CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Welcome Back!  (Read 1304 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Welcome Back!
« on: October 21, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »

OK, so this thread is for catching up on our outstanding logistical issues and any OOC questions people have as we get back into the game.

First, replacements.

A replacement for SGT Franklin took some time to be assigned to you.  The funeral for Xin during the trip back to the Rim Worlds was short, closed-casket and solemn.  Lieutenant Hannay, who is dual-certified as a chaplain, conducts the service admirably, giving full justice to the service Xin performed and the import of the great crusade in the service of which he lay down his life.  Xin's missing presence leaves a conspicuous hole during command staff meetings, and no one is particularly anxious to have that hole filled.  Once filled, it seems that he'd be truly gone.  Once off Wing and with time to brood, Marshall takes the loss of his joking partner hard.  For nearly a solid week, he stays locked in his cabin on the Harrington, emerging only for the occasional meal and staff meeting.

It wasn't until mid-December, when the wounded member of the 189th embassy detachment finally passed away from her wounds, that Lieutenant Hannay approached Captain Freund.  Being the only survivor of his entire battalion weighs heavily upon him, and he requests permission to join your unit.  No one is aware of where the remainder of his unit is, or if it even still exists.  In the wake of conducting Xin's funeral, Hannay feels beholden to your unit - the only reason why he's even alive at all.  Freund takes a week to make the decision.  Lieutenant Hannay will fill the E22 slot in your order of battle.  Second Lance, Number 2 postition.  Xin's slot.

Upon making your way back to the SLDF cantonment in the Rim Worlds Republic, you are brought up to full strength.  A new MechWarrior, SGT Kenji Yamamori, is quickly assigned to your understrength 2nd Lance in the E24 slot.  His Mech's stats are below (and will form the basis of a modern Starslayer variant, actually):
Starslayer STY-3CM

Mass: 50 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Battle Value: 1,502

Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 150 meters
Armor: Unknown Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE
Armament:
    2  Large Lasers
    1  Medium Laser
    1  SRM-4
    1  Guardian ECM Suite

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                    83 points                2.50
    Internal Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT, 4 LA, 4 RA, 1 LL, 1 RL
Engine:             Fusion Engine                250                      12.50
    Walking MP: 5
    Running MP: 8
    Jumping MP: 5 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 CT, 2 LT, 2 RT                                   2.50
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             11(22)                    1.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 RT
Gyro:               Standard                                               3.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Ferro-Fibrous                AV - 169                  9.50
    Armor Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT, 4 LA, 4 RA, 1 LL, 1 RL
    CASE Locations: 1 LT                                                   0.50

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     16           26       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  6         
                                           L/R Torso     12           19       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  5         
                                             L/R Arm     8            16       
                                             L/R Leg     12           24       

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Large Laser                                  RA        8         2         5.00
Large Laser                                  RT        8         2         5.00
SRM-4                                        LT        3         1         2.00
Medium Laser                                 LT        3         1         1.00
Guardian ECM Suite                           LT        0         2         1.50
@SRM-4 (25)                                  LT        -         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 3

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Back!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 02:32:23 PM »

Personnel Database and Timeline are both updated and current.  I'll be attaching the *.xls file of the 741st TO&E to a future post in this thread once I can confirm Mike/Hannay's new Mech chassis.  XP totals in the Personnel Database are current as of today.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 11:46:06 PM »

Rob,

There are still a few things to finish up for Kenji.  I've sent a follow up PM.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:00:07 AM »

Ok, the updated version with full history for Kenji has been posted.  Not sure if I'll add a physical description and personality note there or in the first IC post.

With a sweep of his...

Hat
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:41:10 PM by Hat »

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 01:22:11 AM »

Rob, Lt. Reed's currently piloting a modified Cestus instead of a Phoenix Hawk PXH-1b.  However, the Cestus did lose a leg and a side torso in the previous scenario, so its feasible that Reed got reassigned back to a Phoenix Hawk if the Cestus had to be left behind.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 02:33:45 AM »

Rob, Lt. Reed's currently piloting a modified Cestus instead of a Phoenix Hawk PXH-1b.  However, the Cestus did lose a leg and a side torso in the previous scenario, so its feasible that Reed got reassigned back to a Phoenix Hawk if the Cestus had to be left behind.

Given the circumstances of the last scenario, the Cestus would DEFINITELY have to have been left behind.  Planetary evacuations will do that.

However, given that it's been over a year since then, I'll give you a choice to either drive the Cestus or the Phoenix Hawk at this point.  I believe you have both minis anyway.  Just let me know which you prefer.

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 03:20:11 AM »

However, given that it's been over a year since then, I'll give you a choice to either drive the Cestus or the Phoenix Hawk at this point.  I believe you have both minis anyway.  Just let me know which you prefer.

I've actually been borrowing a Cestus mini from Phil and finding two Cestuses that have both been customized in exactly the same way seems kind of suspect to me, so I'll go back to the Phoenix Hawk unless you allow me to hop in a Starslayer or Lynx (I have minis for both of those as well).

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 12:43:38 PM »

Personnel Database and Timeline are both updated and current.  I'll be attaching the *.xls file of the 741st TO&E to a future post in this thread once I can confirm Mike/Hannay's new Mech chassis.  XP totals in the Personnel Database are current as of today.

Rob, I believe that this was the last spreadsheet update.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 10:43:51 PM »

Blah.  sorry, forgot to post the latest spreadsheet update.  Here you go: