CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: IC January 30th, 2777  (Read 1278 times)

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
IC January 30th, 2777
« on: April 11, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »

The view of Terra from orbit is impressive, despite being partially obscured by the debris from the fight to get here.  Kenji pulls out a holo of what appears to be a family portrait and considers it.  Everyone in it is in formal SLDF dress gathered next to a sign at Fort Forlough.  The location and Yamamori's rank of Corporal point to it having been taken more than a decade before.  He stares at it for a while before quietly asking, "Do you think anyone in the service survived the purges?"

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re: IC January 30th, 2777
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 12:36:06 AM »

Hanney moves up next to Yamamori, and takes out his own picture.  It shows a young man who is not Hanney but looks similar standing in formation with a lot of other people, all in cadet uniforms.  "My father's first day at Sandhurst.  Its all I have left of my family, but I know that I will see them soon.  I know that it would take a miracle for anyone to survive this long.  To an extent, its my job to believe in miracles.  That's not why I know there are people down there waiting for us, who have been protecting others this entire time.  Its because Amaris is evil, and good will always rise to confront evil.  And evil doesn't know how to confront good; it may kill one thinking that good is like evil and is contained in one.  Good is not, it spreads underground, unseen and uncontainable.  Evil cannot stop it, because evil cannot comprehend good.  The only thing evil can comprehend is its end.  I know right now, tonight, Amaris is shivering in his bed his dream haunted by all of us coming to end his evil.  It's all he can know, until we finally do come, put an end to his terror, and finish what he started many years ago.  Now, good night, I'm going to get a few hours of rack time until I can fulfill Amaris' dreams for him with his death."

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: IC January 30th, 2777
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 09:24:56 AM »

Kenji listens to the chaplain's words, but continues to stare out the view port.  "My father was an instructor at Fort Forlough.  My sister was with the 191st on Earth.  They're resourceful, but..." his voice trails off for a moment as he gathers his thoughts.  "I've listened to the guys in Echo who made it off Earth after the Coup.  They don't paint a hopeful picture.  My brother's still alive.  He's here with the 17th Army, one of the jump infantry units.  He used to be part of the 56th, but now's part of the 1007th.  Once the war is over here, we're supposed to get a drink back at the Fort or close to it.  I can't help think of the song 'Empty Chairs and Empty Tables' though.  Can't wait to get planetside and have the waiting over."