CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: OOC: 17 September, 2772 Task Resolution Thread  (Read 7171 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 17 September, 2772 Task Resolution Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 07:41:48 PM »

GM: Due to RL concerns, (see CCNP exam) I am unable to participate in OOC things.  Allocate Orlov as seen fit.

I have been.  The schedule has you picking yourself out of the mud, cleaning up, getting back the unit, drinking heavily, falling asleep, and so forth.  So basically what you're doing with the CCNP exam anyway...

(I'll get to the other questions after/if Eli goes to bed)

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 09:43:31 PM »

We should probably rig explosives to the bridge so that we can at least prevent the RWR from recapturing the bridge if we are unable to hold on to it ourselves.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 09:46:56 PM »

We should probably rig explosives to the bridge so that we can at least prevent the RWR from recapturing the bridge if we are unable to hold on to it ourselves.

GM: Is that an official tasking order (you are the XO, you can do that), or just a discussion request?

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »

It had been discussed by Marshal as a fail safe several bullet wounds channels and a grenade ago.

He hasn't seen any great quantities of stuff that goes boom so far.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 10:00:31 PM »

Are we in contact with the main SLDF force at all?

GM: Is that an official tasking order (you are the XO, you can do that), or just a discussion request?

Just a discussion request.  Reed lacks the engineering and demolition knowledge required to know if blowing up the bridge is even remotely feasible.

It had been discussed by Marshal as a fail safe several bullet wounds channels and a grenade ago.

Don't we have some spare ammo for battlemech scale weapons?  That might be capable of at least doing something.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 09:43:33 AM »

We have a lot of LRM reloads lieing around, those might be the best thing to build a bridge IED out of.  Did we already check to see if the bridge was wired?

Hanney will get in his mech and start helping with constructing the barrier, as he has no skills to help with the LRM carriers.  He will also start making sure to do a full radar and mag sweep every 10 min.  At hour 10 he will switch over to complete enemy scan watch.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 11:22:14 AM »

GM: Due to RL concerns, (see CCNP exam) I am unable to participate in OOC things.  Allocate Orlov as seen fit.

I have been.  The schedule has you picking yourself out of the mud, cleaning up, getting back the unit, drinking heavily, falling asleep, and so forth.  So basically what you're doing with the CCNP exam anyway...

(I'll get to the other questions after/if Eli goes to bed)

Touche

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »

Ok, a few thoughts. 

1. I would give some priority to rebuilding the cores and getting those turrets friendly on Turn 1 rather than Turn 3.  That could make life quite a bit easier when our position gets hit.

This can be done with a officer-level order.

2. There was an extra heavy lance of 'Mechs that came in at the end of the combat.  Could they be enlisted to guard prisoners or help keep watch?  Alternatively, are any of them skilled in small arms and infantry tactics?

They actually are keeping watch.  That's why it's safe to have only a single Mech of your own on watch at any given time - SOP would normally dictate having 1 lance on watch at all times.

4. It may be worth it to see if Reed and Hannay could work with or negotiate with the prisoners to help us determine what's in the remaining 4 buildings to be investigated and to possibly get their cooperation in getting their fellows to surrender (to avoid their deaths) or at least get a priority track for the remaining 4.  I know Reed had offered to help with repairs, but looking at his sheet I don't see anything immediately that would make him a better candidate for that than one of the others.

I've got him scheduled for that simply to ensure that there are *some* repairs done to his Mech.  Even unskilled, he can still "assist", and some of the successes from the general repair rolls will be diverted to his Mech - otherwise it won't be.

Question: Will we get XP to spend before the next session?  I'd like to buy back at least 1 point of edge if possible.

XP totals are updated.

3. At this point buildings F and H aren't on the radar at all for investigation.  I'm guessing that's the small village where the generators were, but not certain.  If we split Yamamori and Marshall and add an extra person or two we could cover the extra 2 buildings in the same amount of time.  Arguably we'd move G and I up and add F and H in the 15 - 18 hour slot.

I need to know ASAP if you guys plan on clearing Building B first.  You have a scheduled R&R coming up after that, so there'll be a chance to mess with the other buildings afterwards. 

Alternatively, if you don't want to look at Building B, Marshall can take this hour and look at rigging improvised demolitions using spare LRM and/or AC/10 ammo to blow the bridge. 

Hanney will get in his mech and start helping with constructing the barrier, as he has no skills to help with the LRM carriers.  He will also start making sure to do a full radar and mag sweep every 10 min.  At hour 10 he will switch over to complete enemy scan watch.

Got it, schedule updated and attached below.  I'll be doing Task Resolution after Eli goes to bed tonight, so you've got till 10pm or so for commentary and so forth.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »

We don't have the time or manpower to clear out the remaining buildings if we continue to use the same approach.  I vote that for each building we announce that if all RWR personnel have not surrendered and exited the building within five minutes, then we'll destroy the building.  After the five minutes are up, we'll send a team in to make sure there aren't any additional RWR personnel present in the building.  If the team encounters any sign of armed RWR personnel in the building, then instead of attempting to shoot it out, they are to fall back immediately.  Once the team has safely exited the building, we'll level the building, which will hopefully wipe out any final pockets of RWR resistance.  Also, interrogating some of the prisoners to find out which of the remaining buildings are and are not occupied could help save some time.

Can someone with communication skills who isn't currently doing anything more important attempt to get into contact with the SLDF unit currently passing behind us?  If we can convince them to send a lance of artillery vehicles our way, then that could be of great assistance in the upcoming fight.  Also, see if we can get any air support.  A pair of fighters with full bomb loads would be extremely useful.

Ok, a few thoughts.  

1. I would give some priority to rebuilding the cores and getting those turrets friendly on Turn 1 rather than Turn 3.  That could make life quite a bit easier when our position gets hit.

This can be done with a officer-level order.

I'll give the order to anyone with appropriate skills who isn't currently busy fixing battlemechs.  If everyone is too busy fixing mechs, then I'll give the order as soon as the mechs are back up and running.

I see the priority of our remaining tasks to be as follows:

1. Rig bridge to explode.
2. Getting artillery and/or air support.
3. Repairing battlemechs.
4. Getting turrets online on turn 1 instead of turn 3.
5. Making barricades.
6. Clearing buildings.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:57:20 PM by Death or Glory »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 01:59:50 PM »

Callahan pipes up:  Uh, LT?  You do remember that these planets we're liberating are occupied by Rim Worlds troops and are populated by Hegemony people, right?  If we level that village, we're destroying the homes of the people we came to save.  I was under the impression that "destroying the town in order to liberate it" went out of style a few hundred years ago...

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »

Callahan pipes up:  Uh, LT?  You do remember that these planets we're liberating are occupied by Rim Worlds troops and are populated by Hegemony people, right?  If we level that village, we're destroying the homes of the people we came to save.  I was under the impression that "destroying the town in order to liberate it" went out of style a few hundred years ago...

It has?  Crap, there went my plan.  got it from the Terran classic - Aliens.

I'll show my self out, got tired of staring at HSRP/VRRP.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »

OOC: I got confused as to which buildings had and hadn't been cleared already.  My comments about threatening to blow stuff up applies only to building B, which is the last remaining military building.  I don't think clearing the civilian buildings (F, G, H, I) is a worthwhile use of our time currently.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 03:39:23 PM »

Yamamori is still willing to go into the buildings if he can get someone to pop locks for him.  Would it make more sense for him to infiltrate from the top floor / roof of building B and work to clear down?  Especially if there's an effort to unlock the door on the first floor first or simultaneously.  Just because we unlocked it, doesn't mean we need to open it.  If there are defenders, pull them to the forward position expecting a breach and then let them stew while Yamamori sneaks in from up top.

Otherwise he's willing to be assigned to do whatever.  Given the priority listing above, Yamamori can either be an extra set of untrained hands on the repairs, be in his mech helping with the Barricade or clearing buildings.  Alternatively he could be on watch if whoever's on watch would be more useful doing one of the higher priority items.

If by some chance his experience with Support Weapons would help with mining the bridge, great, but I'm guessing it doesn't apply.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 03:41:31 PM »

Rob, a quick question on XP: I had 50 left over from character creation, there's only 20 listed.  Assuming I've got 70 total and edge costs 30 points each to buy, I'd buy back the 2 points of edge.  If I've effectively only got 20, then I guess I'm letting it ride.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 04:48:59 PM »

Rob, a quick question on XP: I had 50 left over from character creation, there's only 20 listed.  Assuming I've got 70 total and edge costs 30 points each to buy, I'd buy back the 2 points of edge.  If I've effectively only got 20, then I guess I'm letting it ride.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

No - you've got 70.  I had that column in my head as "XP earned" as equivalent to "total XP". 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4