CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IC: 26 September 2769 - 28 October 2769  (Read 2386 times)

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: IC: 26 September 2769 - 28 October 2769
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 09:57:15 PM »

Banzai follows Marshall down to the armory.  Having recently finished his pistol qualifications (Small Arms +1 [subskill-pistol] ooc see xp expenditure thread--5/11/12), He has a funny feeling he may need a sidearm with him this time.  First choice on request to supply sergeant is for a std laser pistol w/2 spare pwr pks.  Second choice is for a Sternsacht w/2 spare mags.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 08:45:41 PM »

28 October 2769
Planet Wing
City of Wei
1748 Local

Marshall brought his Champion to a halt a block from the fatal intersection.  His eyes swept over the wreckage looking for RWR survivors or local looters.  He cracks the throttle open and covers the remaining 50 meters to the ruined Exterminator, Rescue labels brightly mocking next to the smoking ruins of the cockpit.

Marshall reaches for a little used control marked obtusely as "Landing Lights" and switches on the paired searchlights on the Champion's exterior.  He pops the cockpit canopy and gasps a little as the thick tropical air immediately coaxes sweat from his brow.  He disconnects his cooling system and neurohelmet after setting the DI to park mode.  He mutters as he grabs his rifle, "Who the hell chooses to live in a swamp like this.  Might as well be in Baton Rouge."  He swings a leg over the cockpit sill and pauses before climbing down to the ground.  He reaches back in and pulls the ashtray.

Marshall scampers down to the ground and quickly advances to the Exterminator, using it as cover while he examines the cockpit wreckage.  He has a moment of hope as he sees the intact rescue hatch, which turns to a moment of sorrow as he sees the charred wreckage of a command couch.  Marshall shakes his head and scrapes some of the ash into the ashtray with his Sykes-Fairburne knife, "Always told him smoking would kill him.  The irony of his remains, such as they are, being transported in an ashtray wouldn't be lost on him."  Marshall says softly, "Rest in peace soldier.  You've gone and left me with the hard part, liberating Terra.  And I plan on liberating the hell out of those traitorous bastards, dezgra I believe the General called them.  That's what you're getting for last words you crazy bastard.  I'll make sure your ashes get somewhere you loved."

Marshall climbs back into his 'Mech, carefully reseats and seals the ashtray and mobilizes to meet up with the rest of the Company.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 11:53:24 PM »

28 October 2769
Planet Wing
City of Wei
1740 local

The battle rages on.....
Man made lightning and ruby tracers dance to an ominous tune,
street to street, corner to corner what seams like hours is but mere seconds..minutes
Here amidst the ashes a warrior is lost....
but never forgotten

"Annoying buggers" muttered Allan as he jumped his griffin into the once enemy held intersection
and loosed both racks of srms and his ER PPC into the foolish enemy javelin. "You should know better than to mess with a bigger opponent!" yelled Allan

unfortunate for the javelin it also caught the eye of a ospreys gauss spelling its demise, ungracefully it fell from the building it once perched on..

"Now on to the next one? Looks like Xin needs some help. Looks like two contacts thunderbolt and a hunchback and in close range?!?! He is taking about as much as he is giving crazy bastard and I thought Marshall was a little off." 

Allan turned his heavily heated mech (thanks to a rack or two of pesky inferno rounds) and throttles it for the next intersection where Xin is fighting.."Hold on Xin were on the way getting a little caught up with some ants and they just do not die no matter how many times you step on them" he had expected a snide remark or a grunt but instead heard silence.

He closed in on the intersection and noticed a partially caved in wall with signs that a mech had obviously run into or pushed its way into the building. Coming closer he glanced at his radar as a a contact faded away. He could see what was the remains of a hunchback through a partially blown out wall. "Just 15 more meters" he thought to himself. He glanced through what remained of floors and wall and noticed the thunderbolt propping itself on the wall almost like it was preparing to stomp on something the leg had raised and a arm pointed. Looking closer Allan toggled his range finder and could not see what was near. Drawing a few meters closer he could see through parts of windows and wall a mech laying fighting to stand. It was Xin's exterminator..

Xin's mech struggled to shift onto its side. The mech bleeding coolant trying to compensate for the massive heat spike the mech had just taken. It showed of obvious signs of severe damage the misty clouds of coolant from the heatsinks finally stopped and the mech now propped in a ackward position showed no signs of life. The engine had shutdown..

Allan looked on and did not grasp the situation for a second. the sudden look of confusion turned to panic. He tried to gain the thunderbolts attention but was to late. He looked on in horror as the thunderbolt took little time to bring his battered machines arm toward the cockpit. He brought his ER PPC and SRM racks onto the target and fired. He was just that split second to late. The thunderbolts pilot yelled on a open channel "Die star league scum!!" Laser fire blanketed the exterminator the first shots hit true but thanks to the shock of the weapons fire from Allan the rest missed the mark. The first ones however were enough to set the cockpit on fire. The kick that came also was thrown off but that too was not enough. The cockpit lost the left wall and part of the command couch.

Allan's panic turned to fear. It wasnt hard to notice from the still scoped in range finder that Xin surely could not have survived. Sorrow quickly came but soon after came the anger. "You will pay for that you rim worlds traitor!!!" Closing within feet Allan kicked the surprised thunderbolt pilot slightly forcing him to prop and fire on the same wall he just had used. The thunderbolt fought to stay standing and did so only at a ackward pose. This position was just at the right height. The rim worlds pilot looked on in fear and surprise in realizing the Srm rack had just cycled and now was staring at those potent warheads. "Tell Amaris I will find him in hell!!" The pilot shreiked in fear as the missles fired exploding on the once intact cockpit. What was once a cockpit is no more.

The griffin caught the once alive mech. Feelings of hatred returned. Allan quickly shoved the mech backward the way it came. It to landed in a ackward position at the feet of the very mech it not long ago had ended.

Audio Log 
Sgt Allan Moon
2145 local

Mom,
We had a tough one today saved some people if dad had been there he would be proud wish I was back home with you guys hopefully Ethan and dad were not out on patrol or were smart enough to hide when this all started. The fighting continued for several hours as the civilians were evacuated from the buildings we fought to protect. Most of them were kept intact and many lives were saved. Once the thunderbolt died it kind of went quiet, it was more than just silence hard to describe. We were forced to do some other light work as some infantry units showed up late to the party. That lasted a hour or two before they realized it was not wise to stick around without mech support. Talk about finatical. We lost our logistics officer today was a hell of a guy a little crazy but he held off against some tough odds for a long time. He managed to take one with him before he went. Wish I could have been there just ten seconds sooner. Maybe it would have been different, maybe I could have evened the odds for him. Took on some heavy hitters just his luck ran out. I got the bastard that got him, hopefully we can get off this rock alive. Nobody is taking the loss well some worse than others. One guy in particular though just has a lost look about him wonder if it would be the same look if I lost brother or you and dad. Hope you guys are safe.That is all I can handle at the moment

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:30:30 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]