CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: OOC: 8 Jan 2677  (Read 7188 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 8 Jan 2677
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »

another thing we need to worry about is of course the civies dead but what if he ues guerrila warfare? say he has troops dressed as civies
While this is a concern, its only a concern if we intend to to take the populace with us.  And we cannot do that.  If we assign them all to go home and stay in our mechs, we have a great layer of protection.  If we tell them they can go home, and then continue on with the march to the dropship, we don't have to have any interaction with them.

This is a really hard fact that I don't know if you've considered.  All the civilians are most likely going to die.  They could already be dead, and our mission is in vain.  We could free them, and then Babcock could come in and kill them all.  If we take them with us, they starve.  If they all flee the town, many will be killed in a harsh winter because they do not have the survival skills necessary.  I hope that we free them and then Babcock ignores them becasue they have no more value.  But unless we intend to Seven Samurai the village, all the occupants could be killed easily and quickly.

We are saving the people now because there is a direct threat to their safety that we are indirectly causing.  As soon as that is resolved, we need to think about moving on to save our own skins, and take more actions to save everyone by killing the usurper.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 02:04:43 PM »

i was not meaning it quite as you said but that is another good point...what i was meaning is what if we get in to free them and they turn out to be his troops and we get bogged down inside the building were going to lose lots of men we may need later. A trap within a trap so to speak. By all means save the civies honor even among the damned. Babcock wont be so honorable though we all know that. I say we need to find out how finatical this particular unit there is because if they are as bad as Babcock then they all need to die in battle if you get my drift >:) i would not be happy with war crimes but this is for a greater cause then ourselves and civies take the top of the list of importance just like you said we did cause it although accidental
Die Clanner!!!!

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »

If you go back and read an interrogation of POW's, one stated that Babcock uses vehicles with mech grade armor and FLAMERS. It doesn't seem like he has any intent on leaving the civvies live. They are nothing more than bait. I think we need to look at it in these terms. May be cold and heartless, but we need to get rid of Babcock and make our way off world. I say don't really go after the hostages, but get Babcock and his troops. Maybe this will buy us some time.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »

What are our Nighthawks armed with?  Nighthawk BA don't have an integral weapon system, they use infantry-scale weapons.  Are ours armed?  And if so, with what?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »

What are our Nighthawks armed with?  Nighthawk BA don't have an integral weapon system, they use infantry-scale weapons.  Are ours armed?  And if so, with what?

Infantry-scale weapons; a variety thereof.  Mainly large-calibre automatic rifles, but sans additional underbarrel attachments (grenade launchers, et al).  Basically, non-explosive stuff that falls under the "small arms" skill.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 09:33:34 PM »

Rob, PM sent

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 09:31:54 AM »

OK, since I had to leave, what happened after I left? What was accomplished? Where do we stand?

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2011, 07:48:04 PM »

What, nobody on here anymore?

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2011, 09:04:42 PM »

Not sure what was happening when you left, but here goes. (someone correct me if I am wrong on something.)  We disabled the command tank and captured Babcock.  Calahan(?) picked up the general with mech hand, popped his cockpit loose to talk to him and ordered Babcock to tell his troups to stand down.  Waterboarding Babcock in the fountain convinced him to order his men to stand down.  Meanwhile 2 of the flamer tanks started spraying the towers with fire.  We had to close with the surviving units to get them to stand down and as such I believe we obtained some salvage and WC points.  The fires were put out.  The civies exited the towers.  Toward the end of the battle, Brett's PC was killed.

There has been no talk as yet about what to do next.  Mike, would you please update us as to our current state of TOE and repairs needed, etc?
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 11:14:08 PM »

pretty much right on the money with that....... i know babcock had a few things broke when he got picked up by the mech bretts pc was killed toward the end of the fighting i know we lost a pilot or two as well as we picked up a griffin near prestine as well as a few other mechs we lost a few though both crabs went down one is salvageable thx to the headshot but im pretty sure the champion decapped 2 mechs with its gauss. We managed to put the fires out fairly quick but we still ahv no idea what happened to the nuke. It could have been a bluff or might have had a faulty detonator.
Die Clanner!!!!

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 11:39:51 PM »

My character found out that it was a bluff. I think I told Bryan.  :-[  Guess, I told nobody else.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 10:01:36 AM »

Just as everyone else has described.  We got some tanks as salvage as well, pristine I think, as well as at least 1 Ignis, maybe 2 (which we'll only strip for parts).  We also have to assume that the RWR knows where we are, and while they may not know yet whether or not Babcock won, they're likely to find out the truth soon and send reinforcements.  So basically, we're somewhat limited on time in this city.

It's possible we can use Babcock to throw them off our trail, and of course Babcock may be useful in getting off the planet, but we haven't heard anything from the GM yet about status/timeline so I think that's why everyone's been quiet so far.  You hate to post stuff IC that possibly advances the time beyond where the GM says we are, or post stuff without having full disclosure of everything the GM might tell us.  At least that's how I feel about it. 

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 08:33:47 PM »

Can we get a butcher's bill on this one?  I'd like to see a solid list of what we lost, what we gained, and what we still have.  If anyone has ideas about how to possibly use Babcock to effect our escape, I'm all ears.

Also, how long are we spending in this town?  Can we use Babcock to transmit a message back to HQ that our forces were defeated?  Perhaps request a transport for prisoners and captured materiel and then capture it here? 

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »

Mike's working on it.  I think he's trying to have it done by Wed.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2011, 09:56:28 PM »

Indeed I am.

Can we use Babcock to transmit a message back to HQ that our forces were defeated?  Perhaps request a transport for prisoners and captured materiel and then capture it here? 

I would advise against this one.  Standing orders seem to be to shoot us on sight.  This prisoners word might trip off the enemies that something is wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4