CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Campaign Wrap-up  (Read 1625 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Campaign Wrap-up
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:30:36 PM »

OK folks, it's been over two years now.  After speaking candidly with several people over Origins, here's the plan for the remainder of the campaign.   Note that this revised schedule is a PSA, not a debate.  We're losing players, and a HUGE portion of that is that people are tired of the SLDF campaign.

REVISED APOCALYPSE RISING GAME SCHEDULE
June 29th - Quick-strike game.  Invasion of Anchorage.
July 20th. - mission in North Dakota(ish)
August 3rd.  CAMPAIGN ENDGAME

That's it.  We're done at that point.

For the remainder of the year, I suggest, as we work towards starting the twin campaign tracks, we play one-offs.  Various people can take charge for a game and GM a 1-shot, we can do pick-up play, experience all sort of newtech and so forth.  Everyone gets to recharge their batteries this way, and we can all have some serious/silly fun doing stuff that doesn't have lasting consequences.

New campaigns start in January, or whenever the GMs decide to get things rolling. 

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Wrap-up
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 09:39:34 PM »

ALL PLAYERS will have 100 XP added to their total XP score, or set to a minimum value of 150 XP, effective immediately.  After the next mission, XP may not be spent for the remainder of the campaign.

ALL PLAYERS will have their Edge refreshed to its maximum value for EVERY game from here on out.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:41:28 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 10:57:52 PM »

Rob, with my XP I'll finish buying off the Unlucky Trait, not sure what to do with the other 50.  Could I apply it against the Maintenance issue and get a reroll if the first problem maintenance roll sucks?  I'll gladly pay you Tuesday (Campaign End) for a hamburger (cleared maintenance issue) today!  ;)  Career/Soldier +4 would fit too, but that's 60.

I'll think more on the 50.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 11:35:22 PM »

Rob, with my XP I'll finish buying off the Unlucky Trait, not sure what to do with the other 50.  Could I apply it against the Maintenance issue and get a reroll if the first problem maintenance roll sucks?  I'll gladly pay you Tuesday (Campaign End) for a hamburger (cleared maintenance issue) today!  ;)  Career/Soldier +4 would fit too, but that's 60.

I'll think more on the 50.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

You can buy off unlucky AND the Maintenance Trait, because you came into the campaign with those expecting more games to buy them off, and I'm taking those extra games away from you.  Ergot, I'm fine with taking out them both.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 09:34:22 AM »

August 3rd is out for me. It's not something I can move.