CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: OOC: 8 Jan 2677  (Read 7186 times)

Orange Juice

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Flechs.net
Re: OOC: 8 Jan 2677
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 06:05:41 PM »

Interesting. The TW I have must have a typo; it reads:

"[a mech] is considered to rise two levels above the underlying level it occupies in a building hex for purposes of LOS to any hex that is not a non-adjacent building hex."

The answer in the link is helpful as I was pretty sure that double negative above was accidental. So. A 'mech is in a level one building, and has another level 1 building adjacent between it and an attacker (who is on the same level as the target 'mech). The target 'mech will also receive partial cover from the level 1 building adjacent to when receiving fire in addition to receiving the damage soaking perk of the building it occupies. Furthermore, it will be able to return fire.

Excellent.

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »

Rob, for the purposes of this campaign, how long does it take a mech to perform a cold reactor start up?

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 8 Jan 2767
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »

Okay guys, here is an attack plan with a few options here and there.  Please feel free to modify it or rip it up.  But please do it quickly so we can finalize it for Rob.

Attack time:  2:15am local time (hopefully near the end of a watch but not during a watch change--too many people awake)

1st--fast group (LAM/Nighthawks, Locust, Kanga, and Lt. Reed's PHX-1b) attack airfield
Objective--eliminate convertional fighters then continue into city

2nd--sizable fraction of our force [all non-jumpers] attack from the North, head into the city
Objective--draw out enemy forces (anvil)

3rd--rest of forces [jumpers] attack (in groups of 2) from the southwest to southeast edges and converge on twin towers to rescue hostages
Objective--hit enemy from behind and rescue hostages (hammer)

our aerospace fighters maintain CAP and take out any conventional fighters that get airborne

Please see IC thread for more info on enemy forces.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:25:15 PM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 07:20:27 PM »

Works for me.  Are we leaving anything behind?

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »

I didn't.  But of course this is the Capt's call.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 07:24:54 PM »

The 0215 hrs. sounds good. No changing of the guard and before "stand to". Most should be in bed. Not sure what to make of the 15 to 20 min. rounds. Don't know if they have patrols out on the perimeter moving about or if they come out every so often to check with the listening posts. Maybe we could get a clearer pic of the readings. Is the movement continuous or is it just every 15-20 min. some movement.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »

Sounds good to me, too.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »

Just to show what the forces look like for this proposal

Task force GROUNDED (airfield)

Phoenix Hawk LAM, Phoenix Hawk 1b, Kanga, Locust, Nighthawks

Task force ONE LANTERN (north attack)

Crab-27, Crab-27b, Shad 2H, Shad 2Hb, Champion, Ostroc, Warhammer, Archer

Task force THREE LANTERN (south attack)

Wasp-1A, Phoenix Hawk-1, Chameleon, Griffin-2N, Wolverine,

One thing, I assigned the shadowhawks to the ground force because of their limited jump.  The problem with the southern approach is that the ice might break with our 50 and 55ton machines.  Ice can support a lot in the middle of winter, but I can see potential problems with accidentally breaking through the ice.  Especially at night.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 04:48:35 PM »

Do we have access to any sort of bombs or other under wing munitions for aerospace fighters?  If so, then we can just have our ASFs bomb the runway, so the enemy conventional fighters can't take off.  I'm honestly not incredibly crazy about the idea of splitting our forces up so much when facing an enemy force that should equal or exceed our strength.  Time is running out, however, so if nobody comes up with anything better in the next couple days, then I vote for Steve's plan, since it is a pretty good plan, it just is also a very risky one.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 04:54:13 PM »

Let me check in our trailer for any spare bombs I might have overlooked.  Heh, whats that, there is absolutely nothing in the haulers?

Just so everyone understands:

We have no WCP left.  Please plan accordingly.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »

We have no WCP left.  Please plan accordingly.

We could always salvage the Wasp for WCPs in order to get bombs ;D.  I was more wondering if Rob would allow us to purchase bombs with WCPs because he could very reasonably claim that we don't have access to bombs currently for RP reasons.

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 05:26:06 PM »

I was figuring that TF Gnded would join TF 1L and TF 3L would need a little more and the Shad's jj's would be better there.  But if that's how the Capt wants it, so be it.

[OOOOC: Love the lantern reference  :) :)]

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »

did we have any mech readings or any seismic readings saying there was a major patrol around that area coming from or going to the airfield if we did not we may be able to pull the phawk and group it into one of the other 2 forces i agree breaking the ice would be bad but our mechs can infact work under the ice either way correct? We would just lose valueable time? Also i vote nothing left behind we need all the help we can in this area. City fighting can be brutal we may only think there are lights to mediums atm but who knows if they didnt already have a small group of maybe command mechs probably not more than 2-3 possibly heavies that can keep up or were at the city powered down going over logistics and such just as we are. Not all commanders fight from the front, only the good or crazy :) Also commanders tend to have a lapdog around if they have a ego who knows if its not his personal guard. Anyone have anymore specifics on the guy? Also we figure he will be with the hostages but why woulda commander be riding a vehicle with his kind of reputation he sounds like the kind of guy who would love to squash someone personally in a mech but i do say he wouldnt be afraid to use others to do it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:37:13 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 10:42:57 PM »

Hey guys.  I just had a thought :o.  We might need a contingency plan in case Babcock DOES try to kill the civies.  If he tries to bring down the buildings, I think we should try to get the natural gas shut off to the towers so he can't use gas to blow up the towers.  We need infrared scans of the buildings to identify people inside combined with mag scans to tell if some are holding weapons (those are the Rim World infantry).  We also need to consider that Babcock MAY HAVE ALREADY killed the civies so the infrared scans need to determine normal body temp vs. cooling off (dead body) temp.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 12:59:01 AM »

another thing we need to worry about is of course the civies dead but what if he ues guerrila warfare? say he has troops dressed as civies
Die Clanner!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4