CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: February 23rd & Campaign update  (Read 757 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
February 23rd & Campaign update
« on: February 14, 2013, 02:55:09 AM »

Just a reminder that we DO have a game scheduled for the 23rd (we'll be sharing space within the store with a Magic tournament). 

I've finally gotten my copy of Liberation of Terra Vol 2, and am about 2/3rds of the way done mapping out the remainder of the campaign.  VERY excited about this; there's going to be some time skips coming up soon - the 17th Army is WAY more heavily engaged on Terra than I thought it would be, so bouncing ahead seems to be the way to go.  Look for the next major fluff thread to be up in the next 48 hours.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: February 23rd & Campaign update
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:39:46 PM »

Darrian, do you have an end target in terms of number of missions, time or something similar in mind in terms of why to do the time jumps?  I don't mind a longer overall campaign though I know I came in late.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: February 23rd & Campaign update
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 05:58:35 PM »

Darrian, do you have an end target in terms of number of missions, time or something similar in mind in terms of why to do the time jumps?  I don't mind a longer overall campaign though I know I came in late.

Basically, your end of the SLDF lies doggo from 2773-2775, just before the Lib of Terra.  So there's prolly gonna be a timeskip regarding that.  Once you're on Terra, the 17th Army has like 4 major, major actions, each of which is good for 3-6 missions on their own.  So we're probably going until the end of 2013 at least.