CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: OOC: 17 September, 2772 Task Resolution Thread  (Read 7170 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
OOC: 17 September, 2772 Task Resolution Thread
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:45:26 AM »

Only people whose actions warrant dice rolls will be listed.

HOUR 1

Hawker, Callahan, Yamamori, Marshall
-Team moves to Building E.  Door is locked.  Callahan tests Security Systems to breach the door: MOS 1, door unlocks.  Moving through the building, Yamamori passes Perception Check (MoS 3) to detect sounds of armored personnel moving around, but cannot tell specific location.  Building is determined to be areospace defense control center: destruction of this base will likely mean that your sector will find it difficult to defend against fighter support.  The hardening of the building prohibits radio communications outbound - moving toward the exit, Marshal makes a Tactics: Insurgency check (MoS: 1); an area you passed through on the way into the comm center would be a perfect sport to ambush outbound personnel.  Like you.

Yamamori moves up to the corner via Stealth (MoS 4) and makes a Perception Check (MoS 2).  There are several persons blocking your exit route.  Yamamori rejoins you and you plan to fight your way out.  You all have your standard-issue armored cooling suits and small arms (including the rifle grenades that Marshall normally carries, but which won't reach minimum arming distance indoors).  Hand grenades are NOT normal issue: Marshal and Yamamori may have a chance to have 1.  Edge checks: MoF: 5 for marshal, MoF: 1 for Yamamori.

Your only option to get out is a direct assault.  Yamamori and Marshal move out first, providing covering fire so Callahan and Hawker can move out from the corner as well.  The guards are unaware of your initial movement.  Small arms checks from yamamori and Marshall in the 1st pass of combat: Marshall MoS: 2, Yamamori MoF: 1.  The guards are suppressed and take a small penalty on their attacks.  Callahan and Hawker move out and take fire from the guards.  All parties have partial cover from various crates and detrius in the hall.

Guard 1 @ Hawker: MoF: 2  Miss.  Guard 2 @ Hawker: MoF: 1.  Miss.  Guard 3 @ Callahan: MoF: 4 Miss.  Guard 4 @ Callahan, MoS: 1.  Hit for 1 point.  Absorbed by armor.

Return fire.  Yamamori @ Guard 1: MoS: 2.  Hit for 2 points, Guard takes 1.  Marshall @ Guard 1: MoS: 9.  Hit for 9 points, Guard takes 8, dies.  Callahan @ Guard 4: MoS: 1, Hit for 1 point, Absorbed by armor.  Hawker @ Guard 3: MoF: 2.

Guard 2 @ Yamamori: MoS: 2, Hit for 2 points, 1 absorbed by armor.  Guard 3 @ Callahan: MoF: 6, Weapon jams.  Guard ducks behind cover to clear.  Guard 4 @ Marshall: MoS: 1, Hit for 1 point, Absorbed by armor.

Yamamori @ Guard 2: MoS:6.  Hit for 5 points, Guard takes 4, falls unconscious.  Marshall @ Guard 4: MoF 1.Miss.  Hawker @ Guard 4: MoS: 2, Hit for 2 points, 1 Absorbed by Armor.  Callahan @ Guard 4: MoF: 3.  Miss.

Guard 3 attempts to clear weapon.  MoS: 3.  Weapon Clear.  Guard 4 @ Marshall: MoF 1, Miss.

Yamamori @ Guard 4: MoF 2, Miss.  Marshall @ Guard 4: MoS: 0, Miss.  Hawker @ Guard 4: MoF: 3, Miss.  Callahan @ Guard 4: MoF 2, Miss.

Guard 3 @ Callahan, MoS 0, Miss.  Guard 4 @ Marshall: MoS: Hit for 2 points, 1 point absorbed by armor. 

Yamamori @ Guard 4: MoS 4, Hit for 3 points, 1 point absorbed by armor.  Marshall @ Guard 3, MoS: 8, Hit for 7 points, 1 point absorbed by armor, Guard remains standing.  Callahan @ Guard 4: MoS: 4, Hit for 3 points, 1 point absorbed by armor, Guard dies.  Hawker @ Guard 3, MoS 3, Guard hit for 2 points, 1 point absorbed by armor, Guard dies.

Yamamori and Marshall have each taken 1 hit.  Hawker performs 1st Aid (MedTech skill).  @Marshall: MoS 2 - heal 1 point.  @ Yamamori, MoF 1, no healing.

The building is clear, and can be demolished if you so choose.

Reed
-Trying to talk to the Techs to convince them to help make repairs on your units.  You've been given some helpful pointers by others on your staff, giving you some small bonuses.  Luckily, these are not RWR personnel, so your Disdain of the Periphery disadvantage will not come into play.

Negotiation Check, MoS: 2.

The Techs will grudgingly agree to assist in the repair of your unit's mechs.  They will essentially generate a *moderate* bonus on future repair rolls (allowing you to make more repairs), but will still need supervision.  They categorically refuse, however, to repair *your* Mech.  YOU were the one who killed their buddies, and while they are aware that the battlefield works that way sometimes, they are still not going to help you, specifically.  You'll have to devote PC time to make repairs to your Phoenix Hawk.

Banzai
Banzai begins repairs on damaged Mech units.  Technician/Mech roll, MoS: 4.  You've gotten a good start (total MoS/MoF ratio will be tabulated at the end to tell you how much repairs have been made).

HOUR 2

Banzai
Banzai continues repairs on damaged Mech units, eventually assisted by the Technical Staff.  Technician/Mech roll, MoS: 2.

Reed
Sorts through the technical staff as per Freund's instruction.  2 have medical training and are separated to assist in the care of wounded RWR warriors.

HOUR 3

-Team moves to Building D.  Door is locked.  Callahan tests Security Systems to breach the door: MOS 3, door unlocks.  Facility is empty, though a cup of still-warm coffee indicates that it was abandoned very recently.  The building is a security structure controlling access over the bridge. The Autocannon/laser turrets on the roof have plenty of ammo, and are keyed to fire on any fusion-powered units not squawking an RWR IFF signal.  Hawker believes that he can change that perameter once the security codes are broken.

Hawker (assisted by Callahan), attempt to break Computer Systems.  MoS: 2.  It takes the entire 3rd hour, but the computers are ready for reprogramming.

Banzai
Banzai continues repairs on damaged Mech units, assisted by the Technical Staff.  Technician/Mech roll, MoS: 2.

HOUR 4

Hawker (assisted by Callahan), attempts to reprogram the combat computers to fire on fusion-powered units squawking RWR IFF codes and not SLDF ones.  Computers check, MoS 6:  The computers are successfully reprogrammed, and their sensor acuity and response time is actually increased; they will be able to engage RWR units beginning on Turn 1 of the battle, not Turn 3.

Banzai, Moon
Banzai continues repairs on damaged Mech units, eventually assisted by the Technical Staff and by Moon.  Technician/Mech roll, MoS: 5.

Reed, Smythe
Begin to consider how to create improvised defenses on and around the bridge.  Tactics/Land check, MoS: 1.  You decide that delaying the RWR movement across the bridge will be the most effective.  As such, dragging trashes vehicles and mech carcasses to the opposite bridgehead to create a primitive barricade will slow down the enemy.  Each hour spent with a successful ATOW Pilot/Mech roll will give you *1* "rough" terrain markers to place wherever you'd like (per person).  Maneuvering Ace will generate a small bonus (Smythe), Impatient will impose a small penalty (Reed).

You have 24 hours(ish)in "real life"  to put much any changes you'd like to make in the schedule as a result of these events.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 17 September, 2772 Task Resolution Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »

how much more do we have in repairs to make? If we manage to get done with extra time i can assist in clearing buildings or help with anything dealing with sensors or keep watch
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:42:13 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:33:48 AM »

Rob,

As a reminder Yamamori requisitioned and I believe received the following gear per the IC thread:

Mauser 960 Assault System with scope, bayonet and JAF-05 Flash Suppressor, knife, pistol with silencer, Sniper Rifle, Camo Suit, jet pack, medipack, plenty of ammo

The Mauser comes with an integrated grenade launcher which could have been used.  Just a reminder for future combats as appropriate.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 12:46:04 PM »

The Mauser comes with an integrated grenade launcher which could have been used.  Just a reminder for future combats as appropriate.

Your GL has the same issue as the "M203" on Marshall's "M4".  Minimum arming distance.  The difference was between rifle-launched grenades and "hand" grenades.  In a larger space, it may come into play.

(I forgot to type "and Yamamori" when talking about the GLs.  Sorry - 5am typing detected)

how much more do we have in repairs to make?

A lot.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:57:00 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 11:56:49 PM »

alright and to continue chugging along with repairs i go lol
Die Clanner!!!!

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 12:17:20 AM »

Do we now have access to the ADA system building?  I think that was the first one cleared.  Was there anything usable there? Nevermind, can't read.  Is it possible to tap into the air defense system's sensor grid to provide some form of advanced warning on incoming troops to the region?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:36:56 AM by Riegien »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 08:29:34 AM »

Do we now have access to the ADA system building?  I think that was the first one cleared.  Was there anything usable there? Nevermind, can't read.  Is it possible to tap into the air defense system's sensor grid to provide some form of advanced warning on incoming troops to the region?

Good idea.  No, and only because the sensor systems aren't capable of separating out enemy units from ground clutter. 

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 08:04:44 PM »

Ok.  Unless anyone else has any bright ideas on what to do with it, I'm going to ping the watch mech and have them bring the building down.  I am going to suggest that we change the building clearance schedule to go for the next building with turrets next (assuming we gather from the previous building that the turret controls were only for that specific building's guns).  I will assist with that building as well. 

After that, I will break off from the search party and head back to my mech to attempt to open communications with the column, appraise them of our situation and determine air support now that we appear to have a window. 

After that, I will assist the medical team through to the end of the next session/hour block/ thingy. 

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 12:55:37 AM »

Ok.  Unless anyone else has any bright ideas on what to do with it, I'm going to ping the watch mech and have them bring the building down.  I am going to suggest that we change the building clearance schedule to go for the next building with turrets next (assuming we gather from the previous building that the turret controls were only for that specific building's guns).  I will assist with that building as well. 

After that, I will break off from the search party and head back to my mech to attempt to open communications with the column, appraise them of our situation and determine air support now that we appear to have a window. 

After that, I will assist the medical team through to the end of the next session/hour block/ thingy. 

Schedule Updated accordingly - there's additional 2 buildings with turrets (A and C); I've moved those up to the next priorities (instead of the small village to the southeast), have you on-schedule to work with both sets of turrets, then break off for comm and coordination duty.  Next Task Resolution post up shortly.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 04:22:31 AM »

TASK RESOLUTION POST

HOUR 5
-Team moves to Building A.  Door is unlocked and blown partially off the hinges from stray weapons fire.  The building is essentially empty, primarily used as a command/coordination center and, in the basement, and ordnance storage facility.  There is a great deal of LRM, AC/10, and Ac/20 ammunition, along with a moderate amount of assorted small arms ammo and power packs.  You reload your personal weapons from the previous firefight, and restock Hawker's first aid kit.  Given the earlier firefight, each of you takes a single smoke grenade, just in case (carrying more in conjunction with your cooling suit is difficult, and having explosive grenades strapped to you in a high-heat environment with the potential for rapid-discharges of electric current strikes you as a poor plan).

As you expected the computer is keyed to fire on non-RWR IFF codes.  The fact that you've seen the system before and successfully re-encoded it gives you a small bonus to your attempt to break security.  Hawker and Callahan make the attempt: Computer Skill Roll, MoS: 5 Successfully cracked.

Re-encoding the system to fire upon non-SLDF IFF codes (on fusion-powered units) requires a further Computers Check: MoS: 1.  Success, but this Turret System will be unable to engage RWR forces until Turn 3.  

The search through the building, inventory, resupply, and computer use takes you the full 2 hours.  Hawker, Callahan, Yamamori, and Marshall will move to Building C at Hour 7.

Moon
-Continues repair work, assisted by the Technical Teams.  Technician/Mech roll: MoS 6 (a sufficiently high roll to re-attach the arms on Callahan's Shadow Hawk, plus general repairs).

Reed & Smythe
-Continue preparing barricades
Reed: MoS: 5.  Success = 1 Barricade Hex
Smythe: MoS: 6 Success = 1 Barricade Hex

HOUR 6

Moon
-Continues repair work, assisted by the Technical Teams.  Technician/Mech roll: MoS 2

Reed & Smythe
-Continue preparing barricades
Reed: MoS: 1.  Success = 1 Barricade Hex
Smythe: MoS: 4 Success = 1 Barricade Hex

HOUR 7

-Team moves to Building C.  The door is locked.  Callahan moves to pick the lock as per Building E.  All PCs fail perception checks (yik).  Callahan makes Security Systems Check: MoS 1.  The door slides partway open and sticks.  A hail of gunfire blows through the open door.  Due to proper entry team positioning (along the wall), no breaching members are struck.  Callahan and Hawker lay down blind suppressive fire while Yamamori and Marshall fall back away from the door to put rifle grenades into the structure.  

Callahan Small Arms check: MoF: 5, no hits.   Hawker Small Arms Check: MoF: 3, no hits.  No guard gets better than an MoF 1 on the return fire.

Yamamori and Marshall delay to take actions simultaneously.  Yamamori small arms check (grenade launcher - GL) at the doorway: MoS: 2.  The grenade sails into the doorway and explodes.  Marshall small arms check (GL): MoS: 5.  The grenade sails into the doorway and explodes.  There is a few moments of silence, and then blind return fire resumes (no hits), but with markedly less volume and enthusiasm.

Callahan rolls a smoke grenade into the doorway.  Hawker holds.  Yamamori and Marshall move back to either side of the doorway for a 4-man buttonhook entry.  Grenade goes off.  Doorway area provides excellent cover for all optically-based sighting systems.

Entry team moves in and to either side of the doorway.  Yamamori and Callahan make Perception checks.  Callahan fails.  Yamamori MoS: 4.  Yamamori notices a grenade landing at his feet.  He makes an Acrobatics check to grab the 'nade and throw it deeper into the room.  
MoS: 1.  UNLUCKY DISADVANTAGE - REROLL  Acrobatics check: MoS: 4.  There is a muffled thud of the grenade, and a much louder explosion in the back of the room; you are still unable to discern what exploded due to smoke.

Marshall and Hawker make perception checks.  Hawker MoS: 1.  There is a grenade at Marshall's feet.  Being too far to grab and throw it, Hawker shouts a warning.  Marshall Perception check to notice grenade: MoF: 3.  Perception Check to hear warning (Poor Hearing Penalty Applies): MoF 2.  Grenade goes off.  Damage check 2 - Marshall takes 1 point of damage, 1 point absorbed by armor.  There's now a smoking spoon-shaped hole in the SAPI plate in your armor.  Hawker damage check: 4, -3 for radius = 1, -1 for armor.  No damage suffered.

All PCs move clear of the smoke and find cover; there are expended AC/10 ammo cans strewn about the room.  Two submachine guns and a support MG open up on you; the support MG in suppressive fire.  Guard 1 (SMG) @ Hawker: MoF 1, Miss.  Guard 2 (SMG) @ Marshall: MoF 1, Miss.  Support MG at Yamamori and Callahan's team: MoS: 2, both parties will take small penalties to future attack rolls.

Yamamori reloads his GL.  Marshall @ Guard 1: MoS: 7, Guard takes 6 points, -2 for armor, fails BOD check and falls unconscious.  Callahan @ Support MG Gunner: MoF: 3, Miss.  Hawker @ Guard 1: MoS: 1, hit, absorbed by armor.

Support MG slews to target fire on Marshall, declaring firing through cover.  MoS: 7, -4 for cover, -1 for armor.  Marshall takes 2 damage, passes BOD check to remain conscious, fails BOD check (MoF: 5) for staying standing after being hit by a support weapon.  Marshall is prone behind the boxes.

Guard 2 (SMG) fires at Hawker, MoS: 3, 2 points, -1 for armor, Hawker takes 1 damage.

Yamamori makes a perception check to judge distance (MoS: 1) and fires a grenade at the wall behind the Support MG nest.  Damage check: 8, -3 for radius  = 4 damage suffered by Support MG gunner, -1 for armor (passes BOD check).  Hawker fires @ Guard 2, MoF 3, Miss.  Callahan fires at Support MG Gunner, MoS: 4, 3 damage, -1 for armor = 2 points, Gunner reduced to 0 BOD and is unconscious and bleeding out.  Marshall rolls out into the open and fires at Guard 2: MoS: 9(!).  Guard's head explodes like an overripe pumpkin hurled at the rear windshield of a Ford Taurus SHO.  Firefight ends.

Hawker hurries hisself over to Marshall to make sure he's OK.  MedTech check: MoS: 2.  Marshall heals 1 point of damage.  MedTech check on Hawker, MoF: 3, no healing.

There are a half-dozen cowering administrators scattered throughout this building, who had been finishing the overnight logistics datawork when you people dropped on the garrison.  They offer no appreciable resistance, and after some light persuasion (Marshall: Martial Arts(basic) Check, MoS: 5) volunteer the fact that the data core which controls the automated defenses is in the basement of this building.  Callahan and Hawker get to work on the Security Systems (Computers Check: MoS 4).  

Moon
-Continues repair work, assisted by the Technical Teams.  Technician/Mech roll: MoS 7 (sufficient roll to re-attach the missing arm on Frend's Griffin).

Banzai, Hannay
(finished work on the LAM - Technician/Mech check @ low TN: MoS 5, success)
-begins modifications to LRM carriers.  What you are doing will be setting up an improvised wireless network connecting an LRM carrier and a turret targeting system.  Each LRM carrier will require 3 different rolls (Engineering, Computer, Technician/Mech) and 3 hours of time.  An MoS of 4+ on an roll will cut one hour off the time per LRM carrier.  The minimum is 1 hour.  You will be able to place the LRM carriers where you desire on the board during deployment, but they must be within 10 hexes of a turret.  They will NOT be able to employ indirect fire.  There are only 3 turrets, so only 3 LRM carriers may be modified in this fashion.  The LRM carriers themselves will not be mobile during the game, so their front facing will matter.  They need not fire at the same target as the turret they are slaved to.

Banzai (Hannay Assisting)
LRM Carrier 1: Engineering Check MoS 4
LRM Carrier 1: Computer MoS 1

HOUR 8
With the Security Systems on the Computer Core down, Hawker and Callahan begin reprogramming the primary core to to only recognize SLDF codes.  MoS: 1.  Success.  This turret will not activate until Turn 3 of the game.

Alternatively, if you choose to devote time to the task, you can attempt to wipe reprogram the primary core from "scratch" (not quite, but close enough).  This will allow you to keep making Computer checks to get a high MoS, in order to ensure all 3 Turrets come online on Turn 1.  Each attempt will take 1 hour.

Moon
-Continues repair work, assisted by the Technical Teams.  Technician/Mech roll: MoS 6 (sufficient roll to reattach the missing arm on Marshall's Champion.).

Banzai, Hannay
-Continue work on LRM Carrier 1
LRM Carrier 1: Technician/Mech roll: MoS 3
LRM CARRIER 1 COMPLETE

You have 24-36 hours(ish)in "real life"  to put much any changes you'd like to make in the schedule as a result of these events.  The updated schedule is attached below.  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:35:32 AM by Darrian Wolffe »

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 07:32:04 AM »

Schwepps can assist in the barricade construction.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 09:57:18 AM »

Ok, a few thoughts.  

1. I would give some priority to rebuilding the cores and getting those turrets friendly on Turn 1 rather than Turn 3.  That could make life quite a bit easier when our position gets hit.

2. There was an extra heavy lance of 'Mechs that came in at the end of the combat.  Could they be enlisted to guard prisoners or help keep watch?  Alternatively, are any of them skilled in small arms and infantry tactics?

3. At this point buildings F and H aren't on the radar at all for investigation.  I'm guessing that's the small village where the generators were, but not certain.  If we split Yamamori and Marshall and add an extra person or two we could cover the extra 2 buildings in the same amount of time.  Arguably we'd move G and I up and add F and H in the 15 - 18 hour slot.

4. It may be worth it to see if Reed and Hannay could work with or negotiate with the prisoners to help us determine what's in the remaining 4 buildings to be investigated and to possibly get their cooperation in getting their fellows to surrender (to avoid their deaths) or at least get a priority track for the remaining 4.  I know Reed had offered to help with repairs, but looking at his sheet I don't see anything immediately that would make him a better candidate for that than one of the others.

Question: Will we get XP to spend before the next session?  I'd like to buy back at least 1 point of edge if possible.

GM: I'm really sorry, Paul.  I hit "modify post" instead of "quote post" and typed the entire reply out.  I've restored your post as best I could.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:16:31 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 12:20:37 PM »

Marshal is flat out wounded enough that he can't take point on clearing. He's two boxes from dead without more medical attention.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »

Good point.  I hadn't kept track of the total number of hits Marshall had taken.  I believe Yamamori is down only 1 box out of 6 and can continue with the sweeps.  If we could get any remaining pockets of resistance to surrender or at least be able to identify which buildings are really critical to clear, that would make life easier.  Yamamori has the Fit advantage so can probably push himself longer than most if we need him to limit his R&R to just a couple hours rather than 4 for example.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »

GM: Due to RL concerns, (see CCNP exam) I am unable to participate in OOC things.  Allocate Orlov as seen fit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4