by agustaaquila »

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 10:31:33 PM »

Since speed of the entire unit is a concern, what speeds are considered to be the standard movement speeds of the various units?  Will a force made up of 4/6 and 6/9 mechs travel at speed 4 or speed 6?  For that matter is the DVS-2 considered a 3/5 mech or a 3/6 mech due to speed demon?

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 10:44:10 PM »

GM: You have 500 Warchest points.  1 Warchest point repairs 1 armor box.  2 WCP repair 1 internal box.  A number of WCP equal to a weapon's mass repair a weapon.  5 points repair any internal system hit except a gyro or engine hit.  25 points repair an engine hit, and 20 points repair a gyro hit.  2 points reload a ton (or portion thereof) of ammo.  Warchest points will not refresh unless you take actions in-game to refresh them (capturing ammo/parts stockpiles).   There are no track costs for this portion of the campaign.

I realize that I cannot use WP to get jet fuel, but will I have to spend WP to acquire the chemical fuel for the ICE engines?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 10:53:34 PM »

Since speed of the entire unit is a concern, what speeds are considered to be the standard movement speeds of the various units?  Will a force made up of 4/6 and 6/9 mechs travel at speed 4 or speed 6?  For that matter is the DVS-2 considered a 3/5 mech or a 3/6 mech due to speed demon?

Slowest cruise/walk speed.  Flank speed can be used for a bit, but it carries a MUCH higher risk of breakdowns, as per the Techmanual fluff.  The DVS is 3/5; Speed Demon doesn't really apply for strategic movement...only tactical movement.

I realize that I cannot use WP to get jet fuel, but will I have to spend WP to acquire the chemical fuel for the ICE engines?

Gas is something that you have to have an "excuse" to buy with WCP (both ICE and ASF fuel).  That is, go do something to earn you some gas, and then you can spend WCP on it.  Ammo is only available to be purchased because you have all those cargo haulers (and, frankly, because I'm not forcing you to go the next several months with only training ammo in your bins).  After a while, if you have done nothing to "earn" ammo, then you may no longer be able to buy it with WCP.  However, that'll be a little while, given that you've got 50-ish tons of spares.  Note that we're only really tracking this in an incidental way; armor and such isn't going to have to be "earned", since it's a given you can salvage it off of any given battlefield.  Basically, I'll be taking things off or putting them on the "List of things you can buy with your WCP" according to the circumstances of the game.  Contacts, Connections, Scrounge rolls, and similar may also have an effect upon this...once you're in a position to logically use them.  You can't scrounge for spare parts or meet a connection when you're about 500km away from civilization, after all.

Also note that you cannot purchase new Mechs with WCP at this time.  All ICE vehicles have at least 2,000 km worth of fuel endurance, so you've got some time before it becomes an issue.

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 11:26:23 PM »

I'd definitely be in favor of pulling everything we can off of the DVS then and scuttling it.  As fun as it sounds to tool around the Canadian wilderness at 15mph, and as nice as having a really disturbing assault mech would be, the situation calls for a bit more haste.  I do not see any way of dumping all of the 4/6 things though, that would be too much loss of firepower/hauling capability.

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 11:34:45 PM »

I'm also in favor of stripping the Devastator.  It's not going to keep up.

Any chance we can make the Charger useful by mating the Dev's Gausses or remaining PPC to it?

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 01:30:23 AM »

Alrighty, I have been working and have this preliminary TO&E to use as a base.  We have a company, a reenforced company, and we need to decide if we want to trash the very slow anchor  (its in there for now but can easily be scrapped).

SLDF force TO&E
Option Company
|Cpt Freund   Griffin-2N
|WO Hawker  Royal Crab
|SRG Kuminsky  Warhammer 7A
|Srg  Giroux    Wolverine-6R

|MSRG Fedotenko Stinger
|SRG Salvador   Locust
|SRG Bourque   Locust
|SRG El Amin  Talon

|SRG Marshall   Royal Champion
|Srg Talbot   Archer-2R
|SRG Hossa   Backjack-1
|WO Madden  Lancelot-1

Prep Company
|Lt Reed     Royal Phoenix Hawk
|WO  Halak  Griffin-2N
|SRG Dorsett  Phoenix Hawk
|SRG Franklin  Chameleon-7V

|SRG Callahan   Royal Shadowhawk
|LT Nichol    Shadowhawk
|Srg Prust   Charger-1A1
|SRG Duchene  Crab-27

|Lt. Knighty  DVS-2  )may be scrapped)
|MSRG Schwepps   Royal Ostroc
|SRG Peverley  Spartan-N1
|Srg Yip    Thunderbolt-5S

|WO Banzai    PHK LAM
|SRG lilja    Wasp=1A
|               Kanga Jumping tank

Queen Company
All haulers

ASF group

So that is my suggestion, we can divide up units we will control by first looking in our lance, and then taking some units where there is only 1 PC in the lance.   Suggestions, Smart Remarks, and because we can still do it here NIKO IN A DRESS?

edit: pilot and gun to be  added when its not the middle of the night.

GM- we need gun scores for the Kanga tank.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 07:52:14 AM »

I too, am in favor of scrapping the Dev. We have a Warhammer missing a PPC. The Gauss's could come in handy and use the armor and keep anything else. Actauators, internals that could be salvaged.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 12:08:53 PM »

Rob,
I (Banzai) need to know where the SLDF Weapons Lab (where Banzai worked before joining the 741st) is located.  He would like to try to contact them if they are on Earth (if trying wouldn't seriously jeapardize operational security of our little group).  They may be hidden well enough that they have survived the first wave of Rim World attacks and would have supplies that we can use.  If it is off planet I can see that needing to get to a HPG for a message is HIGH risk and probably won't happen.

Gentlemen,
On the subject of the DVS-2, I reluctantly agree that we should cannibalize it.  Banzai proposes to take charge of the repair bays with as many techs as we have in this little group and start repairing and modifying as many mechs as we can, as quickly as we can.  (Modifications should probably be geared to minimize ammo expenditures--ie energy boats)

Rob, please use my tech, engr and comp skills to make as many repair rolls as needed and we have time for.  The other techs (if there are any) can also teach the mechwarriors how to reload, rearmor etc (ie easy stuff at first).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:29:19 PM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 01:47:54 PM »

If my figures are correct, we should have 84 pts of armor left from the Dev. If we can, we would be able to use the shielding and repair the engine hits on the 2 mechs that have those. One foot actuator and one lower leg actuator can be repaired from the Dev. I don't know if we can use the internal structure from the Dev., if we can that would take care of the mechs that have internal damage. The Locust missing a arm, we could use the Dev. actuators and one of the md. lasers and we have the Locust back up to snuff, minus the sm. laser. Store the rest of what we can. Use the PPC on the Warhammer, not ideal; but it puts it back into fighting shape. One ERPPC and PPC. Then use our WCP to buy up the rest. In decent shape. What kind of comm stuff does Statsny have?

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 01:54:29 PM »

Rob, are we allowed to go account tech on any units we scrap, or get a WCP bonus for salvageable parts?  I would really like to think that things are easily interchangeable, but Omnitech is still a few years away.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »

Rob, are we allowed to go account tech on any units we scrap, or get a WCP bonus for salvageable parts?  I would really like to think that things are easily interchangeable, but Omnitech is still a few years away.

You'll get a bonus to WCP pool for scrapping things.  The specific amount will be ad hoc'd depending on how much time you take scrapping something.  1 hour to strip parts will yield less WCP than 1 day...but 1 day means you're standing still for 24 hours while persons unknown may be tracking you.  So, NO AccountTech here.

Something else folks may want to consider is not repairing stuff with large amounts of damage and abandoning it.  Is it WORTH it to repair Mech X, given than you have limited resources and it may be some time until you get more.

A question was raised in the IC thread about whether you have any Techs.  The 20-ish guys in the mobile haulers ARE techs - that's why they're in moblie haulers full of repair parts.  They're mostly AsTechs, granted, but they can help fix your Mechs. 

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 09:09:25 PM »

Ok guys, if you could please post with your mech.  I need the following info:  total armor lost, total IS lost, any crits taken, and how many tons of ammo you woud like to have me give you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9