CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Logistics for the June 29th game  (Read 8747 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Logistics for the June 29th game
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 03:04:08 AM »

Phil, I have 2 minis of yours: a blue Griffin, and your PC Ostroc.  Both will be at the game.

RSVP LIST
1) Rob DeHoff
2) Mike Hickey
3) Travis Friedmann
4) Dan Sweikata
5) Brent Shadwell
6) Brett Shadwell
7) Bryan England
8) Steve Ruhlman
9) Phil Hays
10) Jon DeVore
11) Drew DeVore
12) Brandon
13) Paul The Hat
14) Seth (Steve's nephew)
15)
16)
17)
18)

NOTES
a) Sorry about any misspellings.  In my defense, it's 3am.

b) We currently have 18 companies worth of Mechs prepped for this.  If you are bringing people, I need to know ASAP - with a FIRM commitment - so we can make sure we have a unit for them.  As you can see, there are only 4 unclaimed slots.  Note that we can have EVEN MORE companies prepped and ready (I think we'll end up topping out at about 20 though, because we can't fit more people at the tables), but we need to know ahead of time.  Like, noon on Wednesday at the absolute LATEST.

Please, if you're bringing other folks, PLEASE RSVP them.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2013, 08:25:10 AM »

Steve Taylor  (Steve's friend)

p.s.  2 "LL"s & 2 "NN"s    ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:32:16 AM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2013, 04:23:27 PM »

DAN, MIKE, TRAVIS
Those little card sleeves we use for Warmachine?  Yeah, I need a LOT of them.  Like, 250.  If you guys can each do a count a figure out among yourselves (or if somebody just has 250, bring 250 of them), we'll need them for the game.

I've got 10-20 hard card cases.
What I have a bunch of are 9 card binder type card holders.  Each of those could fit a company if you double sided them, would those work?

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2013, 05:17:19 PM »

Rob, my friend Patrick's interested but can't be there until 3 PM.  He's the one I've brought once or twice before.  Normal sessions I know that would be too late, but my recollection is that this sessions going to run long.  Are you ok with him joining us?

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2013, 05:17:55 PM »

I've got 10-20 hard card cases.
What I have a bunch of are 9 card binder type card holders.  Each of those could fit a company if you double sided them, would those work?

That's a good idea.  Try a dry-erase on them.  If there's no residue, then we can use those.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2013, 05:20:53 PM »

Rob, my friend Patrick's interested but can't be there until 3 PM.  He's the one I've brought once or twice before.  Normal sessions I know that would be too late, but my recollection is that this sessions going to run long.  Are you ok with him joining us?

Er...in this case, I honestly don't know.  I was going to request people ACTUALLY get to the store at 10am (with Mike and I getting there at 9:30 so we can put cards in sleeves in the food court), and I don't know how long this will go.  I can estimate how long a BT game will take relatively well, but I simply don't have enough experience to say on how long a QS game will go.

Moreover, I can't guarantee him a slot at the table; we're pairing up "company v company", and if he doesn't get there until 3pm, either somebody else has to wait for him, or we've got an even number of players and have been going for 4 hours by that point.   :-\

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2013, 11:29:10 PM »

Rob, I've worked things out with my wife, so will be there at 10.  In terms of Patrick, is it fair to tell him that he's welcome to show up but likely may just be an observer?  No expectations on his part, if someone wants assistance or to leave early he can fill in.  Fair?

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 09:12:06 AM »

Oh good. Surprise router replacement at work Friday night because Captain Slow has all the communication skills of a concussed duckling with oxygen deprivation.

I can't commit because I have no idea what unholy hour I will be stuck at work until.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2013, 05:05:30 AM »

Rob, I've worked things out with my wife, so will be there at 10.  In terms of Patrick, is it fair to tell him that he's welcome to show up but likely may just be an observer?  No expectations on his part, if someone wants assistance or to leave early he can fill in.  Fair?

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Yeah, that's 100% fair.

EVERYONE, make sure you've looked over the QS rules, please.  I mean, really looked at them, not taken 5 minutes to skim and say "ok, I looked over them".  Please go over them with any other players you're bringing, if at ALL possible.

Remember, we need RSVPs by Wednesday evening (yes, Brent, I know.  Please try hard.).

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 08:15:21 AM »

I might be able to make it, but I can't commit until I know how late I'll be at work on Friday. It could be a 30 minute gear swap, I could be there until 0900 on Sunday.

I'm out.

Edit: As is Brett. She can't get last minute child care and I'm likely to be zombie mode.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:07:48 AM by Knightofargh »

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2013, 08:52:56 PM »

I would look them over, but I can't seem to open the file that Mike has on here.

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2013, 09:34:26 PM »

I have placed a non MS Word version of the document up in that thread.

Juniantara

• What do you mean my PC died again?
  • Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2013, 02:01:28 PM »

I have gotten Arthur squared away so I will be attending this week.
Brent will be missing due to the work situation.

I read the one-page primer, but I need to understand the special abilities and how they work. Where can I find this?

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2013, 03:58:30 PM »

Rob,

I've talked to Patrick and made sure he's clear on expectations. He's going to call the store when he gets off work to find out if he'll have something to do.  Once he knows if he'd be helping out or watching, he'll decide whether or not to show up.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2013, 10:10:36 PM »

I have gotten Arthur squared away so I will be attending this week.
Brent will be missing due to the work situation.

I read the one-page primer, but I need to understand the special abilities and how they work. Where can I find this?

Strat ops page 342 starts the list of all special abilities, if you need help from there ask.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4