CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: OOC: 8 Jan 2677  (Read 7185 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
OOC: 8 Jan 2677
« on: September 20, 2011, 09:49:54 AM »

Repair amounts:  PCs, I am alocating you a number of points, its up to you to fix what you want.  The NPCs I will post later today as soon as I have the exact repairs done.  Just for everyone's knowledge, we had 616 points of damage to try and repair with 337 WCP.  We currently have 0 WCP, so either find some supplies, or don't take any damage.   :-[

John- 0 WCP
Steve- 9 WCP
Travis- 0 WCP
Michael- 0 WCP
Brett- 27 WCP
Bryan- 0 WCP
Rob-22 WCP - Rob I have your PC sheet and mech, you just took armor damage.  Send me a PM if you don't want me to fix stuff.
Brent- 90 WCP
Phil-90 WCP

NPCs
Locust- 0 WCP
Wasp- 0 WCP
Phawk- 22 WCP
Crab- 4 WCP
Shad-0 WCP
Wolverine- 12 WCP
Wammie- 35 WCP
Archer- 26 WCP
Kanga- 0 WCP
Bulldog- 20 WCP
ASF- 10 each

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 8 Jan 2677
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 12:20:21 PM »

Mike, you have my sheet for the Ostroc. Repair as you see fit. I will not be there on the 24th, so if someone wants to run my mech, please do.
Also, someone will have to bring a Champion for Brent.

I would like to get my gunnery to 1, what do I have to do and spend to get it there?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:35:31 PM by phlop »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 12:53:24 PM »

Got it Phil

To increase your Gunnery, it will take 20+(7(new skill level) x 10) or 90 XP

Orange Juice

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Flechs.net
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 04:20:13 PM »

Hey-o; Are there any penalties for ejecting while in a building?...

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »

Well, ejection is covered in TO 196-198.  To summarize, there is a +1 Pen per level of building in which the mechwarrior lands.  Ejecting in or on buildings is a great way to end up as rocket painting material.

Orange Juice

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Flechs.net
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 01:39:07 AM »

Exactly. The penalty is based on the landing hex — which is behind the 'mech. So long as you have a clear hex to your back there's no building related ejection penalty, even if you're on the ground floor of a level 666 hardended building that also happens to be on fire.

In the event a building collapses on your ride and a girder impales itself in an ammo-bin, the pilot is saved by an 'auto-defenestration'?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:46:43 AM by Orange Juice »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »

Well, in that situation the GM is completely in their right to say, "No."  Remember, we are playing a game, and not representing perfect reality.

The Canopian Pleasure Circus Association has certified that no catgirls were harmed in the writing of this post.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 10:06:04 AM »

Well, in that situation the GM is completely in their right to say, "No."  Remember, we are playing a game, and not representing perfect reality.

The Canopian Pleasure Circus Association has certified that no catgirls were harmed in the writing of this post.

*bang*  You were saying?

Orange Juice

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Flechs.net
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »

Remember, we are playing a game, and not representing perfect reality.

Sure sure. Personally, I think the idea of being shot out an ever present skylight kind of hilarious. If anything I'm just trying to point out that, according to the rules, keeping a clear hex behind you could make the difference between a bruised pilot and a dead one, which as you mentioned, might not be the way a GM would want to run it. Knowing that building cover is a death trap or a freebee might be nice to know ahead of time for those who have time invested in characters ;)

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 01:18:05 PM »

Remember, we are playing a game, and not representing perfect reality.

Sure sure. Personally, I think the idea of being shot out an ever present skylight kind of hilarious. If anything I'm just trying to point out that, according to the rules, keeping a clear hex behind you could make the difference between a bruised pilot and a dead one, which as you mentioned, might not be the way a GM would want to run it. Knowing that building cover is a death trap or a freebee might be nice to know ahead of time for those who have time invested in characters ;)

I'm running this mess.  Remind me to ensure there are skylights handy at all times...

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »

I think the rule represents the fact that while we track what hex a unit is in, we don't track his location within the hex.  It's this very rules concession that makes things like physical attacks possible at all.  So, just as the assumption is that a unit is always close enough to perform a physical attack against a unit in an adjacent hex (within elevation limits), there is also an assumption made that when ejecting (with a clear hex behind the mech), the mech must've been standing close enough to the edge of that hex to get the pilot clear of whatever else in is in the hex (such as a building).

Since the rules cover this, I'm not sure why there'd be a GM call on it; although admittedly, a GM call can potentially be used for anything on the board.

Orange Juice

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Flechs.net
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 03:04:16 PM »

there is also an assumption made that when ejecting (with a clear hex behind the mech), the mech must've been standing close enough to the edge of that hex to get the pilot clear of whatever else in is in the hex (such as a building).

That's a really good point I think. However, TW p.167 states that units spend mp to explicitly enter a building. "Note that the rules in this section cover entering building hexes below the level of the roof; i.e. movement actually inside the building in a hex." (The rules on the attendent piloting skill rolls are more ambiguous though and state the roll is made when entering a building hex.) It's also impossible to physical attack into or out of a building hex. TW pp. 171 "Physical attacks cannot be made against targets in a building hex by units outside the hex, unless the attacker is located in the same multi-hex building and is adjacent to the target, on the same level of the building hex." I think it's reasonable to state that a 'mech in a building hex is in the building. As such:

Star League Building Code: 341.2: Structures must contain one or more skylights per 900 square meters of ground floor.

:D

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 04:18:26 PM »

there is also an assumption made that when ejecting (with a clear hex behind the mech), the mech must've been standing close enough to the edge of that hex to get the pilot clear of whatever else in is in the hex (such as a building).

That's a really good point I think. However, TW p.167 states that units spend mp to explicitly enter a building. "Note that the rules in this section cover entering building hexes below the level of the roof; i.e. movement actually inside the building in a hex." (The rules on the attendent piloting skill rolls are more ambiguous though and state the roll is made when entering a building hex.) It's also impossible to physical attack into or out of a building hex. TW pp. 171 "Physical attacks cannot be made against targets in a building hex by units outside the hex, unless the attacker is located in the same multi-hex building and is adjacent to the target, on the same level of the building hex." I think it's reasonable to state that a 'mech in a building hex is in the building. As such:

Star League Building Code: 341.2: Structures must contain one or more skylights per 900 square meters of ground floor.

:D

Both options exist at the discretion of the GM's running the event.  You can be on top of it or, if the structure is greater than 2 levels tall, can also be in it.  Enjoy the unplanned DFA!

Orange Juice

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Flechs.net
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 05:11:45 PM »

Oh, of course. I should have said: "I think it's reasonable to state that a 'mech in a building hex — unless on the roof — is in the building."

or, if the structure is greater than 2 levels tall, can also be in it.

Wait, so we can't enter a level 1 or level 2 building? "...even though a ’Mech stands two levels tall, when inside a building hex it only occupies a single level at a time." (TW pp. 167)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:14:54 PM by Orange Juice »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 05:18:30 PM »

Oh, of course. I should have said: "I think it's reasonable to state that a 'mech in a building hex — unless on the roof — is in the building."

or, if the structure is greater than 2 levels tall, can also be in it.

Wait, so we can't enter a level 1 or level 2 building? "...even though a ’Mech stands two levels tall, when inside a building hex it only occupies a single level at a time." (TW pp. 167)

Wait, there is an official answer on this one.

http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,1483.0.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4