CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OOC: September 18th, 2772 - February 23rd, 2773  (Read 2964 times)

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: September 18th, 2772 - February 23rd, 2773
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 05:24:51 AM »

Wince.

We are actually relying on my dice?  Might as well nuke the civvies ourselves.

Banzai was only suggesting.  He is not in command.  [He doesn't usually give speeches.]
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »

It's a legitimate tactic. It doesn't change that relying on my dice karma is a really bad idea.

Honestly it's probably the best we have. I'd suggest parking Marshall and Schwepps on a hill since we have enough punch to do it and are the best gunners for it.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »

IC) And I thought I had confidence issues.  Guys, we are ECHO CO.  We got away from Earth.  The Royal Black Watch didn't get off of Earth.  There isn't anything that slime Amaris can throw at us that we can't shove right back up his swarthy, flea-bitten ass (sideways).

ooc) Rob,  I'll take that 30 xp from the last game and spend it on Sensor Ops +1.

ic)  I suggest that Marshall find the best overlooking hill and set up for the shot.  Which WE WILL provide for him.  We are going to have to scan for the radiation signature.  Beware of the gun cars, they don't have gun penalties.  Scanning range will likely be short range for it's guns.  If the nuke is in a passenger car, we should use lots of smaller weapons (optimally MG and SL and SRM's) to minimize possible damage to people.  But if we have to, we have to... and Amaris will have more on his account when we get back to Earth.  I'll personally never forget the mom singing Silent Night and getting vaporized by that PPC.  WE ARE GOING TO GET BACK TO EARTH AND STAMP PAID ON HIS ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!  This I swear.  Now let's do this. 

*Carl eyes the slightly overzealous LAM pilot*

Switch to decaf.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 11:25:30 AM »

That was the reason for my asking about the terrain. I also have +3 sensor ops. Just means that I have to be within 3 hexes of the train.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 01:18:07 PM »

It's a legitimate tactic. It doesn't change that relying on my dice karma is a really bad idea.

Honestly it's probably the best we have. I'd suggest parking Marshall and Schwepps on a hill since we have enough punch to do it and are the best gunners for it.

NOBODY'S dice karma is as bad as mine.  You'll be fine.  My old group had a rule for ME only...on a d20 role of 01 was as good as a 20 because I rolled 01 so damn much!
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 12:13:50 AM »

Sorry about the late notice, my son's basketball game was moved to tomorrow at noon so I'm going to be late.  I should be there about 1:30.  If someone could print a Starslayer sheet so it's covered, that would be great.  If Rob doesn't have the variant it's a 3C, but there's no small laser in the head, no medium laser in the left torso, the SRM Ammo got moved to LT lower and ECM is in lines 5 and 6 in the LT.

See you tomorrow.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 01:00:43 AM »

Got it.
Pages: 1 [2]