CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: IC: January 31st-March 9th, 2777  (Read 8615 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re: IC: January 31st-March 9th, 2777
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 10:59:44 PM »

[OOc:  guys, if you have an NPC mech please do not mark damage in pen.  becasue of the pen, I cannot fix the destroyed erppc in the thunderbolt, and several mechs are going into battle with otherwise unnecessary damage]

For mechs immediately available, I have a wolverine -6r.  Its last pilot won't be needing it anymore.  I can try to pull parts off the crippled phoenix hawk to get the guillotine we salvaged back up and running, looks like it has the inputs to be a 3N.  If we need more than that, we are plumb out of luck.  I'm not taking other guys out of their cockpits just for you to have a ride, you will have to wait for supply to catch up with us just like the other 6 pilots.

Oh, and we have 2 officers, a captain and a lt.  what do you want to do with them.  I understand my predecessor took them out in the woods and shot them, but thats not really my style.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:09:08 PM by agustaaquila »

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 11:18:15 PM »

[OOc:  guys, if you have an NPC mech please do not mark damage in pen.  becasue of the pen, I cannot fix the destroyed erppc in the thunderbolt, and several mechs are going into battle with otherwise unnecessary damage]

For mechs immediately available, I have a wolverine -6r.  Its last pilot won't be needing it anymore.  I can try to pull parts off the crippled phoenix hawk to get the guillotine we salvaged back up and running, looks like it has the inputs to be a 3N.  If we need more than that, we are plumb out of luck.  I'm not taking other guys out of their cockpits just for you to have a ride, you will have to wait for supply to catch up with us just like the other 6 pilots.

Oh, and we have 2 officers, a captain and a lt.  what do you want to do with them.  I understand my predecessor took them out in the woods and shot them, but thats not really my style.

Or you could just print a new sheet.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 05:37:46 AM »

is everything including 10 year old photos [ooc: photos, Rob?]

Andrew Higgins

Percy Hobart

Peregrine Watson

Rebecca Buck

Roger Bannon

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 05:49:05 AM »

[ooc: Banzai dives into the local internet to attempt to find public records for the "building" in question (entrances, sewers, basements, electrical, phone lines, the works)

These are simply not available because it is not a public building.  Given the size of the complex from orbital photos, you have a pretty good guess that it's intended as a secondary command bunker and hardline comms relay.  SLDF equivalents have a guardroom and a "waiting area" where people can be processed into the back, an office or two, and a hardened area in the center or in the back where the comms equipment is (also tends to double as a small armory).  

Assuming that your read of the orbitals is correct, the usual RWR internal defenses are focused around a fire team or a squad (4-8 personnel) of infantry.  In your experience, RWR bunkers depend on manpower, not automation, for internal defenses, so the odds of running into command-detonated explosives or turret defenses are low.  They do tend to be built heavier than SLDF equivalents, and some can initiate a computer-controlled lockdown procedure that will seal the defenders behind extremely stout doors (these last types were mainly found on Apollo - the RWR capital).

Then, probably more tricky, hack into the Rimworlds Military net to find where Gen Babcock is stationed.  He might need Hawker's help with cryptography on this one.]  

Normally, I'd say you have no access to that sort of info...but given that you salvaged the Guillotine and you and Hawker would have had three weeks to poke at it with your skill levels...OK.  

General Babcock was rotated to a new command position in August of 2777.  He commands the 118th Brigade, and of the two Mech regiments in that Brigade, the 422nd Amaris Cavaliers are his direct command.

Marshall seems to calculate odds for a few minutes. "Padre, lots of flashbangs are in order for this. If we have to clear room to room a building by ourselves we need all the edge we can get. Tear gas and respirators might even be a good call."

As a free Career/Soldier thing for both you and Kenji, as ex-infantrymen: infantry gear is sealed against gas and is hardened against both laser flashes (polarizing faceplates) and the concussion of BattleMech-grade autocannon going off nearby***.  Given those facts, flashbangs, while hilarious, are not *necessarily* going to be effective against all possible adversaries.  I'm not saying they may not help, but they aren't likely to be the "auto-win" button they are in MOUT today...

***Star League Sourcebook; Decision at Thunder Rift; Mercenary's Star are all sources for these points.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:06:43 AM by Darrian Wolffe »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 06:37:54 AM »

[OOC: Rob, which of the following can be combined? 1) Our combat coolant/jumpsuits, 2) other armor that could be added over it, 3) sneak suits, 4) circular vision visor ?  Oh, and I'm guessing there are no armor piercing tranq guns. ;)  The goal is reasonable armor, self contained environment and polarized/vision protected helmets.  If armor's going to be a problem, can we bring in large balistic shields used for riot gear and use those as portable armor?

Also, can I make a Career/Soldier roll for likely deployment inside, whether we'll have any time they won't be fully geared up - 20 seconds, 1 minute, whatnot and what's typically been needed to neutralize a facility like the one we're hitting?]

"We should add a couple tranq pistols with silencers if we can.  I've got mine, but another 1 or 2 wouldn't hurt."

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 08:28:31 AM »

"If we manage to catch them out of their gear, flashes are worth it. I'd recommend blowing the door for the breach. Unless these guys are amateur hour, they won't have hostages in the front room. I'll dig around the armory for a rifle can. I'd suggest ear pro if you gents don't routinely carry it."

Career soldier to hunt down a can.

Demolitions to requisition breaching charges beyond my normal load.

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »

OOC:  Bryan and I are currently both dispossessed due to having our mechs' center torsos destroyed last scenario.  As Delta 34 was killed in action last scenario, I can use his modified PXH-1 (the one with a large pulse laser, two meds, and double heat sinks).  Is there a spare mech available for Bryan?  How many mechs does Delta Company have left?  I know they got shot up pretty bad in the previous scenario.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »

"Given the mission at hand, I can give my ride to the major and work as jump infantry. It would be one less idle mech during the extraction," Yamamori offers.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:22:16 PM by Hat »

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 06:26:23 PM »

is everything including 10 year old photos [ooc: photos, Rob?]

Andrew Higgins

Percy Hobart

Peregrine Watson

Rebecca Buck

Roger Bannon

[ooc:  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D]
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 07:42:06 PM »

Infantry Gear:

As a general rule, it's very difficult to combine armor with your cooling suits (remember, SLDF personnel wear full suits, not Succession Wars-era vests).

You can request heavier armor.  Each point of damage-soaking capability after the first will add a +1 penalty to all PSRs while piloting a Mech (up to a maximum of 6 points of damage-soak).  Someone from your unit will have to make a Skill Check to get them (Administration TNs start at 7, all other TNs start at 9; these ARE Charisma-linked skills, so a CHA penalty will apply if the stat is low), 1 test per person protected.  Each point of damage soak adds +1 to the TN.  

Circular Visors: I'm considering you to already have them, as you'll be able to see all around your mini on the table.

Weapons: Infantry-grade weapons can be had for those of you whom have a Small Arms skill of +3 or higher.  Infantry weapons will ignore light armors (lighter than your cooling suits), and can have attachments on them.

Demolitions:  Grenades are available.  Each person can carry 2 hand grenades if they want, and grenadiers (marshal)  can carry 6 rifle grenades.  Each additional increment of 2/6 grenades will add a +1 penalty to your PSR in BattleMech combat, and one will randomly detonate on a head hit (on a 10+) or if your heat reaches the ammo explosion threshold (they're outside the cooling system in your suits).

Acquiring a person's grenade loadout is an Administration/Negotiation/Career Skill check of TN 10.  Kenji and Marshal are already authorized to pull their desired grenade mixes.

Shapable Explosives (C-90, etc) are simply not available here.  There's no significant infantry presence in your sector which would have them.  Marshal has what he has (4kg, iirc), which is enough for 2 decent-sized charges.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 01:05:02 AM by Darrian Wolffe »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »

Rob, Yamamori typically carries a full grenade load with his Mauser unless that's a problem.  Assuming that's ok he'd be carrying 1 frag, 1 flashbang for the grenades.  Do you need a reminder on Yamamori's standard kit?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »

Rob, Yamamori typically carries a full grenade load with his Mauser unless that's a problem.  Assuming that's ok he'd be carrying 1 frag, 1 flashbang for the grenades.  Do you need a reminder on Yamamori's standard kit?

Yes, please. 

Remember that you and Marshal don't have to do any rolls to get your standard loadouts (about 2 hand and 6 rifle grenades) as it is.  The only time you'd have to roll would be to get more of them to carry; if you wanted 12 HE rifle grenades, for example.

The two of you are also considered to have "infantry weapons", rather than the sidearms that people like Callahan carry.  I know you have the Mauser system, and he has his M4gery.

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 08:24:15 PM »

OOC: Who has the record sheets for Delta Company?

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 08:42:10 PM »

[ooc: How much experience did we get for the last mission?]
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »

[ooc: How much experience did we get for the last mission?]

It's already in the Personnel thread.  The amount of XP there is what you have available (the last date of edit on that post was April 25th, well after our last game...you'd better believe I checked before starting stuff for the game this week).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4