CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: OOC: 17 September, 2772 Task Resolution Thread  (Read 7168 times)

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 17 September, 2772 Task Resolution Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 10:53:48 AM »

hey rob i think marshall only had one arm blow off shows 2 reattachs for his mech from what i seen in the boards anyway
Die Clanner!!!!

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 11:00:12 AM »

Correct. Only one arm blown off.

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2013, 12:00:47 AM »

Is anyone able to bring rough terrain counters?  I have some blank particleboard hexes otherwise.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 07:49:05 AM »

I can bring some. I have access to the hexpacks in pdf. and can print out.  

Printed them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:28:12 AM by phlop »

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 09:28:39 AM »

I just have the hex packs

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2013, 09:04:40 PM »

Alright I have all the sheets except for the Wasp LAM WSP-105 LAM.  Does anyone have access to any product that this unit is in, and can bring it tomorrow?

Edit:  And problem fixed.  See you all tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:45:05 PM by agustaaquila »

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 09:35:05 AM »

So I'm curious as to how the game went on Saturday.  :)

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 11:21:12 AM »

Brandon (Ice) was running your mech. Do I need to say more.

No you are fine. I left as they were finishing the last turn. We had killed, I believe close to a company of mechs. Brett's mech is the one that may have sustained the most damage.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2013, 11:47:37 AM »

Brandon (Ice) was running your mech. Do I need to say more.

No you are fine. I left as they were finishing the last turn. We had killed, I believe close to a company of mechs over two companies of the attacking battalion before their morale broke and they fell back. Brett's mech is the one that may have sustained the most damage.

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »

So I'm curious as to how the game went on Saturday.  :)

It was basically a turkey shoot.  We lost 4 mechs (three of our NPC allies got head capped and Mike's Archer went down from engine hits) while destroying 25.  My Phoenix Hawk, Brett's Spartan, and the NPC Archer also suffered very heavy damage.  I think everyone else is pretty much okay.  The RWR effort was hampered by lack of coordination between the various OpFor players and them never seriously targeting the turrets, which were absolutely chewing them up all game.  We attempted to blow the bridge when the bulk of the RWR's heavy and assault units finally reached the front lines, however the explosive failed to detonate.  Fortunately we destroyed enough units to get them to fail a moral check and they subsequently withdrew.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013, 10:03:07 AM »

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the next one. Been playing MegaMekNET to satisfy craving for Battletech recently, but it's not the same as pushing mini's around a tabletop.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 12:47:07 AM »

was rather interesting the mission looked to be a defeat we did try to blow the bridge but by dumb luck we turned it around turrets and the air support helped a ton not to mention we had relatively good obstacle location in the bride way which did help to narrow what the enemy did numbers dont lie though 6 to 1 kill ration is impressive in any conflict but i dont know if saying skill or luck decided the battle
Die Clanner!!!!

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2013, 09:25:52 AM »

One of the things Rob mentioned was that it was likely to boil down to who's morale failed first.  The RWR mechs on the board at the end included a Devestator, 2 Warhammers, I think 2 Mauraders, 1 Battlemaster (too far away to be of concern), a Cyclops and I forget what else.  We were certainly out-weighed and out-gunned at that point which is why we were pulling back.  The difference ended up being as we saw them pause and start falling back we rallied and pushed forward.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2013, 10:51:15 AM »

was rather interesting the mission looked to be a defeat we did try to blow the bridge but by dumb luck we turned it around turrets and the air support helped a ton not to mention we had relatively good obstacle location in the bride way which did help to narrow what the enemy did numbers dont lie though 6 to 1 kill ration is impressive in any conflict but i dont know if saying skill or luck decided the battle

A mix of both.

Behind the curtain: After you guys destroyed the 12th Mech (and the unit commander), I started rolling morale checks for the NPCs, though at a very easy TN (while an end-of-turn roll, it was done during the Weapons Fire Phase, with the modifiers for that turn's Weapons Fire phase added later, so as not to allow PCs to accidentally metagame the mechanic).  Every 2 additional units they lost added to their negative modifier.  Statistically, they'd have a little better than a 90% chance to break the time when they had lost their 32nd Mech (approx 85% casualties).

The skill involved was in outlasting a much larger force that could have pushed through on sheer weight.  The luck involved was being fortunate enough to have them break at all, and, frankly, break just as you folks were about at a Combat Loss Grouping.  Both luck and skill are important in warfare.

As a note: pretty much ALL the "large" fights you take part in - from the beginning of the campaign - have had a similar mechanic.  It's grossly unfair to the PCs when all the enemy units you encounter just "charge in until dead" and don't care whether they live or die.  You broke the enemy under similar circumstances all the way back in the Taurian portion of the campaign at Firebase Rourke and on Terra during the action of 31 December, 2766.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]