CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Poll

Which game would you rather have: Mech-centric, or Areospace-centric

Areospace
- 7 (87.5%)
Mech
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 02, 2013, 11:20:46 AM

Author Topic: Next Mission - your choice  (Read 1452 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Next Mission - your choice
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »

OK, so we're finally onto Terra.  Given the unique nature of what's happening in-universe at this point, I'd like everyone's input to decide the format of the next campaign mission.  You can choose what you'd like the next mission to focus upon, (a part of) the biggest WarShip fight in the history of the Inner Sphere, or the biggest BattleMech combat landing in the history of the Inner Sphere. 

Note that if you choose Areospace, then the Mech-centric portion will be the next campaign mission after the game in March, so you won't be missing out.  The areospace stuff happens BEFORE the combat drop...so if we go with the Mechs, then we'll be missing the chance to do areospace.  I know areospace isn't everyone's thing, which is why I'm asking this instead of just going with my natural inclination.

This poll will run until Friday, but if everyone's votes are in before that, then I'll close it and move things along.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Next Mission - your choice
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 09:25:24 AM »

By the way, if we do end up having the aero battle, should we expect to face Monitors?  :P

**runs and hides**

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 04:36:32 PM »

By the way, if we do end up having the aero battle, should we expect to face Monitors?  :P

**runs and hides**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9CILklZpr0&feature=player_detailpage#t=86s  Relevant to your statement

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 08:04:44 PM »

my question would be would we be wiped out if our side actually loses the aero battle end campaign type thing aero fights can be rather hard especially with what could be in this battle
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:59:30 PM »

my question would be would we be wiped out if our side actually loses the aero battle end campaign type thing aero fights can be rather hard especially with what could be in this battle

Your unit will not be on the board.  Essentially, if you lose the areospace scenario then it will have a SMALL impact on your Mech mission, but not much of one.  It's mainly just a chance to do this thing,at the right place, at the right time.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 10:46:45 AM »

Rob, you mentioned holding off on spending XP until after we see what our options are from the almost 2 year time advance.  Do you know when you'll be sharing those options?

With a sweep of his...

Hat